You Should Have Toad Me {Hermione}

You groan in frustration as your eyes scan over the room once more. You've been searching for your toad for the last half hour. It wasn't exactly a Neville and Trevor ordeal; it was much stranger.

Every day at the same two hour span, you can't find your toad. You've searched high and low but to no avail. You can't find your toad anywhere.

You huff and head into the Gryffindor's dorms to search your friend's dorms. 

As you walk by the beds, you see movement out of the corner of your eye. Curiously, you look over to find a Ginger cat curled up on Hermione Granger's bed. You smile and start to turn around, but stop as you catch sight of something in his fur. You look closer and become shocked. Curled up in Crookshanks' fur was your toad!

You stand there open - mouthed as your toad nestles his/her head into Crookshanks' fur causing Crookshanks to purr.

What in Merlin's beard is going on?!

**********

Whenever you noticed that your toad was missing from that point on, you always checked Hermione Granger's bed. And every time, you found them snuggled up.

***********

You catch sight of the bushy haired girl in the library. Hesitantly, you walk forward until you're at the corner of her table. Her head is down, concentrating on the text in front of her.

You clear your throat to catch her attention. She lifts her head and eyes you.

"Hello," she greets.

"Hi, you don't know me, I'm in (House) and I'm not exactly sure how to tell you this, but I think your cat is in love with my toad."

She raises an eyebrow.

"Funny," she comments drily as she returns to her book.

"I can show you. Every day at the same time, my toad disappears. I searched for my toad for two weeks straight, every day, before I happened across them on your bed. They were laying there, snuggling, as happy as could be. Every time my toad has disappeared since then, I've found them there. Every single time. Explain that if they're not in love."

She looks at you for a long moment before she says, "Show me."

You turn and walk to the dorms where Crookshanks and your toad are. As promised, they are snuggled on the bed. She stares at them and starts mumbling under her breath. You only catch pieces.

".... can't believe it worked... magic artifact...."

"What?"

Her eyes widen as she realized she was speaking aloud.

"Nothing. I was just talking to myself."

"Okay."

"Well Y/N, it looks like we'll be hanging out more often. Do you want to study together?"

*************

From that fateful day, you became friends with Hermione Granger. And slowly, but surely, you fell in love with her.

*************

You sigh in relief when Mione says that she's done studying. You love the girl, but you could only pretend to study for so long. Pretending to study was hard. Especially sitting beside a beautiful, talented, smart, funny, amazing girl.

You sigh. You're so whipped.

Mione stands.

"Well, I'm going to go find the boys. There's no telling what they're getting into. Do you want to accompany me?"

"No thanks. I'm going to take a nap."

"Okay. Have a nice nap Y/N."

"Thanks."

She walks out of the library. You over to see that she's left a book. It's not a book that you recognize so you pick it up. There's a piece of paper shoved in it at an awkward angle.

You open the book to that page. There's a picture of a necklace that looks familiar, but you can't place it. You read the caption.

This collar is given to your pet. The jewels are filled with Amortentia. Your pet will be attracted to your soulmate's pet. Once your animals are attracted, the people therefore know that they are soulmates. But for your pet to find your soulmate's pet, you have to already love your soulmate. If love isn't already present, the search is futile.

It's a collar! That's where you've seen it. Crookshanks has one like it.

Wait.

Crookshanks is wearing this collar and he's in love with your toad...

That means Hermione loves you!

The library doors open to reveal Mione coming through them.

"Hey Y/N, have you seen my book? I think I le-" she abruptly stops as she sees that you have it open.

"You love me?"

She stands there without saying anything.

"Well?"

She turns to run away, but you jump up and run to her first. You grab her arm.

"Hermione, don't you run from me."

Her eyes fill with tears as she looks down shamefully. You lift her chin and look into her beautiful brown eyes. Before you can stop yourself, you're kissing her.

"I love you Hermione Jean Granger."

"I love you Y/N M/N L/N," she whispers shakily.

You smile at her and her smile back is breath taking.