Step to You

By aiyanella

When Rose decided to stand in that student-packed hallway, she only thought that she was about to change the... More

NOTESÉ
PRE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
CAST pt. ONE
NINE
TEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
ELEVEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
NOTESÉ
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
NEW YEAR SPECIAL
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
Cast pt. 2
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY -- FINALE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
EPILOGUE
PREVIEW

FORTY-FIVE

827 82 17
By aiyanella

Elise's POV

"You knew he's leaving home, didn't you?" crossing my arms, I looked at Jim with a raised brow. He fidgeted in his seat and started drinking his milktea. I took the glass from him and he looked resentfully at me. As if his trying to do puppy eyes would affect me. Tsh.

"Elise, I'm loyal to JK, you know," he said grinning. He reached for the milktea but I raised it far from him. "Ah. You want me to come closer eh?"

"In your dreams." I put the milktea down. We're here in the milktea shop just outside the school. If only I don't love Rose Anne, I won't bother asking this guy for a drink during this pleasant afternoon. "Just tell me where the hell your friend lives."

"I told you this guy is a loyal friend---"

"I only date guys who are loyal to me," I said and stood. I can't believe I'm wasting my time.

Jim grabbed my left arm and pulled me down. "I can give you clues---"

I pulled off my arm from his grip and stood again, "What is this, a game show? If you don't want to tell me, then don't. I will not force you." I gave him a glare and left.

"Elise!" He shouted, but I hastened my steps, "I love you but JK's my only friend!"

( ಠ益ಠ) Did he just shouted that with these many people around us?!?!

I broke into a run just to disappear as quickly as possible from the view of those students who are now smirking at me and whispering. Grrrr! That guy really!

The moment I was far, I texted Sue.

[Negative. Chameleon won't speak]

Fuming, I went to the bus stop. I hope Rose Anne is okay. She told me she would come home early because her Auntie is not feeling well. Tsk. That Alison. Why is he always giving my best friend a hard time?! If I see him, I'll knock him in the head.

---Van's POV

Jennie smiled and waved at me upon seeing me walk out the school gate. We have a meeting with a clothing brand director who wanted us to model for their summer collection.

"Sorry for the wait," I told her as I spot her car just parked a few meters away from us. "You're driving?" I asked with a laugh.

Jennie rolled her eyes, "Fine. I'll drive." Then she led the way, grinning. "I always drive for you, what's new?"

I jogged to catch up with her pace, "You really love me, Jen!"

She looked at me, then smiled. "Idiot."

I just laughed at her reaction, but I was surprised at the way she had looked at me... She seems... sad? Or am I imagining things?

"Jen, are you alright?"

"Of course, why would I not be?" She opened the car door to the driver's seat. "Oh, isn't that Rose Anne?"

I looked at where she had pointed and saw Rose Anne. She is walking with her head bowed down. I closed the passenger door. Jennie looked at me.

"Go ahead first, Jen. I will talk to her first," I said and crossed the street.

I didn't know if she responded, but when I looked back, the car already sped off.

"Rose Anne!" I called. She stopped and looked at me. I gave her a smile and ran towards her.

"Van," she greeted. Up close, I could see that she seems tired and stressed. The usual brightness in her eyes are gone.

"Are you okay?"

She nodded.

I held her shoulders and stared at her eyes. "Are you sure? You can talk to me if you want."

"No, it's... I'm really fine." She tried to smile but then failed. Rose Anne bowed her head and wiped her eyes.

I felt like something was gripped inside my chest. I know she's not okay.

"Hey, what's wrong? Are you sick?" I crouched down a bit, trying to look directly into her eyes while her head was bowed. "Rose Anne..."

She bit her lip and shook her head, "I'm sorry. It's... I was just getting worried about home."

"Home? You mean... your house?"

She shook her head, "No. The one I'm staying at right now."

"Why?" What could Alison be doing?

"Well... JK left home and Auntie was really depressed about it. She keeps herself shut inside her room. I know I have to talk to JK but he doesn't even approach me in school," she explained and I clenched my fists as I hear pain in her voice. "I don't even know where he's staying."

I straightened up and tapped her shoulder, "Don't get yourself all too worn out, Rose Anne. It would be alright."

Shw smiled sadly, "Thank you, Van."

"Do you want me to accompany you home?"

She shook her head, "No, no. I'm okay. I'll take the bus. I know you're busy."

"Alright. But call me if ever you need something okay?"

"Okay. Thank you, Van."

I hesitated for a while, then I placed my right hand on the top of her head and messed her hair a bit. "Take care."

I watched her walk, and when she turned to the corner to the bus stop, I left.

I can not understand why the hell JK Alison is hurting Rose Anne like this.

After I saw them kiss, I decided to lay low a bit and step back.

I dared not continue asking her to be my girlfriend.

But if that Alison will continue being a jerk like this, I will make sure to take Rose Anne away from him. And I will mean it this time.

---Sue's POV

[Negative. Chameleon won't speak.]

I laughed upon reading Elise's message. She's really adept at calling Jim Inocencio a 'chameleon'. Well, I couldn't blame her. I can't count how many hair colors that guy had. I wonder how his scalp is doing.

I pocketed my phone and entered Books and Us. This is a café where you can drink coffee and read books. The thing is, it's commonly mistaken a couples' cafe. It's because many couples come here since the place is really quiet and cozy. Also the tall bookshelves can be a good shield so people can't see them kissing.

Ugh. I really don't understand why people wanted to make the library a dating place.

"Hello, welcome in---Oh, Sue! Hi!" Katryn, one of the waitresses here greeted me. I'm a regular here---but don't get the wrong idea. I'm after the books and not the boys.

"Hi, Katy. How's the sales?"

She pouted, "Not great. Well, you came alone today?" She gave me a teasing smile.

"Katy, I always come here alone," I clarified. I went to the counter and ordered the usual espresso.

"Well, you didn't, last---"

I cleared my throat. "That guy? He just happened to be here and sat with me."

I remembered my friends seeing me here with Ram Montemayor. Fortunately they didn't see his face because his back is on them, or else...

They would surely tease me.

"Welcome!" Katryn's voice drowned my thoughts just as another responded.

"Hello. One espresso please."

I stopped halfway to my chair and looked at the counter. He turned to my direction and saw me.

I smiled.

But he just looked and faced the counter again.

Wait, what happened?

I'm sure our eyes met.

Why did he ignore me?

I took a book and sat down. Well, I'm not close with Ram Montemayor. That one time we sat down together is just a coincidence.

"Sue?"

I looked up and there he is. He just ignored me, why is he being friendly now?

"You were the one I saw a while ago, sorry if I didn't respond. I do not have my glasses or contacts on, so I didn't recognize you."

Oh, so that's the reason. "It's okay."

He smiled and a dimple appear on his left cheek. Before I could speak, he sat on the chair opposite me.

"Why are you taking the seat? What if I'm with someone?" I blurted before I can even stop myself. I imagined Elise giving me two thumbs up.

Ram smiled yet again, and this time, his smile lasted longer. "I asked the lady in the counter. She told me you're alone."

I almost roll my eyes. Katryn came and gave our orders. She winked at me which I returned with a frown.

"Enjoy your coffee and each other's company!" then Katryn left.

I sighed. "I thought you are not fond of this place?"

Ram sipped his coffee, then spoke, "I was. But then I changed my mind. This place can be amusing sometimes."

A couple who has just entered sat at the next table on our left. It was not long after they settled in that they began kissing.

Grimacing, I averted my innocent eyes from the scene. "Tsh. Why don't they get a room if they want to do that?" I muttered.

Ram laughed, "People who are in love, Sue, does not care about what others will say. They only have each other's world between them."

"Yeah, but there are things to be done privately... Well, I'm a bit traditional, sorry," I said. "I hope I won't catch my friends doing that or I'll disown them."

Ram looked around, "It seems like we're the only non-couple patronizing this place."

I nodded. "Yeah... Anyway, our friends seem to be into each other."

"What?" he asked.

"Well, Rose Anne likes JK, and Jim's flirting with Elise," I sighed again.

"That leaves us," he rested his back, and grinned, "available."

I snorted, "I'm sorry, but I'm not available."

He raised a brow, "You have a boyfriend?"

"None, but that doesn't mean I am not taken," I gave myself an internal slap. What am I saying? Ugh. I hate conversations like this. "Can we... talk about anything else?"

Thankfully, Ram nodded, "Sure. I agree." He continued drinking his coffee in silence.

Now, we are not talking. And the couple next to us are now whispering at each other. Can't they speak a bit louder so they won't have to be that close? What if their face swapped, what would their parents say?

"Hello, JK?"

I looked at RM who is on the phone.

"...I talked to Soyeon after class... Yes, she told she'd meet you there... Okay, text me up just in case. Bye." He looked at me after hanging up.

"Do you know where JK lives right now?"

"Why are you asking?"

"Rose Anne is really worried about her Auntie Annaly, JK's mom. Apparently, they don't know where he went or what he is doing."

"I'm not in the position to tell you," he said.

"But you are his friend! You should worry about him---"

"JK is getting by pretty well," Ram drained his cup. "If you want to know where he lives, ask him." He stood, "I'll pay for the coffee."

"Just tell---" I blew out my breath. He just left like that. What a guy.

Wait a minute...

"I talked to Soyeon after class... Yes, she told she'd meet you there..."

JK and Soyeon Lee will meet?!

Oh no!

I should inform Rose Anne!

I drank the remaining coffee and hurried out of the café. I saw him entering his car.

I ran to him and opened the door to the passenger seat.

I smiled at him as I get in, "Just send me to the street where JK lives. I'll find the exact address myself."

"What?" he said frowning.

I tucked my seatbelt in. "Let's go!"

Shaking his head, Ram drove off.

I typed a message to Rose Anne. [Don't worry. I'll help you find where Alison lives]

Well, that's what friends are for.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 3.7K 8
Jeon Jungkook hates the privilege student ➝ Park Chaeyoung
179K 10K 33
It's hard to court someone especially when you're a girl. And it's even harder when that someone still can't recover from his past and you of all peo...
1M 54.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
594K 13.9K 29
Wilbur Soot's sister Rylie, the unofficial 4th member of the Dream Team, starts to fall for a specific Texan whiteboy😏 •BEST RANKINGS• #1 in wilburs...