Dødsguden

43. "Who do you think you are?"

Requested by idscream

It's Wednesday my dudes, and you know what that means!
Looookiiiiii!!!

I seriously hadn't thought of the correlation until writing this a/n, so what a pleasant coincidence this is.

For context, I took a look at this prompt, and could literally feel how dramatic it was coming off in waves, and it instantly reminded me of Loki. Then, in an insane light bulb of inspiration, I immediately got an idea for how I wanted this to go.

It also didn't help that I just recently finished replaying God of War for like the 3rd time, so the mythology nerd part of me is in full bloom and had full creative reigns for this one (I say that though as if I'm not always a mythos nerd. I am.)

Warning(s): Post Infinity War AU [but in a happy way, because our heroes beat that rotten grape into oblivion and everyone's happy], the term 'God' is definitely used as gender neutral, and also [not really a warning] 3rd person close on Peter's POV w/ a sprinkling of Tony's POV in the beginning

I had so much fun writing this.

Tony Stark has lived through enough in his lifetime to supply a dozen, but as he stood in front of Thor, the Asgardian God of Thunder, and Peter Parker, his teenaged ward that liked to go by the moniker of Spider-Man, he somehow managed to hear one of the most incredulous things that could be spoken to him in the entirety of the universe.

He blinked. Laughed. And then took a sip of the lukewarm coffee from the mug in his hand that lasted approximately four seconds before placing the cup down. The room was silent as all eyes were on Tony as his exaggerated movements produced a show of their own. Thor waited patiently, Stormbreaker resting casually against his shoulder. Peter, completely restless, bounced on his feet as he stared at his mentor with large and excited eyes. The boy's entire being was basically screaming pleas for permission.

Crossing his arms, Tony huffed out a large sigh.

"Are you really gonna make me say it?"

"Whatever do you mean?" Thor asked, the glint of humor in his eyes dissuading his innocent tone of voice.

"He's sixteen!"

"Yes. He would be a formidable man, were he on Asgard."

"Does this look like Agsard?" He asked rhetorically, gesturing vaguely to the surrounding Compound kitchen. "Plus, didn't Asgard get destroyed? Not to be insensitive,"

"No worries, my friend," Thor replied simply, "Asgard might be gone, but its people are not."

Tony shook his head, wondering what exactly compelled him to assume responsibility for a kid that wasn't even his. But when the exact reason lit up with neon lights behind his eyelids, he only sighed further. "I feel like I shouldn't have to be the one to tell you that you can't bring Peter into space again."