"I'll pay."

"Oh no, I can—"

"Just let me pay."

I nodded numbly in defeat and thanked him softly. We sat across from each other at the corner booth of the cafe where it was quiet and peaceful.

"In what year are you born in?"

I flinched a little when he suddenly spoke up.

"Uh, if you're trying to ask me about my age, I am 24 this year. What about you? You look quite young."

He chuckled and it got me shook when his laugh sounded so sweet and soft. Wow, he looks like a cold hearted brat on the outside but he is quite interesting.

"I'm 26. Hae Na told me that you wanted a job at my company? Or was that just an excuse to see my face?"

"Excuse me?"

"That was a joke. I'm sorry for being late. I have a meeting with a client later so we have 20 minutes left to get to know each other. So, why are you still jobless?"

He said as a waitress served us our drinks. I took the mug and brought it to my lips, blowing the hot drink before taking a sip of it.

"Maybe because luck just wasn't on my side?"

"I see. Do you want to be my secretary?"
I choked and coughed out loud when he raised his brow at me. He rushed over to my side and stroked my back as I calmed myself down.

"Are you for real? Don't you want to interview me or something?"

I widened my eyes at him when he shook his head expressionlessly.

"I trust Hae Na and I know that she wouldn't introduce me to an irresponsible woman. Start work tomorrow and I expect to see you at my office at 9 in the morning."

He said and sipped onto his hot chocolate, leaving me speechlesss.

"Oh my gosh, thank you Jae- Uh, should I call you sir or Mr Jung or something?"

He thought about it for awhile before turning to reply me with a small smile.

"Whatever floats your boat."

I nodded and we started chatting comfortably. It wasn't awkward at all even though this was our first time meeting each other.

Apparently, his secretary got pregnant and she had to quit working at the company, that's why he thought that it was the perfect job for me.

Other than his good looks, he's kinda weird but also interesting at the same time.

The way he speaks is very different from others and he thinks out of the box. Is that why he is so successful at this young age? Because he's different from others?

"I have to go for my meeting now. It was nice meeting you, Y/N. I like punctual people. So what I'm trying to say is, don't be late tomorrow."

"Yes, sir!"

He stood up and put on his coat. I got up as well and waved him goodbye until he got into his car.

I felt my phone vibrating in my bag. Sitting on a bench under a lamp post, I fished out my phone and smiled unknowingly when I received a text from my boyfriend.

Jungkook:
where r u

Me:
in ur heart

Jungkook:
aw ilytoo

Me:
I didn't say ily tho

Jungkook:
where r u