Chapter Nine

#FewWords
Obstacles are indicators that force you to redirect your effort in new directions. Imagine what you want to achieve, generate strong emotions, lead with passion and good intentions and you"ll never regret a thing. Often times closed doors lead us to the best experience of our life.

RECAP
She walked in with her bag held roughly and her face wasn't looking good either.

"Mum..."I was about to greet her when she cut me off saying
"Well done Salma, well done" she dropped her bag on the couch and clapped her hands.

Chapter Nine
Third Person's POV
Salma closed her eyes and was mentally praying that her mum hasn't heard what happened in school today. Her eyes were still closed when her shouted

"Salma, what kind of a girl are you?" She repeated the sentence twice while dropping her bag hardly on the floor.

"I heard everything that happened, you got into a fight with one of Maryam's friends" she said

Salma was shocked, she wondered when that happened, she felt the gaze of her sister, Maryam, when their eyes met, she got everything, Maryam lied to their mother, again.

Salma just dropped her head and kept on listening to what her mother was saying. She wasn't even given a chance to defend herself.

Her mum was still talking when their dad walked in, in an unusual facial expression.

"Maryam, where were you today? Where did you go today? What did you do at home? He asked in a calm manner, but his voice wasn't as it's always is, he was trying to control himself.

Mr Ahmad is a calm man but he never takes it easy when he's being disrespected.

Maryam was standing, confused, she looked so scared.

"I thought you said you were sick" he inquired

"Well...A.a.abbaaa...I" Maryam stammered.

"Yes, she was and is sick, what did you see?" Her mother asked

"Really? Rukayyah, Really?" He asked

"I saw few unusual girls coming out of this house and you are..." His wife, Mrs Rukayyah cut him off saying
"Yes, they paid her a visit"

Everyone was quiet for few seconds, then Mr Ahmad warned his wife to stay away from how he chooses to upbring his daughters.

"Stay away from it, got that, stay away from how I want to raise my daughters"he said while walking to his room.

Few inches to his room and he said "mothers like you are the ones that make their daughters regret certain actions in the future" he opened the door and locked it.

Salma walked to her room quietly, feeling sad, it's always one problem or another. Maryam and her mother too left the parlor. The house was just so quiet, it was worse than how it was before.

The words Mr Ahmad uttered kept on ringing in Mrs Rukayyah's ears while she was in her room. She received a call from her friend, she picked up the call "Salam, my good friend, u called at the right time".

After few minutes into the call and she has already forgotten what happened, the call ended "I know what my daughter wants, he'd be acting as if he's in the 80's, how did I even end up getting married to such a man, if..." she continued murmuring to herself while viewing status updates on WhatsApp

Maryam was in her room chatting with a couple of friends, it was as if nothing happened.

Few hours later and no one was at the dining room for dinner. Normally Mr Ahmad always waits for the food to be served but today he wasn't in the mood.