Stardust [HolidayVerse]

Disclaimer (also for future reference): absolutely nothing wrong happens in the universes I write in unless I specifically hint at it or just say so, (i.e; no deaths, no traumatizing events) but y'know, everyone still found a way to find each other and be one big happy (semi-debatable) family. Don't question the logic. This is fanfiction. How else am I supposed to explain that Vison and Pietro are alive, and that Peter is still 16/17 but Morgan is also 5 and existing even though The Snap never happened? I don't even know if any of these take place in 2023 or 2017 or what. Just...who the hell knows? Shhh...

And yes. This also serves as a warning to say I'm mentioning a couple of characters in this chapter that I haven't seen in fics often and this is definitely a teaser that they're probably going to make more appearances from now on.

Also²: there are translations at the end of the chapter. You'll understand once you get there. (Unless you just use Google Translate mid-reading. I'd advise against skipping to the end for them, to avoid your eyes catching spoilers, but they are there—okay this AN is ridiculously long. I'll stop now. Enjoy!)

Warning/potential trigger: there's a brief mention of someone wanting to die, but it's also coming from a tired Gen Z kid, so its really not to be taken seriously

"So, you're telling me that you and Peter are dating, but you're also...not dating?"

"Exactly!" You exclaimed, finally relieved that Pietro was getting the memo. You glanced up from where you were doing your homework to where you felt his eyes on you to meet a deadpan face. "It's not a hard concept to grasp."

"Oh no, it is not hard." He shrugged, half-heartedly agreeing and spinning a pen between his fingers too fast for your to actually see it was a pen. "I'll tell you what it is though: prost ca naiba."

You rolled your eyes, wondering if it was for better or for worse you took those Romanian classes a couple years ago. It wasn't like you were going to continue letting him commentate your life when he got bored (which was often) unless you actually knew what he was saying. "Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously! Are you even hearing yourself right now? You two are obviously into each other, so why not just date and make it official?" 

"It's..." you sighed. "It's not that easy," You tell him, letting out a soft huff as you were starting to get frustrated with your homework. "Me and Peter, we've been friends for so long, and we have this special relationship that isn't romantic, and the both of us realize that we don't want to ruin that." 

Pietro just groaned, the answer obviously not being the one he wanted. "It has been over a month! How haven't you figured something out yet?"

"I'm sorry we're taking things slow?"

"That word literally isn't in my vocabulary, do you even know just how much it antagonizes me?" He slumped dramatically in the chair he was sitting in, spinning the pen faster; fast enough that you could hear it cutting through the air like helicopter blades.