Step to You

By aiyanella

When Rose decided to stand in that student-packed hallway, she only thought that she was about to change the... More

NOTESÉ
PRE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
CAST pt. ONE
NINE
TEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
ELEVEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
NOTESÉ
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
NEW YEAR SPECIAL
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
Cast pt. 2
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY -- FINALE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
EPILOGUE
PREVIEW

THIRTY-SEVEN

970 88 14
By aiyanella

Rose's POV

"What? He's a complete mxthrfxxngxsshxle!"

I grimaced at Elise who stuffed her mouth with fried chicken after cursing.

"Sah-rry, I was carried away," she muttered after swallowing. We are eating at a chicken restaurant. Sue is not here, because she has an urgent matter to take care of.

I rested my chin on my hands and sighed.

"Tell your clubmate not to believe that guy," she added.

I told Elise about what JK has said. But I didn't tell her it's me and JK. I just made up a story that one of my clubmates asked me an advice.

"You think?" I asked sadly. Ever since JK has told me to 'hold on', I still can't get it out of my mind. That's why I asked Elise to eat out, so I can low-key ask for an advice.

"Yes. Because it will be unfair to that girl. Okay, let's say the guy develops feelings for her, then it will be a good thing. BUT," Elise banged her left hand on the table loudly, "if not? Then she'd just suffer. So tell your club mate not to mind that idiot. He's just playing around. If he likes her, then why beat around the bush?"

"But what if he's not sure of how he feels?"

"So you're saying it is fine to just compromise her feelings? No, Rose Anne. That's being dumb."

I flinched.

"Anyway, do I know this person---"

"Wait, is that Jim?" I pointed out to the opposite street (the wall is glass).

"Where?!" Elise said crouching down. "Did he see me?"

"He left," I said, then started eating. I really did not see Jim. I just made it up because I wanted to change the topic.

"Goodness... I don't know what to do with that dummy," Elise shook her head like someone problematic.

"Why? Is there something going on with you two?"

"Ugh. Don't even ask," she muttered.

"Wait, I have been noticing something---"

"Just drop it. I don't want to talk about that prick."

I laughed. "But he's nice. And he's just taller by a few centimeters---"

"Can you stop please?"

I continued to tease her.

"By the way, did you talk to Richardson after the dinner party?" Elise asked afterwards.

I stopped laughing, "No. Why?"

"Nothing." She gave a brief smile, then looked at me again, "Ah, I talked to Jen yesterday. She mentioned that Van is not coming to the set. He's not even answering her calls."

I frowned. "I haven't talked to him since the team dinner." I remembered he left when I came back after that 'incident' with JK.

"Do you think he's sick?" Elise said and I shrugged. "Do you know his address?"

My phone rang. Jennie is calling.

"Hello Jen? What's up?"

'Rose, can you come over? I think something is wrong with Van!'

***

I arrived in front of Van's apartment minutes after Jennie called me and texted me the address. She looked really worried when she saw me.

"What happened?" I asked, taking her to sit on a bench just in the corner.

"He took my call, but he didn't speak or make any sounds," she gripped my hand, "can you check it if he's sick or what?"

"But---"

"I know he would listen to you," she said and handed me a paper bag. "I have cooked japchae here, it's his favorite. Can you go in there, please?"

I nodded, "Sure. Van is important to me." We both stood.

"Well, I'm going. Just text or call me after."

"But I thought we'd both go?"

Jennie shook her head and smiled sadly, "I have something to do. I'll talk to our manager. You can do it. Okay?"

"Okay. I'll just give you a call," I waved at her. Afterwards, I went to Van's door and pressed the buzzer. He's not answering. I took my phone and began to dial his number when the door opened. "Van!"

He's not looking as brightly as he usually is. His hair is a mess, and I think he lost weight.

"Are you... Are you sick?" I asked and stepped in.

"No, I was just..." He is staring at me. "Rose Anne..."

"Have you eaten? I--Jennie gave you this," I showed him the content of the bag.

He just nodded then went inside. I followed him to the kitchen. His apartment is really suitable for a guy living alone. I could see two rooms, then a living room, and the kitchen and dining room set in one. Van took two bowls and began transferring the food.

"Where's Jen?" he asked after a while. The food is spilling from the way he transfers them to the bowl.

"She told me she's meeting your manager," I took the bowl and spoon from him and continued putting the food in. "Are you sure you're not sick, Van?"

"No. I am not," he turned his back. "You can leave after that."

"But---" I approached him. "You can tell me what happened. What's wrong?"

"You can't do anything about it, Rose Anne. Just..." he faced me, "just go."

I bit my lip. It's not like Van. Seeing him like this makes me really worried.

"I'll leave after seeing you finish a bowl of food," I said and sat on one of the chairs. I could see Van is avoiding my eyes, "Are you perhaps... mad at me, Van?"

He sat down opposite me. "No. I'm just... It's just that..." He stared at me, then ate a spoonful of the food. "I'm sorry, Rose Anne. I'm just really... hurt."

"Why?"

He smiled which did not reach his eyes. I know Van. He is one of the happiest persons I know.

"Van, please tell me. If I can help you, then---"

"It's you, Rose Anne. It's you who's making me hurt like this. And I'm... I'm sorry. I know you don't have any fault at this, but I'm just..."

I held his hand. "What is it? Why--"

"I saw you." He bowed his head down, "I saw him kissing you."

I was too surprised to say anything. I just looked at Van with my mouth open. The moment he looked up at me, I turned to look away.

"I'll just sort this out, then I'm going to be back," he held my hand. "Don't think it's your fault, Rose Anne. I chose this. I chose to love you. So, in any case, I am the one at fault. But then again, I don't consider I was ever wrong at loving you."

I bit my lip. Van...

Like what I told Van, I just waited for him to finish his food then I went home. I told him to call Jennie because she'd been very worried and he did.

But what Van told me about his feelings really can't get out of my mind. I know how hard it is to love someone who doesn't love you back. It's painful enough as it is. And if I see JK loving another girl, I don't know how much painful that could be.

I sighed as I stand on the bus stop. I looked at the direction of Van's apartment. I'm really sorry Van.

Sighing, I stood as a bus arrives. But when I was about to get in, someone grabbed my hand and pulled me----

-----Jim's POV

"Hello, Mom? Yes it's me. I changed my number... Tell them I'm not going home for the holidays... Bye!" I hung up before Mom can even protest. I ran and crossed the street. I am craving some spicy ramen so I went out to buy some.

"Wait, is that Leighton?" I stopped as I saw Rose Anne Leighton run from a chicken restaurant. She seems to be in a hurry because she didn't even see me when I waved. I saw her rode a taxi.

I shook my head and walked again, then stopped. "If Leighton is here... then..." I headed to the chicken restaurant. And heck I wasn't wrong! There on the far table seated Elise, and a plateful of fried chicken in front of her.

I tiptoed as I approached her. Then when I was right behind her, I shouted. "BOOOOHOOOO!"

Her face--- (-___-)

I laughed and sat beside her. "Hey-yo, Elise. I wasn't expecting to see you here, but... I expected that you're gonna call last night."

She clicked her tongue and banged her right hand on the table, "I told you I wasn't interested in you, Jim Inocencio."

"Eyyy, why so cold, Elise? I told you I'm serious--"

"Well, me too. I'm serious. Stop pestering me. I don't date guys."

I blinked at her. "You don't?"

"Yes. So please go."

I shook my head, "I won't. I'll stay." I raised my hand and called a waiter. "A plate of spicy chicken please? And--"

Elise stood, "I'm going."

"Wait! Fine, I will stop. Just... Just eat with me," I smiled. She rolled her eyes then sat back again. "Thank you."

"Eat quick okay? I'm going to follow Rose."

"Why? Where is she?"

"She went to see Van. She texted me she's going to his apartment. So eat quick---"

"Really? Then you must not follow her. Let her be." I laughed.

"Why?"

"Richardson likes her right? Then I think it's better if she go to him." The chicken arrived and I started eating. Elise seemed to have forgotten she's leaving. She took a leg and eat too.

"Why did you say that?"

"Look, JK is my friend. I know him. He is not interested with Rose Anne."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I even try pushing him to her, but he just gets mad. And besides," I leaned over to her, "he has asked me about kissing a girl."

Elise coughed. I handed her a glass of water. She drank, then leaned over too. "He really?"

"Yup. I guess he kissed someone."

Elise frowned. "What?"

"He won't ask if he didn't. I know JK. Kissing would not come into his brain unless he has done it." I laughed.

Elise nodded, "Then I guess Rose should really accept Van."

"Why?" I asked.

Elise stared at me for a while then sighed, "Van is going to ask her to be his girlfriend. Jennie mentioned it to me. I guess, he called her in for a reason."

I put down the chicken leg I'm holding and took my phone. I should tell this to JK.

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"Gotta tell this to JK. You know, he might be threatened and think he's about to lose the only girl who stands his grumpiness." I laughed and typed my message. JK didn't see it yet. I wonder how he would react. I shook my head and took the leg I was eating. "You know what, I personally think JK is lucky. If I ever see a girl as patient as Rose Anne, I will keep her... But it's okay if you're not patient with me, Elise. I'll always be patient with you because you're worth to keep...  What?" I added. Elise is staring at me. "Why? Did I say anything wrong?"

"Nothing. Just eat," she looked away.

I smiled, "Did I make your heart flutter?"

"Oh shut up, Inocencio."

I laughed and obeyed. "Aye, master!"

"Master?"

"What, do you prefer 'babe'?"

She aimed a punch at me but I moved away to avoid it.

"Fine! I won't call you babe," I said grinning, "yet."

Elise's nostrils flared as she aimed a kick at me under the table which I didn't get to avoid. Massaging my left leg, I laughed at her. Why is this girl so cute when she's angry?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Yours By .

Fanfiction

6.8K 659 21
She's a social media influencer while he...is not her type, but fate brought them together from the awkward moment to a memorable ending (well, hopef...
9.6K 712 9
HER life was quite simple, but that is until she gathered her courage and decided to complete her internship in a state prison for men. HIS life seem...
2.2M 113K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
594K 13.9K 29
Wilbur Soot's sister Rylie, the unofficial 4th member of the Dream Team, starts to fall for a specific Texan whiteboy😏 •BEST RANKINGS• #1 in wilburs...