Step to You

By aiyanella

When Rose decided to stand in that student-packed hallway, she only thought that she was about to change the... More

NOTESÉ
PRE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
CAST pt. ONE
NINE
TEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
ELEVEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
NOTESÉ
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
NEW YEAR SPECIAL
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
Cast pt. 2
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY -- FINALE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
EPILOGUE
PREVIEW

FORTY-EIGHT

811 82 14
By aiyanella

Rose's POV

"You can't keep yourself waiting in the shadows, wondering whether it would work out between you two."

Jennie's words echoed in my head as I look at the entrance of The Cradle. JK had told me not to go here but I had to follow what my friends are saying.

"Okay, Rose Anne," I told myself as I walk towards the bar, "let's go inside and have that talk."

The same ambience greeted me inside. Compared before, there are fewer customers. I think because it's still a bit early. I looked around to find JK, but he seems not be here yet.

"Rose Anne?"

I turned and saw Jake the bartender. I smiled at him and went to the front bar. "Can I have the same drink you gave me before?"

"Sure," he said and took a glass. A man in his 30s entered and called Jake. "The manager's calling me. I'll ask Hans to get you the drink," he told me and approached the bartender who is working at the far end before going to the manager.

"Here's your mojito, miss," Hans said and handed me a glass with slightly bluish drink, but with the same lemon and mint.

"Thanks!" I took a sip as I look around, hoping to see JK. A few minutes had passed, and I had already finished the drink.

"Here's another one miss," Hans said and gave me a glass of similar drink. "It seems Jake won't be here anytime, are you okay drinking alone?"

"Yes, I came here for JK, he's a waiter," I said.

"Ah, I see. I thought you're Jake's girlfriend." He laughed then went to mix drinks again.

I sipped my drink in silence, while checking my phone for the time. It's already 6:40pm, I wonder when JK will come. I drained my glass. I don't know if I had too much of this cold drink but it seems like I'm getting a brain freeze. My head is getting light and my mind feels hazy. I took a deep breath, why am I feeling hot? Is the air conditioning off? A while ago it was cold---

My phone buzzed.

I blinked as my eyes seem out of focus. Elise had sent me a message. I scratched my eyes because my vision is blurred.

[WWhheereareeyyoou???JJKKshhannggiiinggoouuttwwithhthhatwitwitch]

I closed my eyes forcefully and opened them again to stare at the message.

Why can I not read properly?!?!

And...

I looked up. My surroundings are turning.

A familiar sensation grappled my body. It's as if I had just ridden a roller coaster, my stomach is giving a rumble and I can feel my insides turning.

I clutched my mouth. I'm going to throw up!

"Rose Anne?" I heard Jake's voice but he seemed so distant. When I turned my head towards his direction, my world spun and I almost fell from the chair. "Hey!" I felt Jake had clutched me. "Are you okay?" He is saying something but I could not comprehend it.

"Wa---ter---" I tried speaking but my throat seems dry and my insides burning. I want to throw up but I can't. I haven't felt like this before. Where is JK? I'm getting scared already... Am I going to die?

"---call him---"

"---told you no rum!---"

"---sorry---"

"---JK Alison's number---"

"---put her down inside---"

I felt strong arms lifted me, and I can hear noises around me. But my eyelids are too heavy and my head is so light. I can hear Jake's voice but I don't know what he is saying----and then everything went blank.

----JK's POV

"Oh, son, I was really, really worried about you!"

Mom hugged me for the nth time, and I moved my face away from her before she could kiss me again. Jasmine is laughing at me, clearly enjoying the way I'm getting snuggled by our mother.

"Mom, I need to go---" I stood up.

"Aren't you staying for dinner?"

I shook my head, "I told you I just dropped by to check on you. Don't worry about me so much. I'm already capable of taking care of myself." I looked at the door. Why is she not home yet?

"But... okay... I'll pack some food for you," Mom went to the kitchen.

"JK, when are you coming back?" Jasmine said and sat beside me. "It's so boring here without you."

"Why don't you hang out with Rose?"

She just pouted, then crossed her arms. "I don't like her."

"How's school?"

"Same as before. Boring as hell," she said grumpily. "How is it at your work?"

"It's not fancy, but I enjoy it."

"Can I go visit you there?"

"No. It's not a place for kids." My phone beeped and I read Soyeon's text.

[Hey where are you JK? Jim is on the way. Come quick 💕]

"Who's that?" Jasmine said and I pocketed my phone. "Who's sending you texts with two hearts?"

"It's nothing. And don't mention it to mom," I told her. I looked at the time. It's almost 6pm. I wonder where that girl is. It's already late. If I don't leave, Mom might insist making me sleep here tonight. I only visited her because Rose Anne seems out of her mind recently....

"Can't you talk to Rosie even for a while? Or can't you come and visit your mom? Rose is really stressed these days. She is not even eating properly."

I didn't expect Sue will talk to me about Rose Anne. But then, when I am here, she's nowhere to be found.

Mom came back and gave me a two full lunch bags. "Son, here's the side dishes and you can reheat these food in the tupperware."

"Alright. I'm leaving."

"Okay. Call me if you need anything hm?"

I nodded. Mom walked me out of the house.

"Mom!" Jasmine called. Mom motioned me to go. I was almost out of the gate when Jasmine continued, "Somebody is calling you saying Rose Anne had fainted."

I stopped.

"What?! Where?!" Mom exclaimed.

I dashed back inside.

"JK!" Mom gasped as I snatch the phone from Jasmine.

"Hello?" I said just as a familiar voice answered.

"Is it JK? Dude the number you have written on the employee's log is incomplete so I called your home number to ask for your number---" it's Jake.

A bartender in The Cradle.

Sht. She's there again?!

"What happened to Rose Anne?" I interrupted. "Where is she?"

"In the breakroom-- She's knocked out---drank two shots of mojito!"

"JK what happened to Rose?" mom asked.

"I'm coming to get her," I said and ended the call. "Mom, please take it back." I handed her the lunch bag then I ran outside.

"JK! Use the car---" Mom shouted but then I already saw a taxi which is about to go out of the subdivision. I called it and got in.

"The Cradle," I said and the driver sped off. "Please drive faster."

My phone rang. It's Jim.

"Bro---"

"Tell Soyeon I'm not coming. Emergency."

"Yeah but you know---"

"I need to hang up. Bye." I ended the call and dialled Jake's number again. "Jake--"

"JK. Are you coming?"

"Yes. You're with her?"

"Uh-huh."

Sht.

"Don't leave her alone," I gripped my phone hard, "but don't touch her."

Jake laughed. "Ofcourse I won't! But you better get here quick!"

"I'll break your bones if you touch her." I whispered. Jake just laughed then ended the call.

Cursing under my breath, I looked out the window.

Why does she have to go there again?! And to think that she didn't tell me beforehand!

Rose Anne Leighton. Do you know what you're doing to me right now?

---Rose's POV

Ugh.

My head.

I opened my eyes and light struck my face. I closed my eyes again and my head throbbed painfully.

What happened?

"---I love you, JK..."

(((;ꏿ_ꏿ;)))

W-What was that?

I opened my eyes again and a bluish ceiling came to view. When did my ceiling became blue?!

Wait.

Sniff. Sniff.

This smell...is not my room's smell???

"---Are you disappointed I won't kiss you?"

(╬ರ 益 ರ)

I almost jumped out of bed at the sudden flash of vision--- JK on top of me.

"NO WAY!"

Just then, I came to digest my surroundings.

The bedsheets are dark blue. The pillows are white. From the bed side table to the cabinets and curtains---

I'M NOT AT HOME!

"Oh my gosh!" I clutched my mouth. Where am I?! What happened?! I felt for my body. There isn't anything strange except from this piercing headache. I racked my brain to remember what happened.

~"There was a misunderstanding, and Hans got to make her a mojito instead of a virgin mojito."

I opened my eyes as a familiar voice spoke. "I'll take her home."

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"JK?" I muttered as our eyes met. I can see him frowning. Is he mad?

"Let's go home." He held me by the waist, then pulled me up, supporting my whole body. I can't seem to feel my legs. "Are you dizzy?"

I nodded and closed my eyes as my world spun again. "I don't want to move--"

"You can't stay here."

"I'm going to die--"

"You won't."

"Don't make me move. I'm going to throw up---"

"Hold it in! My house is just near!"

( ಠ﹏ಠ) Am I remembering things correctly?

So it means...

I suddenly noticed my clothes.

...

...

I was...

I was wearing a white oversized t-shirt over a black large cotton shorts.

These are NOT mine.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!"

Just as I shout, the door opened and JK rushed in---wearing his pants but topless, with a towel around his shoulders and his hair slightly dripping.

I clutched my mouth in horror.

Then it dawned on me like the sky falling over my head--

I SLEPT IN JK'S ROOM!?!?

***Alison's Residence 13hrs ago***

"Mom! Can you just come here and take Rose Anne home---"

Aunt Annaly stifled her shout and maintained her pained voice. "Son, I would love to. But I had been lying on my bed for so long that my head and my bones are aching---ouchie!" She giggled soundlessly.

Jasmine grimaced at her mom. If only JK could see her right now, he might get annoyed again.

"Son, why don't you just take care of her---"

"I have work!" Her son sounds frustrated and she can imagine his face right now, but she won't give in. Not now.

"Just... son, I can't really go there." She had to think of a way...

And then, a very bright idea came into Aunt Annaly's mind. "Okay, fine. But if you insist, I would just ask someone to get her. I really can't drive right now--"

"Who are you going to call?"

Ahihi! That agitated voice! My idea seems working~

"I'll ask her friends for that boy's number. You know, the one who's really into Rosie. What's his name again---Van!"

Silence at the end of the line.

"I'll hang up. Just text me the address so I can tell it to him."

"Fine. If you don't want to go, I'll let her stay here." He hung up.

Aunt Annaly stared at the phone for a while, and then when she realized what her son had just said--

"AAAAAAHHHHHHH---My goshie!" Aunt Annaly almost jumped as she grabbed hold of her youngest child who tried to run upstairs for life but failed.

"Mom! Get a grip---argh! Why are you kissing me?!"

"I'm just happy sweetie! Ahihihi!"

"Tsh!" Jasmine rolled her eyes as she shook her head. Her mom really.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 54.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
302K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
2.2K 114 15
#rosekook au : where singer Jeon Jungkook falling in love with his personal interpreter, Roseanne.