Chapter Fifty Two

#FewWords
Stop dwelling & brooding over things that haven’t worked out. Accept what happened, acknowledge how you feel about it, then put it behind you and move on.

Recap
Salma met a letter, new phone and one white rose on her table, she just sat down across the table and without guessing or anything felt it was Nasir, deep down. She picked the white rose and suddenly felt the urge to squeeze it and have it nectar dripping between her fingers if that's possible... but she didn't. Instead she picked the new phone and switched it on... it had the wallpaper of her favourite colour...blue with a scribbled text in white " A NEW BEGINNING". She felt her eyes sting and heart squeeze, but gently. She swiped up and checked each app, there was nothing on the phone...it was a good example of the words on the wallpaper. She just went straight to the Google Search and typed "meaning of a white rose..."  Results from different websites popped immediately but she didn't scroll or minimize the page... just stared at the first words in bold.

Chapter Fifty Two
Third Person's POV
"Innocence and new beginnings" were the words she read and she didn't need to say scroll further because she had her answer already. Nasir walked in and met her staring at her phone but didn't say anything till she dropped the phone.

"Wow, who's behind this?" He asked, flatly

"Aren't you the one?" She rolled her eyes which he saw without her turning or him walking to face her. The mirror did a good job for him.

"I'm not, honestly..."

She shrugged and picked the letter to know the content and the sender because she wasn't convinced it wasn't Nasir. She gently pulled the letter and met a very thick paper that had the name of a new medical school, she couldn't grab what was going on so she quickly pulled it out and met her name on the letter, successfully transferred to a new medical college in a totally different country. Tears started dripping on the paper, Nasir shook his head and and turned the chair on which she sat to face him and back the mirror, after that he bent down by the right handle of the chair and looked at her.

"You've become a cry baby Salma" he said but she didn't say anything, she shut her eyes in an attempt to get the tears to stop flowing but her actions had no impact. Nasir took the letter and kept it one of the drawers before he walked and assumed his previous position.

"Nasir, I've been a burden... I..." She stammered

"What do you mean by that? You are not a burden, trust me" he quickly said

"I don't know how I'll ever live with this, I don't know how I'll cope Nasir" she complained, letting her facade down for the first time in a long time.

"You'll cope, I promise! I'll always be by your side..."

"... I'm by your side now, look at me!" He tried to get the atmosphere lighter and his first attempt was a success because she chuckled and raised her head to look at him. She looked at his face and thought how it'll be to have him to all herself, have him walk with her in every step of her life...if she's that lucky. She wants him but insecurities are higher than how much she wants, apparently.

"Nasir... I'm scared..." She lowered her voice, clasped her hands and tapped the floor with her right foot.

"I haven't given you a reason to..." He used a tone gentler than hers, that moment her eyes shut, not to force tears from gushing out but to get a grab at how her heart danced and how she felt butterflies in her stomach. She unclasped her hands and had them hold tight onto her dress like her life depended on that. Nasir didn't see all of that because he stared at her feet and found them the cutest thing at the moment.

"Nasir..."she opened her eyes and looked at him

"...Do butterflies have humans in their stomachs when...whenn...hmm" she rubbed her cheek nervously.

The Untold Realities.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें