New Kid

A/N: I really have a problem with coming up with original characters and delving so much into their backstories; figuring things out about their past, and then putting basically nothing into the story at all.

You never thought the first day at a new school could ever be this nerve wracking. Especially when you were only there for your mission.

Bouncing on your heels, you exhaled sharply to focus yourself before joining the crowd of students filing into Midtown School of Science and Technology, disguising yourself in the sea of teenagers.

You imagined you must've looked like any other wide-eyed new kid as you observed the details of the school, trying to get a glimpse of every students face you passed as you turned left before exiting the lobby, entering the main office and walking up to the the woman at the desk.

"Good morning sweetie," The woman said cheerfully. She was in her late twenties, early thirties, and very beautiful, her strawberry blonde hair pinned up in a bun on the top of her head. Her name was Ms. Glase, or so it said on the nameplate.

Single, possibly in a relationship going off of the single photo she had framed that showed her kissing the cheek of another woman. The blue crate tucked by her legs and empty desk says recently employed. That would explain the brightness in her eyes and the wide smile on her face.

"Is there something I can help you with?" Your lips quirked up in a small smile and you made sure your gaze was soft before you spoke.

"Good morning," you greeted in return. "I'm new here, and I was wondering if I could get my schedule? I hope this is the right place to get it."

Ms. Glase's smile widened and she angled her body to the monitor to her right. "You've come to the right place. I'm new here too honey, don't worry, you'll fit right in. What's your name?"

She is new.

"Y/N Y/L/N." You replied, watching as she typed your name into the school's database, pulling up your newly made (semi-fake) profile.

"This is your first time at a public school?" Ms. Glase raised a surprised eyebrow. "This is a big step from homeschooling, you must be one gifted young woman."

You wouldn't believe.

Chuckling a little, you adjusted the straps of the bag on your back. "Thank you, I've always enjoyed learning."

"As do most of the students here, I've heard." She met your eyes and was silent a second before she turned back to the screen. "Let me print this out for you real quick, and you can be at your homeroom before the bell even rings."

"Thanks." You repeated, looking around the large room. The line of chairs against the wall in the waiting area, and the hall that led to the principal's office and a couple of storage rooms.

Ms. Glase stood up when the printer booted to life, warm paper ejecting from the machine and swiftly handing it to you as she stood face to face.

"I hope you have to great first day!" She called to you as you smiled and said another 'thanks' before reaching for the doorknob.

"You too." You told her before leaving and walking into the emptying hallway. Exiting the main lobby, you saw just how busy the school was.

The low chattering buzzed the air, students and teachers alike walked in and out of rooms. Posters promoting school clubs littered the walls and you could've swore you saw a drone or two flying above your head.

Learning really is encouraged here.

Finding a wall where kids weren't grouped around and talking, you glanced over your schedule. It seemed like your normal school schedule, except excluding the few courses any normal school wouldn't ever include.