Food For Thought

Double updates might be happening every once in a while now? Cool.

chef!reader is something I really enjoy writing. Idk, maybe that's just a part of the real me rubbing off into writing lol. I wrote this a while ago and figured I should just put it up.

You were never really a true believer of the idea that time slowed right as something bad was going to happen, like death, until this moment.

Your hands slipped before you even realize they did. Then suddenly, you felt like you were in an action movie right before the big boss fight against the hero was about to happen. The frame slowed to show them both in their dynamic poses, slowing down the seconds before the impact.

The music grew louder, swelling dramatically before it cut out to silence to emphasize it's importance to the story. Two fighters enter the ring; only one would leave.

You knew it was a risk the second you picked it up, but it was a risk you were willing to take. You just never thought you would be on the losing battle.

Especially with something you loved so much.

Your body tensed as you watched your book fall from where your hands were holding it above your face. You couldn't do anything except watch in horror as it turned in midair, becoming vertical just in time for the spine to collide with your nose in what you believed to be a deafening crunch. The book then fell forward, spread out on your face cover up.

You let out a groan of pain as your hands flew to your face, your hands on top of the hardcover book you loved so dearly but absolutely despised in the moment.

"Why?" You sobbed. "I love you! The least you could've done was shown me some sympathy after all the heartbreak you put me through!"

The pain from your nose made your eyes water, and you knew that you probably should pick up the book before you got tears on the pages (as if that would be something new) but at that particular moment, you just stayed in the position you were laying in on the couch, waiting for the pain to subside so you could pick back up where you left off. The last chapter ended on a cliffhanger you couldn't possibly stop reading until you got to the resolution.

"I came to see how you were doing. I'm guessing... not good?"

You jumped as you heard Peter's voice appear out of nowhere. You could recognize that boy's voice from him screaming a mile away.

Grabbing your book, you pulled it down slightly to peek over the cover to see Peter Parker grinning down at you from where he was standing over the back of the couch.

"...Hey Peter," you said shyly. "When'd you get here?"

"Not supposed to for another minute or so, but I hopped the fence to come get you. If you listen, May and Ben should ring the doorbell. Any second now."

His grin widened when the doorbell chimed through the house, his glasses seemingly reflecting the brightness in his eyes.

"So," He leaned forward and crossed his arms so he could rest them on his arms. "What happened? Did someone else die?"

"Yeah. My nose." You groaned, squeezing your eyes shut. "I think it's broke."

"I doubt it." Peter said and you peered at him through one eye. "But I can kiss it and make it feel better if you want."