Super Friends

A/N: guess what I rewatched that inspired the title of this chapter? Those songs are always forever in my head, I love them.

We reached 2k reads the other day and I just want to say how much I appreciate and thank all of you for reading and staying tuned in to read even more!! Don't worry, I'm working on some requests I haven't gotten around to yet. ❤️

"Hey Spidey! Your six!"

You warned him just moments before his senses picked it up himself. You found yourself rolling your eyes as he tilted his head, rolling his shoulders to prepare himself. As you crossed your arms, standing a good ten feet away from where Spider-Man was standing and twenty and closing from the man was charging at him from behind. You could basically feel the cockiness emanating from the boy when he jumped and flipped backwards over the mugger who had stumbled forward, trying to stop himself from running, but it was too late. Spider-Man had kicked his back before he landed on the ground, crouching low as he shot two webs at his legs and pulled them out from under the man, making him go crashing to the ground.

"Impressed yet?" You let out a quick laugh through your nose before looking up at the Spider-Man's eyes, trying your hardest to bite back a smile as you shook your head but failing. "Come on, that was cool." He argued, webbing the guy's head to the sidewalk as he walked forward, glancing around at the scene and the five other men the two of you together took out quickly. "Admit it."

You tugged on your jacket, straightening it out before speaking. "I honestly don't know why you try so hard to impress me." You said with heavy irony lacing your voice. "It isn't like I'm cooler than you and you feel threatened or whatever." You turned around and shot a grin over your shoulder at Spider-Man, the eyes of his mask thin as he was no doubt unamused by your comment before you started to climb the air, running up invisible steps, and in no time, reaching the roof of a nearby apartment building. You heard Spider-Man shoot a web, and a second later, he was standing right next to you.

"Cooler than me? Possibly. Threatened? Me? No." You snorted at the uncertainty in that last word leaning up against the large air filtration unit on the roof of the building and your eyes following Spider-Man as he mirrored you.

"Did Karen call the cops?" You asked routinely, glancing down at the street, where the unconscious men were still webbed, not going anywhere anytime soon. Maybe some jail time for armed robbery would change their view of the world.

"Of course, yeah." Even though the question was expected, Spider-Man still stumbled over his words. He wished it was something else that came out of your mouth, maybe even something that pertained to him.

Peter used to love that when you and him had met, that you completely understood the want to keep your identities secret because you had felt the same way. But now that the two of you had been fighting together for over a year now, he wished that he could see who you were under the mask you wore, see your face to be sure of how beautiful you seemed. Even though he knew no matter what you looked like, it wouldn't change how he felt about you. For months, Peter's been on the edge of his seat, his fingers crossed and hoping that maybe you felt the same way about him, but never actually working up the nerve to ever say anything.

You, on the other hand, learned to control your want to know the face under the mask Spider-Man wore. It was one of the first things you and Spider-Man had talked about, how not knowing the other's identity was the safest route to take. Multiple times, it now being up in the thirties, you've bit your tongue, stopped yourself from asking anything personal that would give him away.

One thing the both of you could agree on, even though neither of you actually had a conversation about it, was that the thought had run through the both of your minds every day, relentlessly, for the past couple of months. At this point in your relationship, there was no doubt that Spider-Man and Airstream were friends. You knew each other's favorite colors, movies, books, food. You knew the both of you were around the same age. Hell, you even knew each other's birthdays. What each of you were most likely to do in their off time, to relax, to have fun. But what both of you were frustrated with was that you knew all of this about the other, and neither of you knew the other's real name. Both you and Spider-Man had considered the other one of the people closest to you, but there still was that promise of anonymity you made to each other.