Step to You

By aiyanella

When Rose decided to stand in that student-packed hallway, she only thought that she was about to change the... More

NOTESÉ
PRE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
CAST pt. ONE
NINE
TEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
ELEVEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
NOTESÉ
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
NEW YEAR SPECIAL
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SEVEN
Cast pt. 2
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY -- FINALE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
EPILOGUE
PREVIEW

FIFTY-SIX

842 75 23
By aiyanella

Rose's POV

"YOU TOLD HIM THAT?!" Elise clapped my back while laughing. "I'm so proud you weren't swayed!"

"I bet she's screaming deep within," Sue muttered.

"No I am not!" I said and walked on. They both held each of my arm. "But actually I felt kind of... sad."

"Why though?" Elise asked in an inpatient tone.

"Because... I miss him--"

Elise jokingly hit the back of my head while Sue sighed rather dramatically. I laughed at them.

"What can I do? I cannot forget everything in one go, but I will follow your advice guys," I stopped walking then gasped.

"What?" Elise asked.

"I got one problem," I said sighing deeply. "Mom told me before that we aren't going back to our house any sooner."

"Why?" Sue asked with a frown.

"You know Mom and Auntie, they're all in for me and JK," I muttered.

"But you can tell her the situation," Elise suggested.

"No, I can't. Or it might cause another feud between JK and Auntie. I don't know what to do if it happens again, now that Auntie is perfectly happy..."

Sue nudged us to walk again. "Well, you can still stay true to your words, Rose," she said thoughtfully. Both Elise and I looked at her. "You can get away from him."

"I agree!" Elise said, raising her hand. "You can get away from him by ignoring him. Don't talk to him or anything."

"You think I can do that if we're in the same house?"

"You have to!" Sue tapped my back. "Or he'll forever play with your feelings. It's called self-respect, Rose Anne. He is not respecting what you feel and always confuses you because you give him the motive to do so."

I bit my lower lip and did not respond. I know Sue is right...

"Don't worry," Elise said, putting her arm around my shoulders, "we'll help you."

Sue nodded.

"Okay," I said and raised both my fists. "I'll do it!"

***

I don't know if it is what Sue and Elise called "help," but if it is---

"I can't do it!" I said and shook my head.

"You can!" Elise said and gave her phone. "Just accept it okay?"

"Can't she just date Van?" Sue asked and I facepalmed. Both my friends are setting me up for a blind date. As if I do blind dates!

It's only four days since they proposed to help me, but I have done so many things already.

1. They made me go to school before 5:30AM since JK wakes up that time. (I swear I haven't had a decent breakfast since Monday!)

2. We eat dinner outside, or in Elise's/ Sue's house. Jennie said that after she's done with the shooting, she'll invite us to dinner too. (Elise listed the restaurants she wanted to try.)

3. I have to go home late---at least past 9pm! Because JK goes to bed 'round that time, they said it will lessen interaction between us. To make my excuse valid as to why I'm going home late--Sue listed me up for study hall! (I'm so sick of school works please~)

4. Blind date. Ugh.

"She can't! JK knew she doesn't like Van so it won't work. But if Rose shows that she considers other guys, then JK will believe that Rose is serious at what she said." Elise handed me her phone. "Go, Jayson's calling!"

Jayson is her brother Lei's friend's younger brother who goes in an all-boys school.

"But---"

"Aish!" Elise swiped it to answer then pressed the phone to my ears. I got no choice but to take it from her.

"Hello?" I said awkwardly. Elise and Sue are both smiling from ear to ear. I turned my back on them or I will laugh, and they listened closely. "Uhm, it's me Rose Anne--"

"Hi, Rose Anne! Elise told me about you!"

His voice sounds good.

"Yeah... uhm---"

"She said we can meet. Are you free on Saturday?"

He's so quick...

Elise mouthed 'yes' and I almost wanted to sigh.

"Y-Yes... I guess so..." I laughed a bit, "can't we meet after school?" I wanted to get away from study hall!

"Oh no, sorry Rose. I'm afraid I can't do it. I have music classes after school. I teach music to kindergartners."

He's into music too?

"Really? You teach music to kids?"

"Yeah, sort of additional allowance and it's my hobby too."

Sue nodded in approval.

"Okay, then we can meet this Saturday."

"Alright. I'll fetch you, you can give me your address. I have a car."

Sue mouthed 'wow' while Elise nodded proudly.

"Okay. I'll send it to you."

"Well, then. Good bye for now! I'm excited to meet you."

"Me too." The call ended and I handed back Elise's phone to her.

"See? Not bad right? I know Jayson. He's kind and musically inclined. You'll like him," she said and typed something. "I'm sending you his number and yours to him."

"Okay," I agreed.

"I'm excited for you," Sue muttered and smiled at me.

The bell rang signalling the dismissal time. Elise went to do some club activity, while Sue and I headed to the study hall. We saw Jennie by the door, she's waiting for us.

We sat at our usual place at the back. We cannot really talk to each other while the study is going on because the teacher is so strict. We also cannot use the phone. I was able to do some assignments here, and until 7:00pm, my mind is occupied with worksheets and study guides. When Mom learned I'm joing study hall, she's delighted. She said I'm now taking my soon-college life seriously. If only she knows why I'm doing it, she'll surely pinch me on the sides.

"Please detach the answer sheet and pass it forward," the teacher said at 7:00. Everyone obeyed, and at 7:10, we're all going downstairs.

"Where shall we have dinner?" I asked.

"I'll pass. I have a dinner with some of my relatives in the mother side," Jennie said then she walked to the opposite direction.

Sue accepted a call so we stopped for a while. Afterwards, she looked at me apologetically. "Rose, something came up at home. I think you have to eat dinner at home."

"Alright. Maybe JK is still outside or he's busy," I said.

So we parted ways, and at 8:00, I am at home. Too bad, they've just started eating when I arrived.

Which means--- I have to sit down with JK on one table.

"Why, you're early?" Mom asked as she handed me a plate.

"We finished early and my friends are busy," I said. "Thanks mom." I started piling food on my plate.

Auntie smiled at me from across the table, "Rosie we're just talking about an out of town trip this weekend!" She looked expectantly at me. "We're going to a beach!"

Jasmine made a tutting noise which Auntie clearly had mistaken for excitement.

"I know you're all excited kids, so tomorrow afternoon, we'll start preparing what to bring for the picnic!" She said while clasping her hands. "JK, take a day off okay?"

JK did not respond. But he didn't say he's not going either, so I think he agrees with his mom. He looked at me and I abruptly looked down on my plate.

Oh noes. If my friends learned JK caught me looking, they'll skin me alive.

"Rose, shall I prepare your bathing suit?" Mom jokingly said and she and Auntie laughed.

I smiled, "Uhm, I would love to go but I already have plans Mom, Auntie..."

The smile on their faces literally vanished and they both gaped at me.

"What?" Mom asked. "Is it with your friends? Maybe you can reschedule---"

"No, mom, not with my friends." I said and put down my spoon. Auntie is looking curiously at me. "I'm..."

Dug. Dug. Dug. Dug.

JK stood. "I'm done. I'll go to my room."

I mustered up my courage even if Mom might freak out. "Actually I'm having a date."

"D-Date?!" Auntie's spoon and fork fell with a loud clank on her plate. "With whom?"

"You already have a boyfriend, honey?" Mom asked.

JK has already left the room. Good thing though, or I might feel uncomfortable telling this.

"Yes, but he's not my boyfriend. He's Elise's friend." I smiled shyly. "He teaches music to kindergarten as part time job. And he has a good voice."

Jasmine rolled her eyes and stood, leaving her food half-eaten. But Auntie did not notice because apparently, she's too shocked at what I said.

"Honey, are you... seriously?" Auntie asked, then she drank some cold water.

"Well, if you already have set the date, then you should go." Mom said and tapped my arm. "We will be enjoying without you..."

T__T

Why am I feeling like a bad daughter?

"Yeah, Rhea is right dear," Auntie said and picked up her spoon again. "We'd definitely be happy without you there..."

I almost winced at their strategy but I just forced it into a small smile.

Mom, Auntie. You have to understand me...

----Elise's POV

I faced Rose with arms crossed in front of me, "So. Did you agree?" I asked.

"I said I'm not going." She looks distressed. "But I don't think I can't, you know Mom and Aunt Annaly. They're hitting my conscience really well."

Shaking my head, I sat beside her just as Sue arrives carrying a stack of pocket books.

"You'll read all that?" I asked her in awe.

"No, someone asked me a favor to return this." She sat on her chair, and put the books inside her bag. "What are you talking about?"

"Well, Rose said she was thinking of not going to the date. She said they have a family outing tomorrow," I explained.

"You were?" Sue asked Rose who just put her palms up to her face. "Well, you should decide now. Jayson might be preparing."

"Shall I call him?" Rose asked. I shook my head and looked away.

I can't blame her though. But if she goes, it's sure that she'll get in touch with that Alison.

"Wait---" Rose said, sitting upright. "Jayson's calling!"

"Answer quickly," I urged and then put my ears near her phone to listen.

"Rose! I called because I wanted to tell you about tomorrow, can we move it some other time? My father's friend asked me to sing to his wedding. It's tomorrow..."

"Really?" Rose said. I swear she almost jumped. Tsk.

"Yes. I'm so sorry..."

"No, it's okay. We have a family outing tomorrow so I was also thinking about it..."

"Is that so? Then there'll be no problem? Thank goodness! I was worried you might get the wrong impression."

"No, no. It's okay. We can meet next Saturday."

"Alright! Bye!"

"Bye..." Rose ended the call and looked at Sue and me with a wide smile.

"Yeah right. You're happy you're going to that trip with JK." I muttered.

"Promise, I won't be swayed." She said and held my right arm.

"Aha!" Sue exclaimed and we looked at her. "I thought of something I have read before. If you want to forget someone, don't say their name."

"How?" I asked.

"Make their name a bad word," Sue answered.

"What, like fuck or shit?"

"No," she said. "But we can say 'blank' or 'eff' or 'toot'. Like we can't say his name because it's taboo."

"Ah, I see," I thought of an idea, "What if we use 'poop' when we're talking about Alison?"

"Eyy! Don't say the name!" Sue said with a shake of the head.

"Is he Voldemort or what?" Rose asked. We both laughed.

Sue sighed and tapped the desk. "Let's be serious okay? Rose, when you go to that trip, don't ever talk to 'toooot'!"

I giggled. "You sound like a broken TV, Sue."

"But what if I'm talking to JK---"

"TOOOOOT!" Sue said loudly and I laughed. "Don't say the name."

"Fine. What if I'm talking to 't-toot'?" Rose said. She pronounced 'toot' with such awkwardness that I snorted loudly. Sue nudged me.

"Okay, okay, I like the sound of it." I leaned forward. "Can we call Inocencio 'Eeeenk'?"

They both stared at me.

"Why?" Rose asked, "Are you forgetting him too?"

"No!" I said and looked away. "If J---( Sue: "TOOOOOOT!")--Fine! Toot! If Toot's name is taboo, we should make his friend's name too. So I go for Eeeeeenk."

"Eenk?" Rose laughed.

"No, make it a bit longer-- Eeeeenk."

We laughed.

"What about Soyeon Lee?" Sue whispered afterwards. "Shall we make hers taboo, too?"

I slammed the desk loudly, "Of course! Let's call her... Bitch?"

"That's bad," Rose said and I laughed.

"Still calling her that." Who cares?

----Rose's POV

Saturday.

The sound of the waves hitting the shore is pure comfort. It is really beautiful here, and there are so many people. I think I would really enjoy... If not for this---

"Oh no!" Auntie screamed suddenly, causing some people who are sun bathing not far from us to look curiously. "Why did I forget it? It's the most important of all!"

I wanted to bet that Auntie had something in mind when she said she forgot to buy watermelons.

"I'm really craving for it... and the resort said they aren't selling watermelon here. But there are many in the market not far from here," she said with puppy eyes to J---to her son.

I pretended to be busy with putting meat on the skewers.

"Fine." I heard him say.

"Rosie--" mom said, "you should go with JK."

"Mom--" I said and racked my mind to think of an excuse. But none came. "Okay."

I think I have to deal with Tooot for now...

"JK, wait for Rosie!" Auntie shouted when her son started to walk away.

"It's okay auntie," I said and ran after him.

I was walking quietly behind him when he stopped. I almost bumped onto him.

"Did you bring the money?" he asked without looking.

"I-I forgot!" I said, clasping my forehead. "I'll go back."

I ran back to our cottage. Mom handed me some bills because Auntie's on the phone, then I ran again to J---to Toooot who is still standing on the exact spot where I left him.

Just as the resort staff said, the market is just a walking distance. All throughout that trip to the watermelon store, Toot did not talk to me. It's like we do not know each other.

Walking back, I stayed a few steps behind Toot. Auntie was perfectly pleased with the watermelon we bought, and before she could shoo me and Toot again to do some errand, I busied myself with peeling the sweet potatoes.

Elise called me. I put it on loud speaker.

"How's it? Have you two talked?"

Is she so excited? I thought she's against us talking?

"No. I didn't even say his name," I said and put the first sweet potato on the basin.

"Very good! Excellente! Bravo! So you think he noticed?"

I glanced where Toot is but he's standing far from us, looking at the sea with Jasmine. "I don't think so. You know Toot. He really is good at ignoring me so he probably didn't notice."

"Argh. That Tooot is really thick."

I laughed.

"Rosie!" Mom said from inside the cottage and I looked at her direction. "Can you call JK? We need a hand here."

"Alright," I said and stood, and taking up a deep breath I shouted. "HEY TOOOT! Auntie is calling you!"

Wait.

Did I just call him Toot?

"Pffft! Did you just shouted that---?! Gahahah!"

Biting my tongue, I sat again and peeled the sweet potatoes, just as Auntie and Mom looked out the window.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

594K 13.9K 29
Wilbur Soot's sister Rylie, the unofficial 4th member of the Dream Team, starts to fall for a specific Texan whiteboy😏 •BEST RANKINGS• #1 in wilburs...
484K 956 27
A few wedgie challenges for you guys! If you want you can tell me ideas and I'll add them Tell me how it went while you were doing these! it woul...
49.6K 2.8K 31
Short drabbles and/one shots about Park Chaeyoung and Jeon Jungkook as themselves coming from real life theories/moments.
782K 36.7K 59
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...