Sunshine And First Kisses

Three things.

1. 70k! Thanks guys, that's crazy! :)

2. I just realized each one of these imagines are a What If...? episode

3. OH MY GODS FINALLY AFTER SO LONG THE NO WAY HOME TRAILER DROPPED (the leaks had me rolling) NO I HAVEN'T STOPPED SCREAMING YET AND I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL 2 MONTHS AFTER I SEE THE MOVIE AHSKDKAJA

A chat with the lovely ananyapfangirl a few days ago convinced me not subject y'all today, but the NWH angst IS coming. I physically HAD to write it, the idea was killing me from the inside out. Heed this as your only warning. Until then, enjoy 4k words of fluff!

I swear it's actually fluff this time. There's literally like no plot. Just me word vomiting. Be proud of me.

(Also, this one falls a little on the self indulgence scale so...sorry?)

The crisp autumn air was embraced by the mid-day Kansas sun, clearing lungs with every breath and leaving red splotches on noses with every nip. 

Songbirds and crows alike contributed to a peaceful picture from your perch. The countryside seemed to stretch on for eternity. While you knew that was far from the truth - knowing of the large cities that lay outside of the small residing town of Smallville - it calmed you nonetheless. 

Leaves fluttered under your palms, the rich colors of a setting sun. Legs outstretched and eyes closed, you let yourself relax in the surrounding serenity that was your family's farm. Sometimes you wondered what your life would have been like if you had grown up somewhere else, confined to the cramped spaces of apartment buildings and bustling traffic, but it was days like these that reminded you of why you loved your home so much. The seclusion. The freedom. You didn't have to hide who you were here. 

Of course that wouldn't go to say you haven't dreamt of moving somewhere else when you got older. It was more than likely you were destined to go into the family business sooner or later - your future awaiting a 'S' on your chest and a cape on your back. But until then, you only wanted to enjoy the life you lived before then. The trials and tribulations that came with being a teenager in the modern world. If you could help it, you held no plans to be making a rogues gallery of your own just yet. Your biggest problems were with bullies and tests and crushes. 

But if you were to mention the latter, you couldn't go without thought. It was your first big trip outside of the life you knew that you had met the boy that had changed your life for the better, after all. Since then, he’s filled every corner of your mind and elicited a happiness unlike any other. A lazy smile stretched across your lips as a cool wind rustled the leaves of the tree and washed over you, a delightful shiver dancing down your spine. 

You wouldn't put it past twice in the world you lived in that someone had sensed your thoughts, it being just as likely as it wasn't. The sounds of jet engines caught your ear, approaching at rapid speeds in the far distance - the Mach 2 speeds giving it away it wasn't just your usual commercial airline.