Chapter Fifty One

#FewWords
Take care of your mental health.

Recap
It might be true that he loves me but I can't accept his love, I'm not worth it. He needs someone better and besides that, I'm scared that he might just be doing this to get me happy and might leave me broken after he has helped me pick the pieces.

"I don't love you, Nasir" I pick the cold cup coffee and gulped it content in a go before I stood up and took the door's direction.

Chapter Fifty One
Third Person's POV
Salma's case was the next for the hearing in the court. Everyone stood up when the judge walked in, followed by two guards holding staffs. Barrister Samir flashed a smile at Salma when he slightly turned to the back. The hearing began immediately with Barrister debating cluelessly.

"Salma Ahmad...your father died recently, right?" He asked Salma whom he asked to go to the witness box earlier.

"Yes...my dad died..." She looked down and stuttered, she couldn't quite grab what point he might try to make bringing up her father's death.

Nasir looked at her and smiled but she just turned her face to look at Barrister Samir.

"What happened? How did your dad die?" He asked her again.

"Well...my dad...hmmm" she tried to make a point without revealing the entire story but he jumped and said

"Reports from the city hospital revealed that your dad as a result of heart attack and an interview with your dad's wife who's your mother..." He stopped for a while and moved closer to the witness box before he continued

"...no...I want this court to know that the woman whom Salma spent a whopping 17 years turned out to be her step mother not her biological mother. This woman, Miss Ruqayyah told me during an interview that Salma caused the terrible death of her husband, Mr Ahmad who's Salma's biological father" he clasped his hands. Salma just dropped her head and blocked her ears as much as she could to get the ear piercing murmurs from the audience.

"That simply means that Salma must have a teen with terrible behaviors. Accusing strangers of raping her is something small for a girl that killed her fa..."

"Objection my Lord! Defense is mentally traumatizing!" Barrister George stood up and banged his hands on the table in front of him.

"Barrister Samir is trying to draft a history of Salma's personal matters... there's no way... absolutely no way how these two events can be related" he gritted his teeth and pointed to the rape case and her father's death

"Barrister Samir...do you want to tell this court that abusing a 17 year old is legal?" He asked

"Barrister George, do not mislead this...'

"Barrister Samir, do you have an evidence that she killed Mr Ahmad..." He dropped his hands on the table and asked. Barrister Samir just kept and barrister George repeated the question but didn't get an answer.

He raised his hands from the table and gesticulated.

"Sir, I think I'm making a point here" Barrister George said

"Mister Samir...do you have any evidence?" The judge asked

"Sir... this..."

"Proceed with your next witness please...if you have any" The judge waved him off.

"I don't have any witness... for now"

The judge permitted Mr George to ask Sadiq and his gang questions. He started by asking them questions about what they did a day to the day Salma she was raped. Barrister George did quite a good job because the judge nodded his head as he went on.