Chapter Fourteen

#FewWords
The only people that can't handle the truth are those that suffer so much anxiety that they will live in denial, in order to prevent their illusion from being destroyed and feel more anxious. Sometimes it's better to just let things be, let people go, don't fight for closure.

Recap

"No wonder, I didn't even see the alerts, my phone wasn't with me through out today" he mumbled

"I'm changing that pin, Hammad is wicked" He added

"Nasir is a nice guy, easy going but there's something I noticed" Alex said

Jackson nodded his head, urging him to go on.

"Well, he's just somehow, I can't say yet though" Alex turned away

"Bro, you are something else, well, goodnight" he went to his room.

Chapter Fourteen
Third Person's POV
Days galloped into weeks and a lotta things have happened, things were not easy for the senior students,  exams were getting nearer each day, no time to waste, the teachers and students tightened their belts making their schedule really tight.

It wasn't easy for the football team, the coach used any chance he gets to train them, things were worse for them.

Nasir, Hammad and Jackson's bond grew stronger, they continued their studies in each other's houses, strangely, Salma became very close to them too.

They always had two hour sessions after school since Salma couldn't go to their houses. A nice Cafe near the school is where they all meet after school.

The workers at the Cafe got so used to them.

Zayn travelled back while Zainab was still in the city, although she doesn't really spend much time at home. Salma's mum, Rukayyah got used to the household chores being done by Umm Saira, Umm Saira got so used to Salma, it was if she knew her for years. Zainab talked to Mr Ahmad to allow Salma help Umm Saira with the dishes anytime she had nothing to do.

Zainab made Maryam clean her room by herself every weekend.

In school, things were good too, every student who had dreams for their future was so busy with exam preparations, Jax and Brenda didn't really have much time to cause troubles due to the football trainings, they always find ways to keep Nasir out of the team but each attempt failed miserably, the last time, they locked him in the players lounge, which caused him to miss the trainings, coach complained but he surprisingly let it slide, Brenda even stamped him through a rough chase, Nasir was injured but it wasn't so bad.

Hauwa, Amelia and Darby didn't really leave Salma alone, they continued taunting her but they learnt a valuable lesson when Salma stood up for herself, she didn't allow them get away that day, she talked back at them, she wasn't fully confident but better than before. They still continued taunting her indirectly, making it seem like accidents.

The boys really helped her with the confidence thing.

It's a Thursday, Salma and the boys were all walking to the football field, the coach called the football players for a short meeting, just a week before their last game as the school players.

"Salma..." Jackson called

"Hmm?" She looked up, her back pack strapped to her back.

"Can you please help me hold this bag, I'll collect it when we are back" Jackson stretched out his hand holding the bag