What He Won't Know Won't Hurt - Part 2

lovelyhollandd, everyone, here's part two!

19. "Is someone hurting you?"

Look at me! Combining requests! (iloveyou3000peter, LuckyCloverStudios, is that okay? I could totally write something else using the prompt if it's not.)

Just so everyone is properly warned, this is the second chapter of a short mini-series, so be sure to have read the first one so you won't be lost! There's also a little bit of angst, but it's going to get better soon!

Random note: The Wellerman is my favorite song of 2021 and no song this year is going to beat it. I can't believe a random shanty I've been bugging my family with since last year has gone viral and become even more beautiful

"Hey Y/N?"

"Hm?" You lifted your head from where it was resting on the back of your living room couch at the sound of Ned's voice.

"Wanna study with us?" He asked, gesturing to the various open text books and practice packets spread across your living room floor, each in front of their respective owner.

"Nah," you chuckled, crunching down on a cheese puff from the bowl next to you. "You guys are the geniuses. I just offer the space my friends need to do their genius work."

"We're the Decathlon team. Not geniuses."

"Wait, haven't you mentioned more than once that Midtown is a 'genius school full of genius kids'?" Abe pointed out, making you open your mouth to counter.

"My point remains valid until I hear recorded proof."

"But by default, that statement makes you a genius who attends said genius school, doesn't it?" Peter tilted his head, quickly pushing his glasses up on the bridge of his nose. "So your point is pretty much moot, recorded proof or not. Because I can testify to hearing it from your own mouth with my own ears and I'm sure everyone else in this room can too."

"Damn. Why are you defending my brain so much? I can't make one self-deprecating joke?" You laughed, tossing a small handful of puffs in the boys' directions while Cindy chuckled next to you.

"Not when you've been in a mood of self hate lately," Peter sighed.

"Yeah," Ned agreed, Abe nodding along. "What's that all about? Something wrong?"

"What?" Well, this was not the turn of events you expected to come out of this study session.

You wouldn't really call how you've been actually recently 'self hate', it was, well... Okay, it might have been.

For the last week or so, you've been continuously beating yourself up about keeping Spider-Woman from Peter— your closest friend next to Cindy. The boy you knew you had to come clean to if you ever wanted to attempt to further your relationship with him. He deserved to be told the truth, if in some kind of future you would be lucky enough to date him.

You were asked more than once on more than one occasion why out of all the teenage boys in Midtown—in New York— why you chose Peter Parker.

Sure, he wasn't the tallest. Or the most athletically inclined. Peter wore glasses and had asthma. He spent his time with a nose in a book or using his hands to create something. He soaked up knowledge like a sponge, and you knew that he had a future in biophysics and biochemistry without even having to try.