Chapter 14

Ani was unconscious for a few more hours. Even though she had thought something, her mind was still scrambling. She had to fight with her inner vampire, and even then, she was scared. Why wasn't she able to heal like she used to? Even if it was special bullets that harmed her, as a Pureblood, she should have been able to heal much faster than that. Yet she practically drown in her own blood.

By the time they got home, Darcel had bandaged both her chest, and her neck to try and control the bleeding. Though no one was worried she would bleed out, because she was already dead, it was still helpful.

Ani's throat burned with pain. Whether or not the bullet was holy or not, it still hurt like a bitch, and boy did Ani know it. She would make sure to take more caution whenever a hunter pointed a gun at her.

Ani blinked at the ceiling, finding herself in her own room. Aeriin was sitting on the bed beside her, looking at the TV. When Ani sat up, she found that Aeriin was playing a game on a new Xbox set up at the foot of her bed, with a huge flatscreen TV.

Ani went to talk, but her voice came out a hoarse gasp instead. Ani's hands went to her neck like she couldn't believe that was what she sounded like.

Aeriin looked at her and frowned. "Darcel said the bullet just missed your spine, however it didn't miss your vocal cords, so you won't be talking for a while." Aeriin explained. "But you have your thoughts for that."

Ani lowered her hands and looked back at the TV. She was glad it was blocking her mirror, but she assumed that wouldn't stop her imaginary evil twin from causing her problems.

She looked back up at Aeriin. "When did you get this stuff?"

"I ordered it for you before we left." Aeriin smiled. "I didn't know which console you wanted, so I just got you all of them. But I only set up your Xbox for Skyrim. You can handle the rest of the wires. There's also a power strip under the bed, and all the boxes are over there." She pointed. Sure enough there were four boxes set up waiting for her. "There's a Xbox One, Switch and a Playstation 4. Will that keep you from going upstairs when I go to school?"

Ani nodded vigorously.

Aeriin smiled and handed her a card. "It's loaded with a couple thousand, courtesy of the Hunter's Guild. Spend it on whatever you want okay?"

Ani took the card with a bit of caution, like she couldn't believe that Aeriin had just handed her money. No one else had ever trusted her with a dollar, let alone a couple thousand.

"You're not spoiling Darcel and Taraka like this are you?" Ani asked.

"No, I just gave them a few hundred each to keep them from annoying you. You come first." Aeriin smiled.

"Thank you for this. Really." Ani returned the smile.

"It's the least I could do. I didn't kill that guy, so you got hurt because I-."

Ani put a hand over her mouth with a smile. "This isn't your fault. We both forgot about him." Ani told her.

Aeriin took hold of Ani's hands which were still bandaged. "Do you know if you're hands healed yet?"

"They don't hurt anymore, so I think they have." Ani answered.

"Do you know why you aren't healing anymore?" Aeriin asked as she looked up at her.

"No. I don't. And it's frightening me." Ani explained. "This has never happened before. I know Darcel thinks it's because I don't want my immortality anymore, but I do. I really, really do. I mean, why wouldn't I? I just got you to go out with me!" Ani said before her eyes widened. "That last part was supposed to stay in my thoughts, sorry."