Obsession {Ginny}

Requested by @SheLeeLee08.

Thanks for requesting! ♡

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He's so gorgeous, isn't he?" Ginny sighs while staring at the Golden Boy.

You force a smile onto your face.

"Sure, if you're into the martyr types."

She laughs and hits your shoulder playfully. You watch as the sun peaks through the trees, causing Ginny's hair to shine. Her hair frames her face and her sparkling blue eyes twinkle with mischief. 

Merlin, you had it bad. You are in love with the youngest Weasley and have been for a while.

But it takes strong willpower to be with her. When with her, she is constantly watching or talking about Harry. Instead of a normal crush, it had blown up to a full obsession.

You do strange things for love... right?

***********

"His glasses are crooked. Look Y/N. His glasses are-"

"Ginny, I have to go."

She looks at you puzzled.

"Go where?"

"I need to go talk to F/N for a moment."

She looks a little disappointed.

"Alright."

You rush away from her. You feel bad. You hadn't lied. You do need to go talk to F/N. But you also couldn't handle Ginny's obsessive rant right now.

You find F/N in your dorms.

"Hey Y/N. What's up?"

"I can't handle it anymore F/N. I want to be with Ginny. I want to be with her and laugh, and just hang out. I know she probably doesn't like me like I do her, but it's killing me seeing her want Harry. That's all she talks about. About how gorgeous he is, how talented he is, how his glasses are crooked. Harry, Harry, Harry. Ugh! I try so hard to be the best for her and all she sees is him!"

You sigh and sit on the bed in defeat.

F/N comes and sits next to you.

"Don't be the best. Be you. If she doesn't see you, that's her loss. Don't be the best, just care the most. Are you showing your love if you make her choose, which would cause her pain? Just care the most Y/N."

*************

F/N's advice encouraged you. From that point on, you stayed with her. When she started the obsessive rants, you changed the subject. You were there for her.

You were there for her when Harry first asked her out. You were there for her when she raved about how magical their first kiss was. You were there for her when Harry broke up with her for Draco.

You were there for her and you loved her through it.

************

You're walking through the Courtyard when you notice Ginny sitting alone on a bench. You walk over and sit next to her.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

She looks at you puzzled.

"What's a penny?"

"Never mind. It's a Muggle thing."

She shrugs.

"What were you thinking about? You looked pained. I've never seen you think so hard and we've been friends for years."

She smiles.

"I was just thinking about someone. This someone I've known for a while, but I didn't realize I was in love with them until now. I see it clearly."

Your heart sinks.

"Oh. Is it Neville?" You ask jokingly.

"No."

"Ooo, is it Dean?"

"No."

"Please tell me it isn't Seamus. He looks better with his eyebrows, but c'mon."

She laughs.

"No."

"Then who in Merlin's beard is it?"

She whispers something that you don't catch.

"What?"

"You."

You blink multiple times in surprise.

"Me?"

"Yes."

"Oh."

She sighs.

"You're going to scream and run away, aren't you?"

"No."

She looks at you.

"Why not?"

"Because I love you."

"Really?"

"I have for while now."

On the outside you were acting cool, but on the inside you were screaming.

"So are we dating now?"

"Uhm, if you want to."

"I do."

"You didn't ask me out properly."

She rolls her eyes and gets down on one knee in front of you.

"Y/N M/N L/N, please be my partner!" She calls loudly.

"I shall do so with pride Ginevra Weasley."

She grins as she stands up and hugs you.

"I made the mistake of forgetting that you grew up with George and Fred."