Insane For Love {Neville}

You wake up in St. Mungo's. You can remember everything. Two Death Eaters had come into your home, assuming it was empty because your parents had been killed hours earlier by them. You had stayed in your childhood home because you couldn't give up those memories. Now you're rethinking that decision.

When they stomp in, they look more surprised than you did. You stood and fought until they mumbled a spell you haven't heard before. Your vision turned black as you collapsed, but you heard the Order of the Phoenix arrive. They're the reason you're alive.

A man with white robes comes bustling into your room.

"Ah, Miss/Mr/Mx L/N, you're awake. I will inform your friends."

"Wait."

He turns to look at you expectantly.

"What's wrong with me? What was that spell?"

He looks at you sympathetically.

"Uh, I don't know if you can handle such fragile information...."

"I'm not a child. Tell me the truth. All of it."

"The spell that was cast was self-invented. It seems to be slowly, but surely, taking away your sanity."

"Is there a cure?"

"We have many promising leads."

"Do my friends know?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Send in Ginny Weasley first."

You knew that if you were hurt, your best friend would be there. A frazzled Ginny comes in moments later.

"Y/N!" She squeals.

After the hellos and hugs, you settle into your bed and she settles into a chair.

"So, who's all here?"

She names your friend group, her family, "...and Neville."

"Neville? Why is he here?"

Neville is your crush. He's just such an adorable klutz!

"I don't know. But he's been flipping out."

"I'm insane. What's his excuse?"

She chuckles.

"I don't know, but you should ask though."

Then she winks and walks out.

What the hell?

Neville comes in shortly after. He stands awkwardly in the doorway.

"Well, come sit down."

He shuffles over and sits in the chair that Ginny occupied previously.

"You're alright."

"Yes, just fine and dandy. You seem like you want to say something."

He looks down at the floor and shuffles his shoes.

"I thought I had lost you. But, the thing is, I'm gonna lose you to insanity. I've lost my parents to insanity, now you." His voice sounds so broken and defeated.

"I didn't realize I had meant anything to you."

"You're the love of my life," he mumbles.

You grab his shirt and tug him to look into his hazel eyes.

"I've always liked you."

Then you crash your lips against his. After a moment of hesitation, he responds.

Suddenly, he pulls back and searches your face for something. He nods slightly as he finds whatever he was looking for and then he initiates the next kiss.

You're surprised that he initiated the kiss and Neville takes advantage of this and deepens the kiss.

Then the door slams open and the doctor exclaims, "I found the cure!"

Neville's smile at you was breath taking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote from Spike on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. If you have not seen this show, I highly recommend it.