Promise Me

25. "You can't really blame me, can you?"

A/N: So this just oozed out of me  (dedicated to Samhitabgirish for the prompt request from way back :) )

You never thought you would ever feed into movie clichés, but here you were, standing behind Peter's apartment building, tossing small rocks at his bedroom window.

You searched in the street lamp lit dark, trying to find more ammunition. With three pebbles in the palm of your hand, you began to throw again. Intent on not carrying on with your plans unless you had the boy with you.

You heard the clink as the rock hit the glass again, and this time, you thought you saw movement from the seventh floor.

Throwing again, a grin spread across your lips as you saw the blind go up.

One last time, knowing you got his attention, you binged the rock off the window. A couple seconds after, the window lifted, and Peter stuck his head out to search the ground.

When he saw you, his emotions quickly flipped from tired to surprise to happy to annoyed and back to tired.

"Y/N? What are you doing?"

"Kidnapping you," you joked, calling up to him. "Put a shirt on and get down here!"

"It's three in the morning!"

"On a Saturday!" You countered. "I'll bring you back before May wakes up, if that's what you're worried about."

"Where are we going tonight?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out. Come on!"

Peter paused and seemed to think about it. You knew he knew you weren't going to give up too easily, and that his best bet would be to just go with you like always. Besides, you knew Peter's curiosity would compel him to climb down anyway, if he thought the two of you were going anywhere else. The chances he was going to shut down your offer to take him away were low.

"I'll climb up if you'd rather me be up there with you."

"No!" Peter's response was almost immediately. "Just-just give me a sec." He disappeared for a moment before coming back to the window. "Do I need...?"

"Nah. Unless you want to bring it." You tell him, shrugging.

You heard a soft okay before he left your sight again. After soft crash, probably much louder up there, and a muffled curse, Peter was back at his bedroom window. He searched the perimeter again for anyone else before he climbed out of the window.

You bounced on your heels as you watched him scale down, hopping to the ground and jogging to meet you. You immediately grabbed his hand, and Peter chuckled lightly as you didn't even give him a second before you were pulling the two of you back towards the gate.

"I'm tagging along now, can you tell me where we're going?" He yawned. "It's not anywhere where I need to change out of my pj's, right?" You glanced back to see Peter look over your casual outfit. You hadn't actually changed from what you wore earlier that day.

"No, you and your Thor pajamas pants will be perfectly fine." You teased, squeezing his hand and pulling him forward so the two of you were walking side by side instead of you dragging him along. "I just want to hang out with you."

"At three in the morning?" Peter groaned, his face falling flat.

"Shut up. You were probably awake tinkering with your suit or playing video games or something anyway." Peter grumbled something under his breath. "Besides, you can't really blame me, can you?" You asked. "We barely see each other anymore now that you suddenly got big and powerful and decided to dress up as a human spider and fight crime in New York."