It's Only A Word - Part Six

A/N: I might have said I wanted this to be the last chapter, but I also think I may have warned everyone that that might not be the case. And look at that, it wasn't! This chapter gave me trouble, and not in the way that I didn't know what to write, but for once in my life, I loved the way I ended it. The last 500 or so words I wrote were absolutely perfect, and guess what? It didn't save although I was 102% certain I did save it, so when I went back in, I lost my perfect work and let me tell you, it sucked so much I'm not sure how to put it into words. I tried my best to write it the way I did before, but I'm still not satisfied. Okay, enough of the super long authors note.
Warnings: None! The path of forgiveness is a (partially) happy one

How could you have not seen Peter was Spider-Man? Peter Parker was your soulmate?

The clues were all right there, a fool could've put the pieces together days, weeks, before you did. As you sat in your room, wildly thinking it over, your best rational idea was that you thought you had already ruled Peter out in your suspect list of who could be the Spider-Man, when he said the day you not so subtlety questioned what he was doing that Friday night, and he answered with the Harry Potter marathon with his aunt.

But even that was a clue, because May herself said how they didn't even finish that night, and she thought he snuck out. Of course he did, because Peter went to go see you.

"Y/N, sweetie, are you okay?" You heard your mother softly say as she knocked on your bedroom door.

It had been her day off today, and your father was working. She thought you were going to be out a little longer, you had told her your plans- that would've been- with Peter, and you could tell she set up to have some down time; a bowl of popcorn next to her on the couch while she was wearing comfortable clothes and drinking a small glass of wine as one of her favorite shows was on the TV when you burst into the apartment with no warning.

Tears had been streaming down your face still when she saw you, but you had calmed down the sobbing on your rushed walk there. You were mad at yourself you were even crying in the first place. She saw you because you had paused when you felt her eyes on you, but you didn't say a word and instead wiped your eyes and headed to your room.

"No," you admitted quietly, and she opened the door to peek her head in, and upon seeing your reddened, tear brimmed eyes, and you on the floor against the wall to the left of your bedroom door instead of your bed, she frowned and invited herself in, sitting silently besides you. She waited for to speak, but she could see the indecisive look on your face. You weren't sure what to say— what you could say, as much as you wanted too.

"What happened?" She asked in a patient and caring voice. You were still hesitating, trying to figure out what words to speak. You hadn't realized you had your hand unconsciously covering covering your cuff. The action was just your hand over your wrist to keep your arms together around your knees, and something did feel off, but yet again, everything was off. But your mother saw this, and her face went blank before a tiny lightbulb of a guess went off. "Did you meet your soulmate, Y/N?" She asked softly.

You inhaled shakily before slipping off the leather, letting it drop to the ground with a soft thud, and letting your mother read the shining gold words that were perfectly placed around your wrist.

"Yeah," you whispered. "I did." As you wiped them, you saw out of the corner of your eye your mothers light up, but she kept her excitement understandably trivial at the moment. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you,"

"Oh, that's okay," she mumbled, glancing one last time at your wrist before gently pushing your hand down. "What happened, honey?"

You turned your head to face her, sniffling a little as you tried to compose yourself. "I-I really don't want to waste your me time—"