Staring Problem {Oliver}

The prompt has been requested by @HollyWoodToxcine although Oliver was also requested by @Kit_Kat_21 , @Pinkette-devil , @fanficDorkleiatrash , and @PixieBell0.

You smile as the bell rings for you to go to your last class. Your last class is by far your favorite although it isn't because of the subject or the teacher. It's because of the handsome boy that always happens to catch your eye.

For the last few months, this boy has locked eyes with you in this class at least once. Once you had counted 17 times in a single period. You've never actually spoken to him although you know that you like him. You've watched him from afar for years now and finally, he seemed to have notice you.

Every time those chocolate brown eyes look into your E/C ones, you flush and your head begins to swim. The possibility that he may be attracted to you as well backstrokes throughout your mind and won't rest.

You bite your lip as you enter the classroom. Most people are already present in the room. You side-step several students as you make your way to your desk. You seat yourself and pull out parchment, a quill, and your inkwell from your bag. You lay them neatly on your desk and look up.

Chocolate eyes meet E/C ones from across the room. As expected, he stares at you for a few moments before dropping his gaze. You notice that the tips of his ears are now red. You smile to yourself as the teacher begins the class.

During this class period, he breaks his own record. Every time you glance over, which was often, you find him already staring. Every time you caught him, he'd hold your eye longer than before.

You jump when the bell rings. You watch from across the room as Oliver Wood packs his things away and walks out of the classroom.

***********

For the rest of that night and most of the next day, you become romantically frustrated. You've been nursing a crush on this boy for years and now he seems to have you in his sights. Yet maybe he doesn't although he stares at you all the time. You've exhausted yourself with these mind games. You've decided to put your foot down and now.

*************

The same thing happens in your last period as it did the day before. The Professor asks the class to take your papers that you had to write in class to the front. An idea forms in your mind as many students stand to obey. You grab a blank piece of parchment and a scrawl a message upon it. You fold it multiple times, grab your paper, and watch as Oliver stands.

As he walks towards the front, you hurriedly walk over to Oliver's desk and place the note inside of his journal, knowing the Professor will make him open the journal shortly.

You go to the front, drop your paper on the desk, and go back to your seat. As you sit down, Oliver locks eyes with you once again.

"Alright students. Please open your journals and do your work please."

You watch as Oliver looks down at his journal and opens it. His brows crease together as he opens the note and reads it:

You sure do stare quite a lot. xx

As soon as his eyes trace your scrawl, he looks up at you. You smirk slightly at him and his eyes widen in response. You wink before turning your gaze to your journal. Although you can feel his heated gaze on you, you refuse to look at him again. As soon as the bell rings, you stand, grab your bag, and hurriedly walk from the room. You're the first one out and everyone follows behind you.

"Y/N," a deep voice calls from behind you.

Your heart speeds up as does your feet.

"Y/N, please stop."

You pause and stop at the side of the hallway. As your heart threatens to pound out of your rib cage, Oliver stops in front of you and leans against the wall.

"What was that about?"

You blink up at him, as if in innocence.

"What are you talking about?"

He looks at you in disbelief.

"Really? You're going to pretend as if you did nothing?"

"Is it pretending if I actually did nothing?" You quip.

"I've got to admit, the innocent act is cute on you."

You flush.

"But just confess," he continues.

You raise an eyebrow.

"I confess that I caught you staring at me."

He grins and leans in a little.

"You may have caught me staring, but I caught you staring back."

You open your mouth to protest but close it as nothing comes to mind.

"You may have seen me staring at you but you were caught first. I just don't know your motive."

He blinks.

"My motive?"

"Yes. Why do you stare? Do I have something in my teeth?"

He smiles down at you.

"Ah. You want to know why I stare at you."

You cross your arms and narrow your eyes.

"Yes, yes I do."

He leans in so close that his nose almost touches yours.

"How about, I noticed that this beautiful person was in my last class. Not only that, but they seem to have already been attracted to me as well. Why else would they stare back when they catch me? So I was biding my time."

Your breath freezes in your lungs at his rationalization.

"Biding your time to do what?"

"Talk to you, ask you out. Whatever came first."

"How's that going for you?" You whisper.

"It seems to be going well. I haven't been kicked in the nads and you haven't run away screaming yet."

"Not yet, but there's still hope."

He grins.

"You gonna run away?"

You return the smile.

"Only if you run away with me."

"That was smooth."

You chuckle lightly.

"I try."

"How about you try to go to Hogsmeade with me this weekend."

"That sounds like a great idea."

"I'll see you then."

You shift your head to the left and kiss his cheek.

"Yes you will."

Before you can say anything awkward or ruin what just happened, you walk away and leave the blushing Quidditch player to lean against the wall by himself.