It Takes Two - Part 1

A/N: look who has a laptop now and can dedicate chapters? teenwishes03, I promise I didn't forget about this request and I sure hope you didn't, because I wrote so much for this I had to split it into two parts! I know it's been a while since March, but it's finally here. Hopefully this being a two parter makes up for the wait!

Warning(s): mentions of baby making (don't worry, everyone's of age), pregnancy and fertility tests, and some light angst/comfort

You always loved eating over at Peter's Aunt May's. It didn't matter that most of the time the meals either had to be saved by you and your cooking channel expertise or if the three of you wound up eating out or ordering in. She always made it seem like a perfect family meal.

So that's why you were currently ripping the blanket off of your husband with a large grin on your face, flopping down on the bed next to him as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Come on Pete, we're gonna be late," you chastised before pressing a quick apologetic kiss to his lips.

It was nearly five on a nice breezy October Saturday afternoon, and while you were nowhere near tired yet, you knew Peter was. On his way home from work, he got sidetracked and wound up suiting up and taking on five guys in a hidden alley, saving a woman and her daughter in the process. While Spider-Man might have won the battle, the fight had definitely took it's toll on him. Like most big ones did.

Peter had come in through the bedroom window (the first three years the two of you were together, the action had scared you more than anything in the world, but now it's the new normal) and immediately collapsed onto you, playfully complaining about being sore. He had the odd couple of bruises across his chest and a nice shiner circling his left eye, but it was nothing that wouldn't fade in a couple of hours because of the superhuman healing factor he's had since he was fourteen.

So being nice, you decided to let him out of the posing he had promised to do for you and allowed him to lay down to heal up quicker. Just because May knew about his super-persona longer than you had didn't mean the both of you wanted her to worry more than she had to.

It didn't take long for Peter to con you into snuggling with him for a couple of hours, but of course you had to be the one to return the both of you to real time and not the comfortable space where time wasn't real and tell him that he needed to get dressed and the both of you needed to get walking.

"Or we could just stay here," Peter countered, grabbing your hand with a smile and tugging you back to the bed.

You knew his tactics more than most and decided to get back up before you fell for them and his puppy dog eyes.

"I'm leaving in ten minutes," you tell him, walking over to the dresser and switching one of Peter's shirts for a nice cream colored sweater. "With you, just so we're on the same page. It's up to you whether you want to be walking down Queens Boulevard in only your boxers or not."

"I'm fairly certain you wouldn't allow anyone but you seeing me like that." Peter said without a small eye roll as he sat up and caught the pair of jeans you tossed at him.

"It's getting you to get dressed, isn't it? So it doesn't matter what I think."

"Oh. So would I get your opinion if I decided not to put a shirt on?"

You snorted as you felt Peter behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist and placing his head on your shoulder as he looked at you through the mirror you were standing in front of.