Chapter 2

Aeriin sat up with a yawn, and rubbed her eyes. Once again Ani had moved her to her own bed after falling asleep on the couch. She got out of bed, and went to the bathroom to do her business and wash her face. She was tired, but there was nothing she could do about it. Ani would be cross with her if they didn't go out and do something. The vampire needed to be entertained, otherwise she would try and escape.

She made breakfast and tapped her foot on the floor, waking the vampire from her slumber. She heard the footsteps from behind her and didn't even turn around, knowing it was Ani sitting down at the island, waiting for Aeriin to finish cooking.

She turned and set up two plates, one for herself, and one for the vampire, who for some reason enjoyed human food. Ani picked at her food, like she usually does in the morning. Something obviously on her mind.

Aeriin sat beside her. "When are you going to tell me what bothers you so much about mornings?"

"Its not mornings." Ani answered.

"Then what is it?" Aeriin asked.

"I don't get good nights sleep. My nightmares keep me awake most of the night." She answered.

"And you never told me about this before because?"

"Because it doesn't really matter, all vampires have nightmares. They never have normal dreams." Ani shrugged.

"Why?" Aeriin asked, setting down her fork to give Ani her full attention.

"Because vampires are... mental? I guess is the right word. Not in the crazy way, but... most of their power comes from their mind, and that's also where all the negative emotions come from. Loneliness, hopelessness... all those bad things that most humans take for granted, vampires suffer with forever. So while we're awake we can ignore them, when we sleep, not so much."

"Is there a way to fix it?" Aeriin questioned, setting a comforting hand on Ani's shoulder.

"I can spend my night in someone else's dream. Then I'd relax more and can get a better sleep."

"Why didn't you just ask?" Aeriin smirked.

"Because dreams can get really personal, and I'm sure you don't want me in those."

"I trust you to leave when things get creepy." Aeriin laughed.

"You shouldn't, because I wouldn't." Ani answered with a smile of her own.

"I'm sure." They both shared a laugh, and continued eating.

Just before Ani could finish, the front door swung opened.

"I'm here for your homework Aeriin!" Stella shouted from the doorway.

Aeriin groaned and got up. "Do your own homework!" Aeriin answered as she walked into the livingroom, leaving Ani to finish her breakfast.

"Oh come on! Help a girl out! I just need the second half of it!" Stella answered, putting her hands together like she was praying as she begging. "Please! I'll do anything!"

"Anything huh?" Aeriin asked, putting a hand to her chin in thought. "Nah. Do it yourself."

"Don't be stingy Aeriin!" Stella answered as she put her hands to her hips and glared. "I can make your life hell!"

"Oh? Can you?" Aeriin questioned.

"Yes I-." Stella froze when she heard the sink in the kitchen turn on. "You have someone here?"

"Y-Yeah?" Aeriin answered.

"Shit, just because your parents passed away you can't be having your girl move in with you." Stella narrowed her eyes.