Chapter three

As-salamu alaikum, how are you doing?
Hope you guys are doing just fine.

Recap

Her mother gave her a blank look and said...
My day can never be gud till u die sweetie, Maryam was giggling.

It's normal, it wasn't something new to her, this is always her reply anytime Salma greets her.

For the fact that she was used to it, Salma still felt pain in her chest, she felt a lump in her throat, this was almost normal, the phases where she comes back from school.
Trekking home, waiting beneath the tree, greeting her mom when she's back from picking up the queen 🙄🙄
with her mum's same answer, her chest tightening, a lump in her throat, tears threatening to fall and many more.

Salma couldn't let the tears fall, she wouldn't, she is strong.

She went inside, straight to her room, which, thanks to her Dad, was awesome, if left to her mom, she would have been using a corner of the house as her room.

Her room was coloured gray, a medium sized bed in the middle of the bed, a small dress mirror that was just there for the sake of being there cause there was only two cups of a body lotion and a hair cream,no perfume, no hair shampoo, no girlie stuff, even if she wanted to use it, a table and a chair by the corner of the room, near the chair and table is a collection of all her books right from primary school till now, been a science student on scholarship, she has different books that the NGO sponsoring her always send to her. In the middle of the room is a center table that has a copy of the Holy Qur'an on it, and a Musallah (prayer mat), a shoe rack beside the medium sized cupboard.

Entering her room, she felt an amazing oud scents, her Dad always does this before going to work, he uses Dukh- Khan (I don't know the name with English 😄, but if u are Shuwa Arab from Sudan, Chad, Nigeria etc or an Arab from UAE you'd know what I'm talking about. Few Hausas in West Africa know it too there's a pic above,if you wanna see how it looks)
She dropped her backpack, straight to the bathroom, she loosened her hair that was very dark, shiny, and very long too, after taking her bath, she performed ablution and prayed Asr and Maghrib since she spent all the time waiting for her mother outside, she prayed, after praying, Salma made Dua for her parents, her sister and the entire Muslim ummah.

****
Nasiru was sleeping in his room when he heard a knock on the door, he went to answer it, but, it was their chef, he came to ask him what he will intend to eat as dinner cause his parent had travelled to his hometown for a family meeting. The chef Mallam Dauda(Mallam is a word in Hausa language that's used to address the male with respect) is a very nice man, who is very quiet, his service is needed only when Nasir's parent had travelled, so he could help Nasir cook, but on a normal basis, he just stays in the workers quarters, and sometimes, he cleans the kitchen to help, Hajiya(used to address a lady, with respect, in Hausa language, most times, ladies who have done pilgrimage to Makkah, in Saudi Arabia) Fatima, Nasir's mother.
Mr Nasir, what would you like to eat for dinner? Mallam Dauda asked

Nasir said "oooohhh Mallam Dauda, why do u always call me Mr, Just call me with my name, I'll answer you, I've told you this, times without number"

Mallam Dauda just smiled and was waiting for his reply.
'Just do something light, I don't want to eat much" was Nasir's reply.

After his dinner, Nasir prayed Isha and went to sleep straight.

****
It was almost 8pm when she left her room to take a look at what her mother and sister were doing downstairs, she met them sleeping in the middle of newly bought gowns, normally she always prepares breakfast, lunch and dinner before going to school.
This is how she was instructed to do it by her mother, after preparing breakfast, she'll prepare lunch and dinner, put it inside the freezer, before she goes anywhere. She is like a machine that doesn't have rest, she sweeps and mops all the rooms before going to school, every inch of work was done by her, from the smallest to the biggest thing in the house.