Chapter 1

Aeriin was finally ready to crash into her bed after a long day of school. But the moment she opened her front door, she was reminded she didn't live alone.

Her not-so-lovable companion was sprawled out on the couch watching TV, and as soon as Aeriin walked into the room, the girl jumped to her feet with a smile.

"Aeriin! How was school today?" The vampire asked as she made her way over, taking Aeriin's book bag politely and slinging it over her own shoulder.

Although Aeriin was tired, the vampire always made her smile. "My day was pretty good actually. Other than being boring as hell." She answered. "But you're supposed to be in the basement Ani." She sat on the couch only to have the vampire sprawl out on her lap like a playful younger sister.

"But then I'd be bored! Can you please take me out tomorrow? Its the weekend!" Ani asked.

Aeriin laughed. "I'll think about it."

"That's all I ask." Ani smiled.

"But you really have to stay in the basemement when I'm not home."

"Aeriin, I'm a Stargazer." She said as her bronze eyes narrowed. "I can't be killed."

"I'm not worried about you being killed, I'm worried about a mortal finding out about you."

"That's why you don't bring people home." Ani said in monotone. "I follow all your rules to the letter Aeriin. Cut me some slack. Everyone else let me go out and play."

"Just my parents did, you mean?"

"I had the most fun with them, because you weren't such a bossy cranky-pants." Ani sighed. "But I do what you ask, hoping one day you'll love me."

Aeriin laughed and ran her fingers through Ani's brown hair. "I do love you. I just worry."

"You worry? Jesus, if I wasn't your bain buddy you'd forget your pants everyday." Ani laughed. The two continued to watch TV, even as Aeriin did her homework, using Ani's stomach as a table.

Then a phone call. Aeriin picked it up, and turned the TV down to hear. However Ani didn't even flinch, maybe not even noticing the difference in volume.

"Hey girl!" Stella called from the other end of the line. "How much of your English homework is done? I need a copy."

"Its pretty muched finished. But I'm not going to lend it to you because you need to do it yourself."

"Uhgg! How do you get your work done with that boy of yours?" Stella complained.

"Boy?" Aeriin questioned with a laugh.

"Duh! Someone put that hickey on your neck!"

"Hickey? Ani!" Aeriin growled.

"You're telling me you just noticed? Jeez you're terrible at your job." Ani rolled her eyes. Recently, Aeriin had volunteered to donate blood every week so Ani wouldn't have to hunt. She didn't expect hickies.

"'She'? I didn't know you swang that way girl! And she's there now? Let me talk to her!"

"Why would I do that?"

"So I can threaten her? No one is gonna mess with my Aeriin and live to tell about it, so I have to warn her about what she's getting into."

Aeriin offered Ani the phone, getting the vampire to raise an eyebrow. "Just go with whatever she says." Aeriin told her.

Ani smirked and held it to her ear "Heyo!"

"Oh you sound cute! Listen up woman, if you hurt my girl, I'll break every bone in your body ten times over."