Dead to Me {Fred}

You're currently in the Battle of Hogwarts. Spells are shooting everywhere, the noise is deafening, and there are bodies strown everywhere. You can't let yourself  look down or you'll break down and you'd be over.

You're searching for the love of your life, Fred. Of course, he doesn't know that you're head over heels for him. You've been friends since First Year when he pulled a prank on you. George and Fred thought it would be funny to put a permanent sparkle in your hair. The sparkles were so bright, no one could look at you. You had marched right up to the twins and ripped them a new one. They admired your fiestiness and welcomed you as a fellow prankster.

You finally see Fred. He's fighting next to Percy. Of course he has got his usual smirk on his face. You run over to them quickly.

"Freddie!"

"Y/N!"

He had turned to greet you and didn't notice Bellatrix behind him. You shove him out of the way and take the hideous green light to the chest.

"No! Y/N! No!"

I love you, Freddie.

Then the world became black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You woke to sniffles and cracked voices talking.

"I can't believe they are gone, George. They threw herself in front of me. Why didn't they let me take it? I love them, Georgie. I bloody love them."

"I love you too, doofus," you whisper croakily.

He jumps up. "Y/N!"

"Hiya Freddie. Did you miss me?"

He reaches down and hugs you tightly. "I thought you were dead," he whispers into your ear.

"Did you not pay attention in Defense Against the Dark Arts?"

He looks sheepish.

"No."

"To cast an Unforgivable Curse, you have to mean it. If you mean it, you have to mean it for someone specific. Bellatrix meant it for you, not me. So it didn't kill me."

He looks at you in awe.

"You knew that the entire time?"

"Actually, no. It was a theory. A theory proved correct."

You shrug at him.

"But why? Why would you jump in front of me? Why?"

"You really don't pay attention, do you?"

He looks at you confused.

"I'll say this slowly. I. Love. You."

He looks happier than if you had just given him his favorite toy.

"Really?"

"No, I basically died for you, so I could have bragging rights. Duh!"

He chuckles as he leans down and connects your lips together.

"I love you Y/N. I love you so bloody much."