Chapter Thirty One

#FewWords
Learn to be patient. It has many virtues and you’ll end up tasting the sweetest fruits. Instead, when you’re impatient and rash, it can cost you dearly in terms of wasted time and resources. So learn to slow down. The Almighty will grant you ease when the time is right.

Recap
"Aunt, will you answer me honestly if I ask a question" I looked at her and she nodded her head while her attention wasn't entirely on me

"Is mum really my biological mum?" Immediately I vomited the words, she stiffened and her expression immediately changed.

She just looked at me and didn't say anything for almost a minute or even more.

Chapter Thirty One
Salma's POV
I continued to look at her as she didn't answer.

"Are you okay?" She started

"How dare you ask such a question?...are you serious? I...I..." She lost her voice and in a few seconds her voice started breaking, as if she was about to go into tears, my body stiffened and I looked down, felt embarrassed.

"Got you!" She started laughing and I immediately lifted my head to find her laughing at me. I tightly smiled because she managed to somehow change the entire atmosphere.

"How could you ask such a stupid question?"

"You are smarter than this!" she lightly pinched my cheeks

How did I even end up asking such a question! I was so stupid to have done that.

"She loves you so much, she's probably just having a few..."

"She's always having problems? For all my life? She's had problems with me, all my life aunt!" tears once again welled up in my eyes and she just moved close and hugged me, I was silently crying in her shoulder.

"Maryam is my sister but she always gets treated differently, why does mum do this to me?" Immediately I opened my mouth to say that everything that have been bottled in me for the past few years spilled out in tears, I cried like I've never done before.

Zainab's POV
I couldn't do anything, I just kept quiet and continued staring at Salma who was crying uncontrollably.

"Calm down dear, you are just misunderstanding..."

"Misunderstanding what aunt, tell me, I'm always sad and unhappy in this house, I've had so much fun and freedom just for the few days I wasn't in this house, did you see how she welcomed me? If it was Maryam, a party would have been thrown to welcome her but...me...?" She broke down and I just couldn't relate to what she was feeling, I can't say much about how she felt, infact I can't imagine it because how on earth will a mother do this to her... well, it can't necessarily mean her biological...well... anyways

I shifted closer to her and hugged her, she sniffled and kept quiet after a few minutes.

"Just sleep... we'll..." I stammered because she honestly got me speechless, she has never opened up about this.

She quietly curled up into her plump bed and closed her eyes. I quietly opened the door to her room when I saw her Ahmad, her dad leaning at the door.

"You heard all that?" I asked him even though his look said a lot.

"Ahmad... just calm down, okay... it's..." He didn't even look like he was listening to me, he was zoned out.

"Zainab, this woman has caused us a lotta pain and if..."

"It's okay, just go and sleep" I cut him short when I knew exactly where he was heading.

Ahmad slowly obeyed me even though I was his little sister.