It's Only A Word - Part Two

A/N: yeah, there's going to be another part. I should feel bad for making this longer than I wanted it to be, but at the same time, I shouldn't expect anything else from myself. I get carried away waaaay too easily. Good news, should be up tomorrow. On another note, I watched Onward for the first time the other night, and I was so lucky that it lived up to the amount of hype I added to it since I started seeing the ads. It's a great movie!

Warnings: the obliviousness begins in this chapter, we all knew it was coming. Also, this isn't really a warning, but I might've added a certain line in here on purpose just because I saw the opportunity and to see what the comments would do. Shouldn't be too much of a worry unless this story blows up big time.

You weren't expecting to feel this bad after meeting your soulmate. The amount of guilt you felt for probably crushing probably Spider-Man's biggest dream, or rather whoever Spider-Man was behind the mask's dream.

You felt yourself frowning at the thought as well as the golden words on your skin.

You...you're it!

They weren't going anywhere, they were a reminder that you now had your soulmate in your life, you learned from your parents and anyone else who studied soulmates. You sighed as you opened your laptop, typing in "could you feel your soulmates emotions?" Into the search bar and waiting for the results to load. You needed to figure whether you were truly sad, or if Spider-Man was making you suffer through his emotions with him.

"It's very rare, but a few reported cases around the world state that it is possible to feel your soulmates emotions once you met them, if the emotion is strong enough. If you do, then you're really lucky! Now you know exactly how your soulmate feels every hour of the day!" You mimicked in your best reporter voice with a fake grin plastered on your face before dropping your head down onto your desk in your bedroom. "This is just great. The best thing that's ever happened to me," you groaned maybe a little too loudly, because a minute later, you heard a knocking on your bedroom door.

"Y/N?" Another knock. "You all right?" Your mothers voice from the other side and you sat up.

"Yeah," you answered back and when you heard your door creak open, you pulled on your cuff to cover the shiny gold letters. "Yeah, I'm fine." You lied, turning around in your seat to face your mom, giving her a small smile.

"Either you're lying or I'm getting worse at hearing sarcasm and you're truly having the best day of your life." She raised her eyebrows at you and stepped forward, looking over your shoulder at your laptop, which you forgot you had open. It was too late to close it now. "You're researching soulmates?" Her voice got lighter from happiness and her smile widened.

Gulping, you slowly closed your laptop and shrugged. "I just got curious," you tried to answer, but your mother got the wrong idea.

"Are you finally coming around?" She asked with a grin, nudging your shoulder and inviting herself to sit on your bed next to you.

"I- what? No." You shook your head, your guilt feeling heavier in your chest, weighing almost as much as the sadness Spider-Man was involuntarily giving you. "It's just a project for school. We have to write an essay about the rarest things that can happen with soulmates and all that jazz," you quickly lied.

"Oh, I had to do that too." Your mom smiled, although you could see in her eyes she was a little disappointed your answer wasn't yes. You knew she wanted a daughter that was just like her. Normal. "Did you know some soulmates can hear each other's thoughts once they meet? Or feel each other's emotions, or pain if they get hurt."