Chapter Four.

#FewWords
Always remember the people who helped you, no matter how talented you are and irrespective of the heights you have climbed. It wouldn’t be possible without the help from others. Always remember their contribution, stay humble and true to yourself. It will make you feel good.

Recap
Her subconscious mind made everything worse by saying
Oooohhh dummy salmy, why didn't you look back, such a dumb girl.

When Nasiru made direct eye contact with Salma, he was praising himself, she can't walk away now.

Ooooooppppssss...! Salma muttered to herself.
Hey...she said again stammering not knowing what to say next.

Nasiru was confused, why was she not been a talkative.

"Sooo.... How is your father? it has been a while since I met him, I'm just so busy nowadays, I don't go to the big masjid downtown" Baba Liman said

Salma answered him saying her father was doing fine

The rest of the ride was quiet, Nasiru was looking at something on his tab, while Salma just bent her head.

The car got to a halt,  Salma left the car immediately.
Each student was looking at the car with wows and woahs.

Salma's Pov
I don't really blame them, the car is nice looking but I can't gawk at a car like this, what the fudge? Seriously.
I must surely roll my eyes, you know that's the next thing. You got that right.

I walked straight to the assembly ground, at least, I'm in a nice outfit, thank Goodness I didn't wear a gown today. I'm in a jean trousers, a loose dark blue shirt and a dark blue hand made scarf. I'm impressed with myself wallah.

I'm kinda a lonely nerd, according to the students of this school  idiots, that's their business, I'm not lonely as far my dad is there for me.

Well, everything is going well, Mr  Ammar, the School Disciplinarian gave his almost usual speech, the student had little Prayers that weren't directly in one direction of a particular religion, it's a mixed school.

Everyone matched to their lockers to pick their books or drop somethings in there, I also walked straight to mine, as God would have it, my locker has always been beside Hauwa's, she's like my doom, she's always looking for a way to embarrass me, since day one.

I just opened my locker, took a Physics Text book, I was heading to where the class would take place, when Hauwa and her assistant, Stella, pushed me with their shoulders at the same time, from both sides, I just looked at them and a wide smile appeared on my face, I do that a lot, there's a saying, "there's no better weapon than your smile, it kills your haters" and trust me I'll tell you about it. Hauwa was very angry, she's a fair girl, it showed on her face, she was red, she's a very beautiful girl, fair, average height, figure 8, that's what they say unlike me, I'm tall and flat, but I like the way I am, nothing of a big deal.

I walked past them, I got better things to do. I entered the class and saw Mr Saif, a middle aged man, his head is stuffed in a Physics, he's very strict and straightforward. He's very intelligent and has passion for teaching Physics.

"Good morning Mr Saif" I quickly greeted him lowering my head a bit to show respect.
"Morning Salma" he said in a serious tone, not lifting his head from the book he was reading.

Mr Saif is always 15 minutes early for any class, I came into the class just few minutes for the class to start. Soon, more Physics student started entering the class, and almost everyone taking physics was in, Mr Saif always closes the door 5 minutes after the period starts, if you miss his class, you are on your own, I wonder how he does this for the fact that it's an expensive school with Rich people's kids, mostly business men and politicians, they always prepare a scholarship exam for 5 lucky scholars every year, but not all could stay calm and study with the way things are in the school, a rich kid's parent can even go to the extent of paying for their kids to be promoted but when you are on a scholarship in a school that your dad can't afford quarter of the school fees and you end up doing rubbish with other kids, you'd just be thrown out, not all kids on scholarship stay long in the school.

Mr Saif started the class by introducing the topic and soon we were done with the class, he gave us assignment which will be submitted early tomorrow morning.

I quickly packed my things and left the class, I changed my books and went off to the next class. Soon, it was the last class for the day. On my way after the class, I saw Nasir deeply engrossed in a discussion with the Literature teacher, it seems he's explaining something to him, I was surprised, I thought he was in the science department.

Nasir's POV
Classes weren't bad today, technical drawing class was awesome, I'm presently standing beside the literature teacher, I was showing him a piece I wrote, I wanted him to make few adjustments in it.
Oohh yes, I'm in the Science Department but I love literature, especially Poetry. I'm a good writer, well I believe so.

I just saw Salma passing after he was already wrapping up with the adjustments, I quickly ran up to her.
"Heyyyy Salma" I greeted her, she answered saying "Hi", hi, that's all, oohhh goodness, she won't change, "okay Salma, how's your day and your classes today?" I added, to start a conversation.

"Very good, my classes were very good, and my day? well, it's going well, for now" she said plastering a fake smile on her face.

"That's nice, have a nice day, I'm on my way to the football field with my new friends, will introduce them to you later" I said while moving backwards.
I waved my hand at her, I've noticed that she's holding herself to talk and she also doesn't know how to stand up for herself, I'll teach her that, with time, at least, it's two months to our exams, I've got a lot of time.

I met these nice guys today, one is Hammad, he's good looking, with nice dark hair, he's a talkative while the other is Jackson, he's very friendly

"Hey Nas, over here" Jackson shouted
Yeah, you heard that right, Jackson gave me that name, so I decided to call Jackson, Jack, while I'd call Hammad, Ham. It's so funny how I just met them and we are already good friends, I'm a quiet guy but trust me, you don't want to get to know me, I can be annoying and I talk too much.

"Jack, Ham, let's go" I said

I texted Baba Liman earlier on to tell not to come pick me up. I feel like a baby when I'm dropped and picked up from school by a driver, it's annoying, I just didn't want to say anything cos my parents weren't at home, they should come back, let's see.

"I'm going to play like a mad football player today, it has been a while I played" Ham and Jack looked at me and smiled

"I know you love football but is it to that extent?" Hammad asked

"Yes Ham, yes" I said to him closing my eyes.

"Ok then, let's go guys" Jack said running to the field, it's a nearby football field.

          ━─━────༺༻────━─━

End of Chapter 4, thank you so much for your reads and don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Tell me what you think in the comments section.

You can contact me on Instagram and Telegram with @jimeh_khadijah as my handle respectively.