Chapter 37

"So are you sure this will work?" Ani asked.

"We're a hundred percent sure it'll work. I mean why else would it be in a book if it wasn't true?" Morgan asked.

"Are you serious?" Darcel rolled her eyes. "But yes, I've cross referenced it and in three different mythologies it's been proven to work."

"Maybe they're basing the mythologies off each other." Ani answered.

"Ani." Aeriin growled. "Let's just try it."

"You want to go on a fucking adventure, maybe die, just to maybe cure you of vampirism?" Ani asked.

"Yes!" Aeriin admitted. "I'm sorry, but I don't like this feeling of not being in control of my own body!"

Ani glared at Aeriin before standing up. "Fine. We'll go. It's probably going to be a lost cause, but we'll go."

"Anikke, you don't have the instincts that Aeriin does remember?" Darcel glared.

Ani rolled her eyes and left the room to go skulk. Aeriin sighed and grabbed the glass of blood from the night stand before taking a sip with a disgusted face. "So how dangerous is it for us to go on this trip?" Aeriin asked.

"It'll be pretty dangerous." Darcel offered. "We'll probably get really hurt, but who knows. Maybe we'll all come out unscathed and you'll be human."

"Why doesn't Ani want to go?" Morgan asked. "She should be glad to make you happy."

"Because she's worried something will happen to me." Aeriin admitted. "She doesn't want me to die to become human. She can help me survive as a vampire, and everything will be fine. But I don't want to be a vampire... I want to be human."

"I understand, but there's not much we can do. If this doesn't work then there's nothing else we can do. And that's if we can get it. It might be impossible or not even there." Darcel said. "And if it's not there, and we go through hell, then we're boned."

"We'll be fine." Morgan said.

"You're coming?" Aeriin asked.

"Of course I'm coming. I should have been able to stop him... but instead I let him bite you." Morgan explained. "So I'll help you any way I can."

"Thank you Morgan. I'd hug you, but I don't trust myself yet." Aeriin explained.

"Do you want another glass?" Morgan asked.

"No. I'm trying to wane myself from it completely." Aeriin admitted. "I'm afraid of becoming addicted."

"You must realize, you're a vampire now. You will be addicted no matter what you want." Darcel admitted.

"I don't want to think about it." Aeriin told her. "I just want things to go back to the way they were. I wanna be human, not a vampire with werewolf blood."

"We can't always have what we want." Morgan admitted.

"I don't want to hear it." Aeriin sighed.

A crash from upstairs cause them all to look up.

"Was that Ani?" Morgan asked.

Aeriin got up and went upstairs, taking her glass with her. Darcel and Morgan followed, finding Herja sitting against the wall, and Taraka laying on the broken remains of the table. Darcel rushed over to her and gently shook her. "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah... I think so." Taraka mumbled.

"What happened?" Aeriin asked.

"I don't know." Taraka answered as Darcel helped her up. "Ani looked upset so I offered to make her a Bloody Mary which she accepted, then she yelled get down, and suddenly I was thrown into the table and she was gone."