Power of Fear {Harry}

Harry x Reader

You have Professor Lupin this period with your best friends, the Trio. Hermione is your best friend. You love her to death. Ron is like a big brother. You have an on going joke that you're a long lost sibling. And Harry is the love of your life. Not that he knows that.

Lupin told everyone that the next lesson was a surprise. But that didn't stop the rumors, of course.

Some said that Dumbledore was going to teach the class for a day. Others said Hagrid had another 'harmless' creature hidden in the Forbidden Forest.

When Professor Lupin finally told the class that it was boggarts, your stomach dropped. You did not want anyone to know your fears.

Everyone chuckles at Snape sporting Neville's grandmother's clothes except you. You're too nervous about your turn.

"Y/N, your turn, my dear."

People in front of you move out of the way as you push yourself to the front. Harry gives you a sympathetic look with Ron gives you a thumbs-up. You swallow the bile in your throat at the thought of what's going to come out of that cupboard. The boggart rattles the cupboard, then steps out.

Out comes your father, stumbling towards you angrily with a beer bottle in his hand. You cower in fear as he gets closer and closer. You let out a whimper as the boggart changes.

Next is your mother. She stands there haughtily, telling you that you're a waste of space and she wishes that she had done everyone a favor by not giving birth to you. You have tears streaming down your face. You can't find the courage to say Riddikilius.

It changes again and the result is a gasp from the class. It changes into Hermione. She sneers at you.

"I'm the Brightest Witch of my Age, huh? Yet I'm dumb enough to be friends with you."

You whimper at the pain that your heart is going through.

"I'm sorry Mione," you whisper dejectedly.

Another state of shock as it changes into Ron.

"I'm your 'brother'? Why would I want to be related to scum like you? Your own family doesn't want you. Why would I?"

You're bawling uncontrollably. Your heart wrenches. You know who is next. No.

You could hear a pin drop as it changes into Harry.

"You want to be friends with me? Why would I be friends with you? You're pathetic. I'm the Boy Who Lived and you're the Person Who No One Wants. Everyone loves me, but who loves you?"

Professor Lupin finally shakes his horror of seeing you crumble to the floor in defeat and your brokeness. He steps up and the boggart turns into a moon before he says confidently, "Riddikilius!"

You get up and sprint out of the room. You hear the Trio yell for you to stop, so you run faster. You hear Harry tell them something before you hear his shoes against the floor following you.

You try to run faster to escape him, but you're in too much pain emotionally. You break down at the base of a tree facing the Black Lake. You sob into your hands. You feel Harry sit next to you. He takes you into his arms and soon his robes' shoulder is soaked.

He rubs your back and pets your hair soothingly. When your tears are long gone, you pull back and look at him. He looks a little nervous. He clears his throat before he begins.

"Uhm, Y/N, I want to tell you something. Part of your boggart is true. I don't want to be your friend."

Your heart clenches. You thought he had come to tell you that it'd never happen, not feed your fear.

"Okay. I understand. I have a couple of quills I need to give back then."

He chuckles and you look up at his smile in confusion. He was smiling at your pain?

"No, Y/N, you don't understand. I don't want to be your friend. I want to be your boyfriend . I like you a lot. Your boggart showed me that you felt the same."

"How? Boggart Harry was being rude about friendship, not being my boyfriend."

"When Boggart Harry had said 'who would love you?' That made it sound like your boggart had at one point. So your boggart is me rejecting you, not only as a friend, but as a boyfriend."

Wow. You didn't realize that one line could give away so much.

"Really? You want to be my boyfriend? I think you're playing a very mean joke."

He grabs your jaw and looks into your E/C eyes. You can see love and compassion swirling in those emerald green eyes. Slowly, he pulls your lips to his and your breath hitches at the wonderful sensation.

When he pulls back, you simply say, "I accept."

He smiles real cheesy and says, "You just made me the happiest man at Hogwarts."

Then he leans down and kisses you once again.