Step to You

By aiyanella

When Rose decided to stand in that student-packed hallway, she only thought that she was about to change the... More

NOTESÉ
PRE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
CAST pt. ONE
NINE
TEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
ELEVEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
NOTESÉ
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
NEW YEAR SPECIAL
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
Cast pt. 2
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY -- FINALE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
EPILOGUE
PREVIEW

FIFTY-TWO

863 79 39
By aiyanella

JK's POV

[Don't worry Mom. The operation went well, so just wait for Aunt Rhea at ease. I'll take care of Jasmine]

I sent the message to mom after calling her. She was crying and insisting to go back, but it would just be a hassle. Besides, I can stay here until she comes back.

"You're Jasmine Alison's guardian?" a nurse approached me.

I nodded, "Yes."

"We moved her to room 411."

"Thanks." I headed to Jasmine's room. She was asleep when I got there. I pulled the sofa near her bed and sat down.

"How is auntie?" Rose Anne went out of the CR. She sat beside me, and tucked in Jasmine's blanket.

"She wanted to come back but I told her not to." I looked at her bandaged ankle. "How is it?"

She looked at her foot too, and smiled a bit. "The doctor said I just need not to use my foot forcefully. How about you? Did you have dinner?"

Look at her, worrying about my dinner when she doesn't even have a jacket on.

"I'm fine---" I removed my jacket but when I turned to her...

She's dozing off while sitting.

Look how tired you are.

I placed the jacket on her back, "You can go home and get rest. I'll stay here."

She spoke without opening her eyes, "You should go home. You had work, I'll stay with Jasmine---" and before she could finish her sentence, she slumped back on the sofa.

I carefully laid her back and took an extra blanket for her.

You must have been really scared, too, I thought as I look at her.

Thinking I should wake her up later, I stared at her. Her eyes and nose are slightly red because of crying, and I can see that she's tired. I raised my hand to remove a strand of hair from her face when she suddenly muttered something.

"--Jasmine... it's okay... i won't leave you..."

But she's still sleeping.

"You worry even while you sleep," I whispered and smiled at her. I moved closely towards her, and before I could stop myself, I leaned over and kissed her gently. I smelled her tears, but the softness of her lips made me almost dizzy---I know I wanted more---

I heard a gasp and when I looked, Jasmine is staring at me with her bulging eyes.

Shoot. Now I should expect my wedding engagement to come.

I smiled uncertainly at Jasmine and sat straight, motioning for her to keep quiet. She just gave me a pout and covered her face with blanket.

"Who took the cookies?!" Rose Anne blurted again. She's still asleep.

"No one. So just sleep." I pulled the blanket over to cover her face. "Tsh. How can you be so cute when you sleep..." Shaking my head, I stood up.

I'm crazy.

----Elise's POV

"Elise! Elise please let me explain---"

I stopped and Jim bumped onto my back. When I faced him, he's massaging his nose.

"I'mnorry--" he said while pinching his nose. "I wann't neanny nerious win nat---"

"Don't!" I said, giving him a dark look. "Don't explain and don't follow me! Okay!"

I walked again.

I could still feel him walking behind me.

Geez!

I'm so annoyed right now.

I can't believe I went to that party to---to--- I went to---check on what he's doing!

"Aish!" I messed my hair in frustration. "This is insane!"

"Sorry!" Jim said loudly. "I was---"

"Why am I so annoyed?" I whispered in frustration, Jim is standing a meter away from me, "I don't even like this guy but why am I...annoyed that he's been dirty dancing with that beech--" Then it struck me: Son of a pickle---Do I--- Do I---No! No, no, no Elise you are not interested in anyone. You're---

"Elise. Please don't be mad--"

"I told you not to follow me." I glared at him. But he just wrinkled his face and pouted even more. "Hey! Are you acting cute?! Hah! Stop it! I'm telling you, or I'll kill you!" This is insane, Inocencio looks freaking cute--argh I must go home before I could forget all my principles in life!

And before Jim can respond, I broke into a run.

I don't care if I look like an idiot now, but I just have to be as far from that chameleon as possible.

I am not yet far when a familiar car stopped by. My brother!

I opened the car door, and Lei's smiling face greeted me.

"Why is my favorite sister running at this time outside?" he said with a smile. I closed the door and laughed nervously as I see Jim almost catching up.

"Go! Let's go Lei! Quick!" I tapped his right arm.

"Woah, wait up okay? I'm speeding up, so don't hit my arm," he said chuckling.

I saw in the side mirror that Jim is still looking at my direction. Then he turned back.

Whew. I rested my back and sighed with relief.

"What happened?" Lei asked.

"Nothing important."

"Who's that guy?"

I turned to my brother in shock. "You saw him?"

"Yep. I saw him last New Year, you talked to him right?"

I could not think of an alibi.

Lei glanced at me with a teasing smile. "Is he your boyfriend?"

"Heck NO!" I implored. "What gave you that ridiculous idea?"

He chuckled, "Well, it's the first time I saw you interact with a boy... I always see you with girls."

"Tsh. That's not a reason to think he's my boyfriend," I muttered.

Thankfully Lei didn't rebutt, so I get spend the trip home thinking about what had happened in the party.

Van hitting JK straight in the face. Tsk. I really can't understand guys' minds. I took my phone and dialled Rose's number. I wonder wha happened to her that made Van angry.

A few rings and the line connected, "Hello? Rose Anne? What happened to you? I went to the party and guess who came? Van! He was fuming and went to punch Alison in the face!" The car stopped and we're home. Lei went out. "Well he kind of deserved it. That jerk. Tsh I really wanted to punch him for hurting you---"

Someone cleared his throat on the other line.

Wait. Who am I talking to? I looked at my screen and saw it's Rose's number.

"Hello?"

"Rose Anne's asleep."

O_o

A guy?!

"Who's this?" I asked, though I think I know who.

"It's JK."

Shoot.

I laughed nervously. "Erm... Where's Rose?"

"She's asleep."

He sounds angry. Or does he not?

"Asleep? Uh... Are you at home?"

"No."

O____O

"Where are you?!" I said loudly before I could think. "I-I mean... Where are you?"

"At the hospital."

"Whaaaat?!"

"Nothing happened to your friend. Do you want me to tell her something?"

"Ah, nothing. I just called to... well... I'll hang up."

"Wait."

"What is it?"

"Can you not tell Rose Anne about what happened between me and Van. I want to clear things up myself."

"Oh... Sure. I won't. But since many saw what happened, Rose Anne might hear it from someone in school."

"I'll talk to her about it tomorrow."

"O-kay." I sighed. "I'll hang up. Bye."

I ended the call. For sure Rose Anne would worry if she hears about it. It might be better if I let JK talk to her about it.

----Rose's POV

"Mom!"

I hugged my mom tightly when she entered the house. I had been waiting for her since this morning, while JK is at the hospital waiting for Auntie.

"Honey!" She held me at arm's length, "Your cheeks grew plumper!"

I groaned and she laughed, "I missed you, baby! My goodness, I was so worried about what happened. It might be so frightening for you."

"Yes, but the doctor told me I did pretty well. I'm so relieved nothing bad happened to Jasmine." I hugged her again. "Mom, I really missed you."

"Well, let us catch up later okay? I'll unpack these things first."

She went to the driver and asked him to bring the luggages upstairs.

"Unpack? Why? We'll return to our house right?"

Mom stopped and faced me while laughing, "Oh, yes. I forgot. Hihi!"

I frowned. That laugh is familiar.

"Mom...?"

My mother went to the kitchen and took out a pitcher of cold water from the fridge.

"Mom. Why do I have this feeling that you are planning something?"

"Me? Planning what? Oh, darling. I just missed you so much!" She pinched both my cheeks. "Well, Rhea and I are planning to have a vacation. You know, we want to catch up with one another. So... Maybe we'll return home after a week."

A week?

"Why, you want to continue living here?"

"N-No, Mom. I mean..."

Mom laughed, "I thought you wanted to!" She gave me a meaningful smile. "Uhm, how is it between you and JK?"

I smiled shyly at her, "Just... as before. We're good."

Mom nodded, "I see. Well, if we return home, who knows, he might miss you!"

I smiled weakly.

We spent the next hours preparing food to bring to the hospital. Aunt Annaly called saying Jasmine doesn't want to eat hospital food. It feels good, having to cook with mom. We talked about many things. But I don't know... something is bothering me. It's as if Mom is hiding something from me. I dare not ask, because she seems so happy and excited. I just can't help but wonder and worry at the same time.

What if she's planning something with Aunt Annaly?

I hope it doesn't have anything to do with me and JK.

"You should stay home," Mom told me when I insisted on coming with her to the hospital. She pointed at me left foot. "You know what the doctor said. Don't use your foot too much, or it'll not heal easily."

I nodded, "Okay. But how about you mom? Aren't you tired of the trip?"

"Oh, no, baby! I rested well at the hotel. So, just stay here. Okay?" She kissed me and went out.

I sat on the sofa and stared at my foot. Sighing, I lie down and stared at the ceiling.

Mom is too energetic for someone who had been in a 14-hour airplane trip.

I really feel something is off...

I closed my eyes. I hope I'm wrong.

----JK's POV

I sat with a cup of hot coffee in front of me while waiting for Richardson here in a small coffee shop opposite the hospital.

I would go back the apartment today, because Mom has already arrived and Aunt Rhea will come to bring food. Rose Anne went home early because of her mom. There's nothing else for me to do here and I don't want my mother to fuss over me and Rose Anne again.

I just hope Jasmine won't tell her about what she saw. Or else...

The cafe door opened and Richardson arrived. His face is blank when he sat opposite me. The waitress approached us and handed him coffee.

I sipped my coffee.

"If you think I'm going to apologize, you're wrong. I won't apologize to you, Alison." He stared at me with cold expression which I returned.

"I know. I just want to clarify things with you. Are you still after Rose Anne?"

"What if I am?"

"I'm telling you to stop now."

"Why would I obey you? Are you her boyfriend?"

I smirked. "Just leave her alone."

"And what, let her be hurt all the time? Do you even thought about her when you left home?" His blank face turned angry as he hit the table with his right fist. His untouched cup slightly moved, spilling some coffee on the table. "You know what, you are so selfish. You only consider yourself. Leaving home? Why? Because of Rose Anne?"

"You don't know the story so shut up," I clenched my fist. I let him hit me last night. I may not today.

"Tsh. Stop acting like a coward, Alison. Man up. You think everything will be solved by you leaving home?"

I glared at him. He doesn't know my reasons but he's speaking as if he does.

"If you called me here just to tell me that," I stood. "I'll leave."

"Are you only good at leaving? Hah! Let me tell you this, Alison. Sometimes, when we leave, we cannot go back. Don't wait until it's too late. Your sister might've been in danger, and Rose Anne too. What are you going to do if something happens and you're not there?" He and  stood up too. I faced him. Eye level to eye level. We're both clenching our fists, and I know, we're both fighting the urge to hit each other.

"What do you know?" I muttered angrily.

"I know you're acting like an a**hole, Alison."

We glared at each other.

"Remember when I told you I'd take Rose Anne from you?" He stepped forward, "I would not hesitate doing it if you continue treating her the way she does not deserve." He started to walk, but then he turned to face me again. "If you don't love Rose Anne, at least care about her." After this, he left. I sat down again and resisted the urge to go after him and punch him on the face.

What he said made me angry. But I know... It's true.

---

I arrived at my apartment at 9am. It suddenly felt big and empty. I went to the fridge and took a can of soda.

Lying down the sofa, I thought of what happened. I was annoyed at Richardson's meddling, but O can't deny the fact that I am affected by what he said.

I am not the type of person to keep things like this in my mind, but I can't help but think.

Has my decision been wrong?

Am I really acting like a coward?

I didn't know how long before I fell asleep, but it was dark outside when I woke up. Tossing the still half-full can of soda in the bin, I went to cook instant ramen.

The water is not yet boiling when my phone beeped and Rose Anne's name registered on the screen, just as my doorbell rang.

I walked to the door and opened it.

"JK..."

Drenched to the shoes and crying, Soyeon stepped inside.

"JK... Can I stay here tonight?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 247 11
Kim Taehyung was a famous song-writer and singer, at the peak of his career he had an accident causing him to lose his sight, due to pressure and gro...
58K 1.1K 31
"You're fucking crazy" "I'm crazy for you sweetheart." The sequel to the book is he's back
8.6K 161 54
Well, this is a collection of Sonic and Amy's secret relationship before Sonic Boom : Friend or Foe. They had a sweet and simple dating life before S...
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...