Moment of Truth {Neville x R x Harry}

You look at your watch and curse. You have exactly three minutes before Snape will count you absent. You berate yourself as you push your bag more securely on your shoulder and run towards the dungeon. You make it to the hallways of the Potions class when you see Snape begin to shut the door. You quicken your pace and step-dive into the gap of the door. Snape raises an eyebrow at you as you rest your hands on your knees to attempt to catch your breath. 

"I'm so glad you have graced me with your presence, L/N."

"Likewise, sir," you gasp. 

"Now stop holding up my class, and get to your seat."

"Yes sir." 

You step to your seat as Snape walks to the front of the classroom. You drop into your seat with a sigh. Snape clears his throat to see that he has everyone's attention. 

"Today we are beginning a group project," he drawls. 

You perk up and eye your friend across the room. Whispers begin to fill the room at the possible groups.

"The groups I will choose," he says over the whispers. 

A simultaneous groan erupts across the class. 

"I will assign the groups," he repeats, "as well as the potion you must not only make but prove that it works in front of the class."

You look at the ceiling and ask Merlin what you did wrong to deserve this hell. Snape starts calling groups accompanied by their assigned potion. Your eyes snap up when your last name is called. 

"L/N, Longbottom, Potter. You get Veritaserum."

Great. You get a truth potion to work on with two attractive men. What could possibly go wrong?

Snape calls the rest of the groups and potions before saying, "I'm dismissing class early so that you may get together and set up a time to work on your projects. I will not give you class time to work on this, and I will know if you don't meet together. Your potion will reflect it. You are dismissed."

Everyone stands and begins to huddle in their assigned groups. You reach down to the floor to grab your bag. As you lift it up, both Neville and Harry are standing in front of your desk. You rise and begin to walk out of the classroom. The boys follow as you expected. 

"So what night is everyone free?"

"Every night but Thursday. I have a study group that night," Neville responds. 

"Same. but Thursday is Quidditch practice for me."

"Okay, so every night but Thursday? If we finish early, we could stop meeting. I would rather be safe than sorry."

"Sounds good," Harry comments. 

"What time, Y/N?" Neville asks.

"Uhm, how about after dinner in the library?" Harry suggests.

You appraise him. "Great idea. Are we starting today or tomorrow?"  you ask. 

"I think we should start tonight. The sooner the better." Neville says. 

"Okay, so tonight after dinner in the library. Sound good?" Harry asks.

"Perfect."

You glance at your watch. "Well, I have a crystal ball to stare into and pretend to see things in. See you two tonight." You wave and begin up the stairs.

***********************

You excuse yourself from your friends. You sigh as your steps echo towards the library.  You're not sure how this study group will work. Snape has made it very clear in his taunting that Harry isn't good at Potions. Snape's taunting has also made it very clear that Neville is clumsy. Plus, you three are making the truth potion! If you don't make it correctly, you make a T. If you do make it correctly, you might say something stupid in front of the whole class. This entire project has potential for disaster.