A Sleep Performace

A/N: this is pretty long, but it made me happy

Warning(s): cuteness

You rolled your eyes after hearing the familiar soft tapping on your bedroom window. The sound had startled you, making you jump a little because you were sitting in silence as you were doing the homework you procrastinated doing for too long, but you knew exactly who it was and with a small smile, you stood up and grinned at Spider-Man's mask through the window after you had pulled back the curtains.

"Password?" You asked playfully, and Peter smiled beneath his mask. Whenever you were extra bored, or extra childish, you would ask this question.

"Did you change it again?" He asked, his voice already muffled from his suit, and muffled even more because there was an inch of glass between the two of you.

"Of course not!" You exclaimed, pretending to be insulted.

"Then it's...um...sherbet lemon?" Peter asked, unsure of himself. The last password was "Spidey's the best" and it was a really easy answer to memorize, but you had gone and changed it on him once you'd reread the Harry Potter books.

Stifling a laugh, you pulled up your window, holding your hand out for your best friend to grab to help him climb through. Even if he didn't need your help.

"It's pretty late Pete," you hummed, heading back to your bed where you were doing your homework, looking at the clock which read 9:00 and smoothing your hair. "How long you plan on staying?"

"I can breathe!" Peter exclaimed over dramatically as he ripped off his mask, taking a deep breath before flopping down next to you. "I dunno. How long do you want me to stay? May's working a late shift tonight."

"Don't ask me that!" You groaned. If it was up to you, you would say forever although you knew that wasn't an option. You weren't supposed to have a boy in your room without anyone knowing so the two of you were already breaking the rules whenever Peter came over after his patrols, which was most nights. And you further broke the rules by sometimes having unplanned sleepovers, Peter crashing in your bed next to you, and the both of you waking up earlier than normal so he could leave before someone woke you up in the morning. Those were the best nights, because by the morning, his arms would always wind up around you no matter what, holding you close to him. To you, that was the best feeling in the world. Not that you could tell him, anyway.

"Does your mom have to work tomorrow?" He asked, putting his mask down on your bedside table and you shook your head no. "Okay, so I'll only stay a little bit." Which was code for maybe an hour or two. Three of the two of you got carried away, which Peter was silently praying would happen.

"So," You smiled, nudging Peter with your shoulder. "I need your genius to help me with my homework."

"And by "help" you mean, me do it for you?" Peter laughed, already grabbing the paper out of your hand, his protest meaning nothing because he couldn't not help you.

"It's not my fault you give me all the answers." You laughed, handing him your pencil, tousling his hair as he muttered a "yeah, yeah," and his gaze shifted to your Pre-Calc work. "You got any cool stories today?" You asked him softly after the both of you had gotten settled.

"Not really," Peter muttered. "It was really slow today. Couple of would be muggings, a stereotypical getting a cat out of a tree, and getting chased by a pack of wild dogs."

"They chased you?" You smirked, taking your stuff back, because you couldn't have him do it all, as much as you were lazy. "Why not just swing away?"