Fear Me Not (!TW!) {Professor Lupin}

Professor Lupin x Reader

Requested by an anonymous reader.

! Trigger Warning! Mentions: R*pe, drug abuse, self-harm, detailed anxiety attack

Disclaimer: If anyone has any issue regarding this one-shot, you can message me directly. I will NOT tolerate any negative comments on my post. I feel so strongly about this that I will not only delete your comments that you make if negative, I may even block anyone that is rude. With that being said, if you get blocked, you will not see any further one shots of mine.

All people deserve fanfiction, and no negativity will be tolerated.

******************************************

You trudge up the stairs groggily as you go to your first class. Your entire year has been buzzing with excitement for this class because the 7th Years get to see the new Professor, Professor Lupin, in action first. When it was made known that you were one of the ones that get to experience him first, many younger years cried out in outrage and some even glared at you in jealousy. You were definitely excited, but why was it so damn early?

You finally cross the threshold after trekking up those treacherous stairs. You scan the empty seats available and choose one of the ones near the back of the room. Unsurprisingly, in the last five minutes before a student would be counted as late, half of the class shows up. The mysterious Professor comes through the classroom doors on the exact moment that class is to begin.

You watch him as he crosses the room. His knitted, patterned sweater gives the vibe that he can be a safe space, but the crinkle of his eyes and the way he smiles screams that mischief isn't far behind his demeanor. He claps his hands loudly. Scaring some kids that tried to nod off already. The Professor spreads his hands as if he is presenting something elegant.

"Welcome to Defense Against the Dark Arts. As you may already know, I am Professor Lupin. Today is my first day teaching and we will be facing a boggart!"

Your stomach begins to churn as you feel the color drain from your face. No, you must have heard him wrong. There is no way he would let your class face a boggart on the first day of class. Your hopes are dashed as he begins to explain what a boggart is and how to expel one from you. You close your eyes and try to level your breathing as you realize what shape your boggart will take. Your last hope is that not everyone will have a turn with it. Your shoulders begin to shake as he announces that he will go in alphabetical order of the names on the class roster.

Your breathing becomes harder and harder to control as your peers stand and take their turn. The list is dwindling and he is getting closer to your name. You grip the desk with white knuckles as he calls the kids with the last name that starts with the same last letter as yours.

A shallow breath leaves you as his voice is heard saying, "Y/N L/N."

The class is silent as you slowly stand and begin walking to the front with quivering knees. Professor Lupin smiles at you warmly, trying to dispel your fear and anxieties, no doubt. But he doesn't know. The cupboard shakes violently, just as your body does. The doors slam open, just as your heart slams against your rib cage. A man steps out of the cupboard. He looks like an average, plain looking man to anyone else, but you're not fooled. As his eyes land on you, you breathing hitches. The man smirks arrogantly as he steps toward you. By now, it is quite obvious that you cannot breathe. Anyone near you can hear your wheezing. As he gets closer, the man begins to fiddle with his belt and unlatch it. You back away but your shaky knees betray you.