Just Breathe || Ron Weasley

By nicole_hemsworth_

Being the sister of Harry Potter aka the boy who lived wasn't an easy thing. It came with the cost of countle... More

Just Breathe
a e s t h e t i c s
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f i v e
t h i r t y - s i x
t h i r t y - s e v e n
t h i r t y - e i g h t
t h i r t y - n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y - o n e
f o r t y - t w o
f o r t y - t h r e e
f o r t y - f o u r
f o r t y - f i v e
f o r t y - s i x
f o r t y - s e v e n
f o r t y - e i g h t
f o r t y - n i n e
f i f t y
f i f t y - o n e
f i f t y - t w o
f i f t y - t h r e e
f i f t y - f o u r
f i f t y - f i v e
f i f t y - s i x
f i f t y - s e v e n
f i f t y - e i g h t
f i f t y - n i n e
s i x t y
s i x t y - o n e
s i x t y - t w o
s i x t y - t h r e e
s i x t y - f o u r
s i x t y - f i v e
s i x t y - s i x
s i x t y - s e v e n
e p i l o g u e
The End
2023 UPDATE

e l e v e n

10.9K 340 129
By nicole_hemsworth_

Chapter: Eleven

Yule Ball

The day had finally arrived, Yule Ball.

Hogwarts was buzzing with excitement. The students were all wearing their best outfits. The halls were decorated beautifully. Hailey looked at herself one last time in the mirror. Her strawberry blonde hair was down, she wore a red gown that stopped just above her ankle.

"Hailey you look stunning," Hermione said. She looked gorgeous. Her usually bushy hair was in a nice bun. She was wearing a blue dress (a/n: says blue in the book) and her make-up was light. Overall she looks fabulous.

"Thank you. You look so pretty." She said taking her hand and squeezing it. Both of them were nervous yet very excited.

"I'm scared. What if I fall in front of everyone and embarrass myself?"

"Oh you'll be alright," Hailey assured her. She knew it was a big day for Hermione. She never liked being in the spotlight. And today, she was gonna be in front of everyone.

They peeked downstairs to see Harry and Ron standing there with the Patil twins. Hailey felt her mood change seeing Ron with Padma. He asked her as her last resort. Why? Was she that ugly? They're friends... Why was she thinking this?

__________

"Where are those two?" Harry asked who was looking good in his tuxedo.

"Maybe they are not going to come. I don't think they have dates." Ron said. He saw his elder brothers walk over to them. And he doubted what he had just said.

"Hello Harry, Ron." The twins said. "You're both looking rather handsome. Especially you Ron." Angelina, who was George's date rolled her eyes.

"Don't listen to him." She said to Ron with a smile. Her eyes travelled up to the stairs. "Hailey! Mione!" All seven of them looked up and saw the girls. Hailey felt self-conscious seeing so many eyes on her. And nervously tugged her sleeves.

"Hi guys." She muttered with a smile. "How do I look?"

"Ugly," Harry said in a beat making her jaw drop. "What just stating facts." She made a look of pure disgust before holding Fred's hand.

"You and your unnecessary opinions."

"You look beautiful." Ron blurted out turning red. In his eyes, she was the prettiest girl in the room. He quickly looked down at his feet to avoid anyone's stare.

"I know right," Fred said kissing the back of her hand. "Guess I'm the lucky bloke." With that, he started to walk towards the great hall. Ron did not miss how he winked at him.

What was he up to?

"So five galleons?" Hailey asked with a laugh walking beside him.

"Five galleons." He said as she rolled her eyes.

"But, I'm worth just 5 galleons?" She joked.

"Hailey Potter, if we sell you in a market. We'd be the richest bloke." He said with a laugh. Though she was mad at Ron, she didn't want to ruin this night. So she stood beside him. "You look good," Hailey whispered to him.

"Thanks, that makes me feel loads better." He said sarcastically.

"No, I'm being serious. I can't think of anyone who can rock these dress robes as you did. Just imagine if Harry wore this. Or better, imagine Cedric." She said letting out a laugh, thinking how Harry would look in those robes. Ron looked at her and couldn't help but smiled.

The doors opened and came in the four champions along with their partners. The dance started with their dance. Soon they were joined by Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall. Then one by one the students joined.

Fred easily picked up Hailey and spun her around. "You're good at this. Where did you learn dancing?"

"Well, what can I say. I'm full of surprises." He said with a smug look. "Oh look at your brother." She turned her head to see Harry who looked confused and was doing the steps wrong. Parvati Patil was instructing him what to do.

Poor Harry. No, more like poor Parvati.

"Ronniekins is looking at us," Fred whispered. Hailey followed his eyes and saw Ron who was staring at them with a sour look.

"The way his mood swings all the time... What's up with him this time?" She asked.

"No idea."

_________

Every student was on their feet dancing. The Weird Sisters were playing. Hermione and Krum were just beside Hailey and Fred. They were all having the time of their lives, dancing around. On the other hand, Harry and Ron were sitting grumpily watching everyone dance. Both of their dates had ditched them with some Beauxbaton boys.

Ron looked at Hailey who was dancing with his older brother. If looks could kill, Fred Weasley would be buried six feet under the soil. He wished he had asked her out first. After all, Harry was okay with it.

He watched as Fred, Hailey and Hermione came and sat down beside him and Harry.

"Viktor went to bring a drink for us. Do you care to join us?" Hermione asked as Harry shook his head.

"No, we don't care to join you guys." He said as Fred stared at him with an amused look. He could see the jealousy. He could feel it. And it gave him immense joy to see the look on his face.

His and George's main plan was to knock some sense into him. That's why he asked her out. Their actual bet was whether or not Ron and Hailey would end up by tonight.

"What's wrong with you?" Hailey asked seeing the look on his face.

"Nothing." He muttered before getting up and leaving the hall. He needs some fresh air. He leaned again a pillar and let out a deep breath. He shoved his hand in his pocket as it was pretty cold outside.

Why are girls so complicated? And why is Harry so complicated? First, he acts like he doesn't want anyone to go near Hailey. Then he encourages Ron to ask her. He sometimes wishes they were not related. Things could have been ten times better. Everything would be easier. He wasn't sure if she'd say yes or not... But at least he'd get closure.

"You know, your method of solving problems sucks." He heard a voice say as his head whipped to the side. He saw Hailey leaning against the pillar with her arms crossed over her chest. "Running away isn't a good solution. And you do that all the time."

"Yeah? Then tell me the solution?" He asked turning his body towards hers so that he could face her properly.

"Talking things out." She said with a smile. "People may agree or disagree with you. You never know. So talk about it." That made sense. If he asked Harry's permission, maybe he would've said yes. They could hear the music from the great hall. The music now was slow indicating the ball was coming to an end. "Want to dance?"

"You want to dance, with me?" Ron asked, his eyes were so wide that they could fall out of his eyes socket anytime.

"No, I want to dance with Moaning Myrtle. Yes, I want to dance with you dumbass." She said shaking her head. He let out a laugh before extending his arms to wrap them around her waist. Hailey wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled. They both swayed to the music slowly. Both of their hearts beat in sync.

"You're cold. I want to offer you my robe, but it's ugly." He said as she let out a laugh.

"I can't pull it off as you do. So it's better if you keep it." She said smiling at him before resting her head on his chest as he tightened his hold.

Fred had won the bet.

__________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 112 17
Harry James Potter and his twin sister Olivia Jane Potter, discovered an amazing secret about themselves last year. They were actually a witch and a...
147K 4.4K 50
You've all heard of Harry Potter, the boy who lived... but did you know he had a twin brother? Join Samuel Sirius and Harry James Potter on their adv...
11.5K 365 37
*** A girl with a scarred brain who wanted nothing more than her brothers to be safe. A boy with scarred skin who wanted nothing more than the girl t...
104K 2.5K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...