Light in the Darkness

By kslytherinz

Adelaide Burke is the daughter of the cruel, pureblood Burke Family. She is expected to uphold the ideals and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101

Chapter 93

113 5 0
By kslytherinz

As soon as Philip apparated out of the castle, he found himself in the middle of the woods, again.

He had figured out a few weeks before the Department of Mysteries attack that the Dark Lord was his father. He admitted, the knowledge sent him in somewhat of a spiral. His hatred for his mother latched deeper into his heart. Belvina and Herbert were pathetic excuses of parents, he had to be the one to protect Perseus and Adelaide because they sure as hell weren't going to.

They were self preserving cowards that cared for no one but themselves. He had found out that his mother tried to bewitch Dark Lord into having relations with her with her necklace and that's how Philip came to be. She probably thought it would protect her from the Dark Lord, or even elevate her to being the Dark Lady, who knows. Philip didn't care, he was more disgusted that his mother had tainted his bloodline and made a fool out of herself.

The Dark Lord was too busy with his rise to power to notice she was with child, and under the realization that he would never acknowledge her as his, she clung to the first man she could get her hands on reluctantly and hid the fact that Philip was the Dark Lord's child. Herbert of course knew, the boy was practically a spitting image of Tom Riddle, thankfully no one else seemed to notice.

Philip dove into Tom Riddle's life after his "death", tried to find everything he could about him. He found out about the horcruxes, interested in the idea, Philip had made one himself. He twisted his ring out of habit, quickly stopping before he could admit to himself it was a nervous tick.

You don't get nervous he chastised himself. He continued through the woods until he found the cabin he had been staying at. Of course, the inside was the same size as the Burke Manor and was dripping in all the comforts he was used to. He paused for a moment to watch Adelaide and Draco's progress into the chamber and up until the goblet was destroyed. 

He withdrew from her mind, guilt threatening to creep up his throat that he had imperioed them. Well, more guilty about Adelaide, he couldn't care less about Draco.

Ultimately, Philip was angered by the way the Dark Lord planned his reign. It was obvious the Dark Lord had no intention on actually upholding the values the pureblood community valued, after all, he was only a half blood himself. While Philip could understand the thirst for power, he also believed power deserved a purpose. Grindelwald had a purpose, as stupid as it was, he had a plan for the power he acquired.

Philip was no different. He desired power, but he wanted it for a purpose. He wanted to fiercely protect Adelaide and Perseus. He knew as soon as the Dark Lord lost his need for them, they'd be discarded like waste or they'd be used as servants to him for the rest of their lives.

Perseus could handle it, he had the same violent capabilities of Philip, but was less in control of it. Adelaide however, he knew she was cracking. He knew she never held the same values he did in terms of pureblood society, but he wasn't too upset at her. She was a kind, gentle, innocent spirit, everything he wasn't and he wouldn't dare fault her for it. As a matter of fact, she inspired him to not completely fall into the depths of Dark Magic, he would always feel a slight twinge of guilt thinking about how she would react if she knew of the things he had done.

Philip took out his journal that tracked Tom Riddle's life in as much detail as possible and set it on the counter; he was tracking horcruxes. No one messed with his siblings and that included the Dark Lord. The Dark Lord would be swiftly killed at the hand of Philip, he swore it upon his magic.

Philip disintegrated the pages that involved Helga Hufflepuff's goblet, that was over. Potter and his useless gang were spiraling around in search for the locket of Salazar Slytherin, Ron didn't know how to use occlumency, making it incredibly easy to look through his mind and watch their abysmal progress.

Philip already knew the locket was in the hands of Dolores Umbridge. He didn't think people truly grasped the evil that surrounded that woman. She was one of the only people willingly working for the Dark Lord who could produce a patronus charm, she drew her happiness from the suffering of others, a true sadist. He had gone into the Ministry several times under cover to scope out the ways he could snatch the locket. There was no way without causing a huge fuss and he needed to be careful. No one could know he was still alive.

Being dead had its advantages, no one was watching him and no one was suspecting him. It killed him to watch Adelaide and Perseus grieve over him, but he knew it was for the best. If their reactions were legitimate, no one would question it. After he had passed out from blood loss in the Ministry, Adelaide assumed he was dead and sent his body back to their Manor. Wretcher quickly tended to him and he thankfully pulled through.

He told the Elf to quickly "bury him" and obliviated its memory. That's when he began his hunt for horcruxes to destroy the Dark Lord. It took a lot of strength not to destroy his parents in the process. It took even more strength not to be by Perseus and Adelaide's side, watching them go through their lives in horror and violence. Philip couldn't handle Adelaide being in Azkaban, so he broke his cover for that, but it was a huge risk. He had also come to Perseus several times to ask if he wanted to help him hunt horcruxes, but Perseus said every time that he didn't want to betray the Dark Lord and Philip obliviated him. 

Now that the goblet was destroyed, he knew he needed to make a plan for the Ministry. The Golden Trio were planning on breaking into the Ministry disguised as workers. He supposed it was an alright plan, but they would inevitably be caught, the true goal was to see if they could escape. 

Philip groaned, he couldn't leave it up to these idiots to go at this alone. He couldn't afford for them to screw up. He quickly changed into neater clothes, gelled his hair and shifted the shape of his face and the color of his hair. No one would recognize him. 

He grabbed an empty briefcase and apparated into London towards the worker's entrance into the Ministry. He rolled his eyes as he saw the trio nervously walking down the street, visibly uncomfortable in their new bodies. 

Philip clenched his jaw as he tipped his hat, "Mathilda, Albert, Reginald."

The three paled as they nodded their heads at him, "Strange, I didn't know you three were acquainted."

Mathilda, who he could only assume was their mudblood friend piped up, "W-We aren't. Just bumped into each other on the way in." she glared at the two as if indicating they needed to separate. That was exactly the reaction he was hoping for. It would look incredibly suspicious if they all walked in together.

Philip quickly made his way into the Ministry. He was quickly seized by a guard which he nonverbally imperioed, "Take me to Dolores Umbridge. I now work in the Mudblood Trial Department for security."

The man let go of Philip quickly and led him down towards the court room. He took a seat directly behind the chair where a mudblood sat and calmly waited for the right time to strike. He could clearly see the locket dangling across her atrocious pink sweater. Her eyes were soaked in hatred as the dark magic seeped into her consciousness. 

Indeed, making horcruxes was one of the darkest types of magic a person could perform. Philip felt slightly numb towards positive emotions after making his, but since he had only made one, he hadn't changed drastically. He didn't intend on making any other ones after that, the first was more out of curiosity and the person he killed was a low-life Death Eater who wouldn't be missed. 

Philip glared at Mathilda who he knew to be Harry's mudblood friend. She sat uncomfortably in her seat, terrible acting skills. It was a miracle no one had called her out by now. She stared nervously at Philip, she had a feeling that he was suspicious of her.

After a few minutes a woman named Mary was thrown into the chair and Dolores began asking her idiotic questions, insinuating that she had stolen her wand and magic from someone. The Department of Mysteries put out a fake story of how mudbloods were actually just muggles who stole their magic from a witch or wizard. Philip, while he was disgusted by the notion of a mudblood, knew the information was completely false. It was a way to appease the knew regime in control of the Ministry. How embarrassing was it to believe that muggles had the power and capability of stealing a witch's or wizard's magic? He loathed how quickly people like Dolores clung to the knowledge, allowing them to be played so easily. 

Philip perked up as he saw Albert and Reginald enter the courtroom, well Harry and Ron. He was curious to see how this would unfold. Dolores continued her questioning as "Reginald" awkwardly patted his "wife's" shoulder. Philip groaned as Albert slipped his wand into his hand causing Dolores to pause, "What on earth are you doing Albert?"

"You're lying Dolores, and one mustn't tell lies." 

His face slowly bubbled and shifted as the Polyjuice Potion wore off. Philip rolled his eyes at the dramatics, quickly stupefying Dolores in the chest. Harry hit Yaxley and they flew backwards into their chairs. Harry turned around to stare at the helpful guard, but didn't recognize him. Hermione quickly grabbed the locket off Umbridge's chest and the three along with the mudblood witch on trial went running towards the lift. 

Philip rolled his jaw as the patronus shield broke, allowing the Dementors to swarm the room free. Thankfully, Philip didn't have much happy thoughts, so they all flew towards the three making a quick escape. He'd never admit it to anyone, but a Patronus was the only spell he couldn't perform.

Yaxley, who broke out of Harry's spell, was too caught up by the fact that Harry Potter was getting away, so he ignored Philip who had just assisted in their escape. Philip calmly got up, making his way out the door, he went through the lift and into the atrium. It was complete chaos. Guards were running after the three and Yaxley was storming towards them, the look in his eye thirsting for blood. He began closing the Floo Networks one by one. Philip quickly placed a spell that held one of the Floos open long enough for the three to escape, however Yaxley managed to enter as well. The likelihood of them all going to the same place without being splinched was borderline impossible. 

Philip groaned, annoyed by how incompetent they were, and dove into Ron's mind. Sure enough, he was splinched. They were in the middle of the woods, Ron had no idea where. Hermione was the first to enter, so she knew where they were, but the blasted witch had her occlumency barriers up. 

There was no sign of Yaxley, but they had no means of destroying the horcrux they were in possession of. There was nothing Philip could do about it now, but he intended on keeping a close eye on the three for the next few weeks or until they found a way to destroy the Horcrux. 

He strolled out of the Ministry casually, returning to the cabin in the woods. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 438 11
Annalise Potter has just moved to London and has been thrust into the spotlight. At Ilvermorny she was just Anna, a third year in the Wampus house. A...
730K 18.2K 40
*WARNING! This book contains mature themes such as drinking, drug use, explicit language, mentions of suicide, sexual content, abuse, and more. Pleas...
17.5K 571 36
The Golden Trio has been inseparable their first couple of years at Hogwarts. Everything changed their third year when a squib shows up at Hogwarts...
1.1K 99 34
ᵃ ᶠⁱʳˢᵗ ᵖᵉʳˢᵒⁿ ˢᵗᵒʳʸ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᵐʸ ᵒᶜ ᵃˡᵃˢᵗᵒʳ ʳⁱᵈᵈˡᵉ - 𝐎𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 - "𝚂𝚕𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗!" 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕...