Out At The Movies

A/N: Is sing-song-ingly a word??
There's another authors note at the end, so please read that one too!
Warning: little LANGuage.

"What's the point in working at a movie theater if you're not able to watch the movies?" You heard your co-worker, Allison, complain to you and you chuckled.

"I don't know about why you're complaining," You shrugged. "We can watch them on our days off. Besides, who wouldn't want to work the concession stand when the pros include the ability to snack almost endlessly?"

"We're not supposed to do that," She glared at you and you just shrugged again. "You're not complaining about standing on your feet for hours on end because you're so hopeful about that boy showing up again!" She accused and you smirked.

"So what if I am?" You admitted. "He's cute, and he comes like twice a month with his aunt if there's something good."

"Y/N, that relies so much on chance, is that really the reason you love this job?"

"Yes." You smiled. "Yes it is."

"What happens when he stops showing up?" Allison asked you as the both of you were finishing up cleaning. It was the end of day as well as your shifts. Allison was a little older than you, already in college, but you were still in high school, and only worked on Fridays and Saturdays.

"If he stops showing up, then I'll find this job just as miserable as you do." You sighed, glancing at Allison and she shook her head, a small smile on her face.

"You know," She started, her eyebrows knitting together from confusion. "If you like him so much, why don't you ask him his name? Or tell him yours? Or give him your number or something?"

"Because," You stood up straighter, but your confident face faltered a little as you thought. "I actually don't know why." You shook your head, letting out a breath. "I just want him to ask me," Allison stared blankly at you. "What? I like some stereotypes."

"You're so confusing, Y/N," She laughed and you grinned.

"You know it," You spun around, opened the door put away the broom and grabbed your coat from the small closet and clocking out before shutting the door and glancing back at Allison at the counters. "Alright, I'm gonna head out, good night," You told her, putting on your coat to shield you from the falling snow and cold outside.

"You really shouldn't walk alone at night!" She called to you after saying goodbye and you were walking away.

"I'll be fine! You know that!" You called back. "See you later!"

Leaving the mall, you started your walk home. Sure, it was dark and cold and you were walking alone, but you only had to make it to the bus stop and the majority of the travel was done for you. Besides, you had multiple ways to defend yourself if anything ever happened. You just liked to not think about that possibility.

Grabbing the apartment keys from your pocket, you entered your apartment and switched on the lights, locking the door behind you. Your parents were still gone, and wouldn't be home until later, so you grabbed a quick snack before shooting them a text saying you got home safe and then headed to bed. You had work tomorrow, and then Sunday off to get any remaining homework done and have time to relax before the school week started.