The Spider Upstairs

A/N: I hope this doesn't seem all over the place, I had the ending planned out because it was my dream basically, and I needed something to lead up to it.
I just started rewatching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D for like the fifth time, and every time, I react like I don't already know what's going to happen.

Warning(s): Y/F/B = your favorite band, and this takes place in the future I guess, because they're living alone, so Y/N and Peter are like twenty-three or four-ish?

"I think that does it." You sighed and smiled proudly, wiping your hands on your shirt as you looked around your newly furnished and unpacked apartment. Your breather didn't last long when you blinked and saw just how trashed the place was from all the unorganized items you have lazily strewn in the places you wanted them neatly stored. "Eh, that can wait," you shrugged, collapsing onto your brand new couch, exhausted.

After working all through high school and college, you finally saved up enough to afford your own place. It was a little small, and you were the only person who lived on the floor, but it didn't matter to you. To you, your apartment was comfortable, and you wouldn't have to worry about any invasion of privacy.

The rent was fairly cheap, for an apartment in Queens anyway. And while at first you thought the price might be too good to be true, you actually fell in love with the place your first tour with the landlord. Mindy was a pretty chill and patient person, and you were sure you could become fast friends with her if you tried.

Finding your phone in the mess, you wiped the sweat from your forehead and ordered a pizza. Take out of some kind was always a tradition your family did the time you moved when you were younger, and when you helped your older siblings move into their places when they left the house. Then you frowned; everyone you knew was too busy to help you move.

That didn't matter though, you were a young adult now, and you loved the freedom of not living with your family or in a dorm with a roommate anymore. You could blast music (to an extent— you had no one on the same floor at the moment, but there were people living above and below you), prance around in your underwear, pretty much anything you've ever wanted to do without having to worry about someone interrupting you or telling you to stop.

The only thing you found that sucked because you were old enough to have your own responsibility, was that you still had to have a a job and bills to pay. But you were sure you had that covered.

Ignoring the silent judgement from the delivery boy as he peered into your empty apartment while you paid for the twenty-four cut pizza, you smiled and shut the door, enjoying your meal before going to sleep.

—————

A loud thud vibrated in your chest and you woke up, your heart pounding from fear until you realized that it wasn't someone breaking in, but in fact from whoever lived upstairs when you heard a soft muffled cursing.

Taking a few calming breaths, you laughed, realizing that whoever lived in the apartment above you must've been clumsy and probably fell in the dark, maybe even out of bed.

Rolling over, you went back to bed.

—————

Your first night in your new apartment went probably as good as it could go, minus you waking up briefly at two in the morning.

Eating leftover pizza for breakfast, you got to work organizing your apartment. You didn't have much, but it still wound up being the neatest a disorganized mess could be. It was your last day off before you started work again, and you wanted to try and finish up as much house work as you could as fast as you could so you could spend the remaining hours relaxing.