Step to You

aiyanella द्वारा

When Rose decided to stand in that student-packed hallway, she only thought that she was about to change the... अधिक

NOTESÉ
PRE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
CAST pt. ONE
NINE
TEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
ELEVEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
NOTESÉ
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
NEW YEAR SPECIAL
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
Cast pt. 2
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY -- FINALE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
EPILOGUE
PREVIEW

FIFTY-FOUR

832 87 18
aiyanella द्वारा

Rose's POV

"Rosie, dear, haven't you talked to JK at school?" Auntie asked me across the table at dinner time. Beside her is Jasmine who is pouting down at her bowl of mixed vegetables, and sitting at my right is Mom who looked curiously at me upon Auntie's query.

"Uhm," I put down my spoon amd shook my head, "no, Auntie."

Aunt Annaly sighed sadly. I know why---because her son told her he'd be home tonight for dinner but didn't even text he is not coming.

"I told you Mom, he is not coming home," Jasmine muttered and we all looked at her. "JK  called me and said he'd visit me some other time."

"Why?" Auntie asked sharply. "What's more important than his family that he can't be home for dinner?"

"I don't know. Maybe he's got a girlfriend---" Jasmine glanced at me then looked down on her bowl.

But what she told already reached her mom's ears. "What? Who got a what?"

"It's okay, Anna. Maybe he'd call you soon," Mom told Auntie who just shook her head in slight disgust. "I can't forgive him if he comes home with another girl."

I smiled shyly. "Auntie, you know JK doesn't like me."

"Of course he does!" Auntie exclaimed.

"Yeah he does," Jasmine mumbled almost inaudibly. We all stared at her again.

"Why are you mumbling things? Come again, he does? JK does love Rosie?" Auntie repeatedly asked.

"Argh. I'm going to my room," Jasmine said and stood up.

"But you barely touched your food honey---" Mom called.

"I'm sleepy Aunt Rhea," she muttered and walked out.

Aunt Annaly sighed anxiously. "I'll go to his apartment tomorrow and check what he's up to."

"I think you shouldn't, Anna. He's a grown up now, you should not crash like that," Mom said.

"But he's still my son!"

"Yes, but he's having issues right now. Just eat some fried chicken," Mom put the biggest chicken breast part to her plate. Aunt Annaly laughed.

I stood. "I'm done eating too. I'll go to bed."

"Okay, honey." Mom tapped my back and smiled, "Good night."

"Good night to both of you," I smiled and left.

Arriving at the second floor, I looked at JK's door. I miss him so much. I wonder what he's doing.

And I wonder too, why Jasmine said he got a girlfriend.

Were the rumors about him and Soyeon Lee reached Jasmine?

I shook my head, maybe not. How would she know? Like JK would even tell her.

But what if he did?

"Argh, Rose Anne! You're losing your head again," I muttered and went to my room.

Just as I prepare to go to sleep, my phone beeped and saw Jennie's text.

[Hey Rose! Can we vc?]

A video call?

I sat on my bed and replied, [Sure]. I'm not yet sleepy and it's still early.

Seconds later, Jennie's face is on-screen. She had her hair tied up, and seems to be lying onher bed. Even the lights are dimmed, she looks so pretty.

"Hello!" I greeted happily.

"Hi!" she waved at me, putting her face near the phone that only her gummy smile showed on the screen.

"What's up?" I asked.

She held her phone up for me to see her clearly, but this time the cute smile left her face. She looks like she's about to deliver a bad news.

"What?" I laughed, "Why am I getting this vibe that I was about to hear something awful?"

Jennie laughed, "Well... Awful is...," she sighed, "an understatement?"

"Woah? I'm getting kinda nervous, Jen," I said and put a pillow behind me to sit comfortably. I turned off the light and left only the lampshade open.

"What's that?" Jennie asked pointing. "I saw something sparkle in the background."

I looked and saw the snow globe JK had given me. It's getting the light from the lampshade, causing it to twinkle.

"Ah, it's the snow globe JK gifted me," I reached for it and showed it to Jennie. "Isn't it cute?"

I saw her sigh. I placed the snow globe back into my table.

"Yes... Well, Rose, you see, the reason I called you this hour is because..." She paused. I think she's hesitating. "Because I think it's best if you know. It's about JK."

My heart started to beat fast. "Why? What about him?"

"I'm not a hundred percent sure, amd I know I might sound like jumping into conclusions or what, but there were already two incidences and..." she heaved a deep breath, "... it's your right to know."

I nodded. Second by second my heart's thumping is getting quicker.

"JK and Soyeon Lee..."

Oh, God, please not---

"I think the rumors about them aren't just rumors."

---them.

I frowned, "So you mean...?"

"I was at my manager's house last Sunday. We had a planning that lasted for quite a few hours and by the time I left, it's late. It turned out that my manager's house is in the same apartment as JK's because I saw him." Jennie sighed, "Well, I saw Soyeon Lee went that day inside his apartment. I waited for an hour, and she's still not going out when I left."

I bit my lower lip. I honestly don't know what to think. I could feel something painful building up in my chest, but I tried my best to look as though I am okay.

"I know it sounds malicious Rose, but you're aware that girl likes JK?" Jennie continued. "Anyway, I didn't tell it to you because I said maybe I'm just mistaken. What if he just helped her? So I let it pass. But then this afternoon, I heard they were kissing just after class, in front of many students."

Now this came to me like a blow. Like something hard hit me square on the chest.

I gaped at Jennie, and then my mind wandered back to dismissal time when JK passed by me, and then----

"Hey, I forgot something," Elise said and held my shoulders, pushing me to face back into our room's direction. "Let's go back!"

I didn't wonder why Elise suddenly pushed me away back into our room for no reason. But, I think I understand now.

She might have seen them. My heart gave a painful jolt and I felt like crying.

"Rose--" Jennie said and I saw in her face that she's worried. "I'm sorry."

I smiled, but I honestly don't know how I managed to do that. "It's okay. You know our situation right? He doesn't like me. It's understandable for him to fall for another girl."

"Just forget what you feel about him. He's not worth it, okay?" Jennie said and gave me a small smile, "I know it is not easy, but you should show him he's not everything to you. He is acting like that, confusing you and all, because he knows you're so into him. Just... Just ignore him and show him he's not all that matters to you."

I bit my lip and sniffed. I'm about to cry, but I fought it back. "Thanks, Jennie. Thank you for telling me."

"I don't want you to be made stupid by that guy." She looked angry. "Van is really worried about you."

"He knows?"

"I told him..."

I nodded. So that's why he acted like that.

"Jennie, can I ask you a favor?"

"What's it?"

"Can you not tell Elise and Sue... that I knew?"

She slightly frowned, but then smiled and nodded. "Okay."

"Thanks."

"But what's your plan?"

I shook my head. "I don't know. I think I would just keep it cool. Besides JK doesn't like me, so I don't have the right to confront him."

"Just ignore him."

I looked down, "I don't know."

"What?! Rose Anne! Don't tell me after what I told you---"

I laughed, "I still don't know what to do. Don't worry, I'll consider your idea."

"Don't just consider it. Do it."

I sighed.

We talked a bit about what to do with JK, then, when it's 10pm, she said good night. The call had ended minutes ago but I'm still staring at it.

To be honest, I just told Jennie that I don't know but deep inside me, I feel so ashamed of myself. I have held onto him for so long, even Jennie said that I see JK as "everything to me." I have been so stupid.

I lay down and stared at the ceiling. He kissed me. He held my hand. He hugged me. He told me to hold on. The heart has its reasons.

Then he'll be like that to another girl?

Was everything a joke to him?

***

"Oh my gosh---NO!" I shouted and covered my eyes with the throw pillow.

Jasmine sniggered and called me something I didn't catch. It's Sunday afternoon, and we're into the second horror movie--Metamorphosis. Mom and Auntie are out shopping, and I was left to look after Jasmine. She wanted to watch movies, too bad she doesn't like the Disney ones.

"You're such a coward Rosie," Jasmine said laughing.

"I don't want to watch. I'm going to my room--"

"Just stay here! It's no fun watching alone!" she pouted.

I sighed. "Fine! But I am not looking. I already almost wetted myself in Nobody's Sleeping in the Woods Tonight, I've had enough." I took the popcorn bowl and ate with my back to the tv.

She laughed, "Okay, but just stay here."

I shook my head in surrender as I try to ignore the horrifying sounds. Well, I think it's best to stay here. At least I won't be able to think of things.

But ever since I woke up this morning, what Jennie had told me is still echoing inside my head. It feels like I'm going to be sick, but I can't show it. Because I know Mom and Auntie would ask. And I don't want to talk about it. Besides, who knows how Aunt Annaly would react if she knew?

I'm also waiting for Elise to tell me that she saw. But why isn't she saying anything?

I sniffed.

"Are you crying?" came Jasmine's voice.

I looked at her and held my cheeks. They're wet.

"Huh? N-No," I laughed and wiped my face.

"Tch. Alright, if you're really scared, you can go to your room," she muttered and resumed watching.

I sighed. Then, my phone beeped.

It's Sue.

---Elise's POV

"Let's not tell her, okay?" I urged Sue who is now waiting for Rose Anne to pick up.

"She needs to know," Sue retorted.

Aish. I should have not told her about what I saw.

"Hello, Rosie--" Sue started but I managed to snatch the phone from her. "Elise!" She mouthed.

I stood up and moved away from Sue. "Hello, Rose! How are you? We miss you! We're here at my house---You want to come?"

["I'd love to but I'm here with Jasmine and Mom and Auntie aren't home."]

"Oh, well, it's okay. Just see you tomorrow at school. Bye!"

I ended the call. Sue glared at me. Sighing, I sat back on the sofa and handed her the phone. "I think we should not carelessly tell Rose about it. You know how she feels about Alison."

"That's exactly why she has to know!" Sue searched for Rose's contact again.

"Fine! But at least don't tell it over the phone. Let's wait until tomorrow? Okay?" I said.

"She can come over today--"

"She's with Alison's sister, she can't come." I speared a chicken nugget with my fork. "I really wanted to ask Alison about it. Tsk. If only I could talk to Inocencio..."

Sue looked at me with a slight frown, "Why? He's always coming after you right?"

"I don't know. He suddenly stopped talking to me," I sighed. "Well, it's good that did. I always feel irritated whenever he's near." I ate another piece of nugget.

Sue is now looking at me with an eyebrow raised.

"What?" I asked her.

"Why do I hear bitterness in your voice, Elise?"

"What? B-Bitterness? Hah! I'm not bitter about it okay?" I stood. "Wait, the pizza must be here."

"We didn't order one."

"Right. Ah, I'm going to buy some soda. Just sit here and wait for me." I went out quickly before she could say anything else.

Once I was outside the house, I slowed down.

Okay. I'm going to admit it. I feel sliiiiiiightly annoyed at Inocencio's sudden change of behavior. It all started when I fought with him after that stupid party. But isn't he the one who did wrong here? He's been playing around with girls and now he's acting as if I'm the one at fault. Tsh.

I messed my hair and went inside the convenience store. I took two cans of diet coke and two large cups of instant ramen. But when I was about to pay, I realized I forgot my wallet.

"It's 200 pesos, ma'am," the cashier said.

"Can I come back? I forgot my wallet at home."

"I'll pay for it."

I looked behind me and saw Jim Inocencio.

I smirked. Why did I even thought he's avoiding me? I shouldn't have forgotten his annoying persistence---

"I'll pay you at home," I said while getting the things I bought.

"No need," he said and slightly smiled.

"Why are you here? Were you following me---"

"Babe!"

Jim turned to the girl who approached us. She is wearing a sick-looking, pink floral dress and her hair is curly and brown. I remember seeing her in the neighborhood but I don't know her personally.

She laid two strawberry ice cream cups on the counter, then held Jim's left arm. "I want this."

Jim smiled and turned to the cashier. "We're taking this."

I gripped the plastic bag I'm holding tightly as the girl's eyes darted towards me and she smiled.

"Hi!"

I smiled a bit. "Hello."

"She's Ashley, my girlfriend." Jim said, "Ash, she's Elise."

I nodded, "Pleased to meet you. Ahm, I'm going. Jim, I'll pay you tomorrow. Bye!"

Without waiting for their answer, I went out. I ran to my house, and when I arrived at the gate, I stopped.

He has a girlfriend?

Well good for him.

I looked at the items I bought.

He shouldn't have paid for these.

He got a girlfriend. I wonder how he managed to lure that girl---

I tapped on my chest as something painful swelled up inside me.

Then my hands fell loosely on my sides.

But why am I feeling hurt?

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

8.5K 733 22
Its a story of a girl Aliyah, who is the victim of poliomyelitis. she struggles through her life. Daughter of well known model father and journalist...
487K 957 27
A few wedgie challenges for you guys! If you want you can tell me ideas and I'll add them Tell me how it went while you were doing these! it woul...
300K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
49.7K 2.8K 31
Short drabbles and/one shots about Park Chaeyoung and Jeon Jungkook as themselves coming from real life theories/moments.