It Was Always There

A/N: bit of a slow burn, this one is. Decently long, too. There's a reference to another chapter, but that's only because I saw the chance and I took it, they aren't technically connected other than the people being the same obviously.
Help. My aunt found out that I have Bucky fic in my drafts and wants to read it (I either introduced the right person to the fandom, or the wrong one)

Warning(s): Idk, does making out fall into the warning section?
A small question at the end. It's really just a thought I would like opinions on.

"Don't you dare," You said in a low voice, narrowing your eyes at Peter as a grin spread across his lips.

The room was silent and tense. Everyone on the edge of their seat. Peter was being dramatic as always, but he decided to kick it up a notch tonight.

"He's gonna do it." Sam mirrored Peter's face, leaning back in his seat and laughing, which earned a glare from you.

"You wouldn't be this happy if it was happening to you, you glorified chicken man," You grumbled before turning to Peter again, who had his card in his hand, holding it like he was playing Yu-Gi-Oh! and preparing to make the move he was drawing out on purpose. "Put the damn card down, Peter." You groaned.

"I would say I'm sorry, but you've been winning every game, so, I don't really mean it," Peter spoke as he dramatically placed the draw four card down for the entire table to see. You were sitting the opposite of Sam, your arms crossed from annoyance instead of leisure and a frown instead of a smile.

The room let out their sounds in unison. Oohing and sharp inhales. Everyone knew it was coming and yet they still react, making you roll your eyes.

"You do this every round!" You exasperate, leaning to the middle of the table to collect your grievance.

"You win every round!" He exclaimed. "Maybe you shouldn't sit next to me every time." Peter said with a shrug of his shoulders, grin still adorning his lips and you scoffed, knowing that wasn't ever going to happen.

"She wouldn't win if I decided to stop spectating." Natasha said cooly, chuckling in her spot on the arm of the couch, peering over the shoulders of the people she could see.

"You always win whatever game we play with you. It's a blessing you decided to sit this one out." Tony quipped, changing the color to red, making Bucky groan from next to him and reach to the pile to draw a card until he got either a red card or an eight.

"Yeah, but now Y/N's winning every game." Steve looked up from where he was sitting properly on the couch next to Natasha, reading a book when Bucky made his comment, and held back a smile. He knew his husband was a sore loser, and the fact that he was losing to someone technically 85 years younger than him was only making him grumpier. He put down a red six.

"That's why I'm making it my goal for one of us, and not Y/N, to win." Peter said cheerfully, this time not making it too much of a show as he put down yet again other draw four card. "Hey, it's Mr. Stark's fault this time, he changed the color." He argued as you glowered at him suspiciously. Peter had a tendency of stacking up the worst cards possible in a game of Uno just to make it hell for the people next to him. He was definitely one of the most competitive people you knew when it came to games.

"Remind me to kill you later," You said under your breath, directed to Peter as you picked up, again, another four cards, making the total in your hands twelve. Your comment elicited a snort from Tony and laughs from everyone, including Natasha and Steve, and surprisingly, a light chuckle from Vision.