Chapter 29

"Ani...Ani wake up...Ani...ANI!" Aeriin roared.

Ani jumped from her seat on the couch and sat up looking worried. "Wh-What'd I do? Is there a demon? Are you okay!?"

"How are you feeling?"

"Other than the heart attack you just gave me... a lot better. It has been two months." Ani rubbed the tiredness out of her eyes. "What about you? How are you feeling?"

"Guilty." Aeriin confessed. "Do you wanna go see a movie?"

"Sure." Ani smiled softly as she stood up. "Let me change out of my PJ's and we can go whenever you like."

"Sure thing." Aeriin smiled as Ani walked past.

"You two doing more together?" Darcel asked as she set down the book she was reading. She was sitting on the Lay-Z Boy armchair she had bought with her money. It was set up in the living room, on the far side of the room so if she didn't have the foot rest up, she could pull the chair forward and rest her feet on the coffee table in front of the couch.

"Of course." Aeriin told her. "Thanks to your weirdly accurate advice."

Darcel shrugged. "As you guys said, I'm not totally evil."

"You could have left at any time. Without a collar to stop you, you could be back with Kaage, or even completely free." Aeriin said.

"I find killing demons more satisfying then obeying them." Darcel shrugged. "To that I have you and Ani to thank for."

"Well thank you Darcel. I'm sure you'll get your wings back for sure." Aeriin smiled.

"To be honest. I believe you." Darcel smiled. "But as long as Ani is weakened, keep the collar on Taraka. She can be unpredictable."

"Noted." Aeriin laughed.

"Heard that!" Taraka shouted from the kitchen.

"Did you know Ani was thinking about asking Rose for a Shade?" Darcel asked.

"A Shade?"

"Or some other demon/spirit who could hide within her body, so she could never be disarmed again."

"It's a good idea... but I don't know if I like the idea of kissing someone with two brains, one of which I know nothing about." Aeriin offered.

"You'd be surprised." Darcel shrugged. "I think its a brilliant idea. But I don't know how she's going to find them with that personality."

"What's wrong with my personality Darcel?" Ani asked as she came back up the stairs.

"Nothing. I was just explaining to her how you want to get a Companion."

"And that has something to do with my personality?"

"Well, no one is just going to bond themselves to you without a second thought. They're going to want to get to know you, before they spend the rest of their immortality with you." Darcel shrugged.

"Angels can bond to other beings." Ani suggested.

"Be that as it may, you're a Vampire, hypothetical spawn of the Devil. If I get my Light back, us bonding would most likely be fatal to both of us."

"It's fatal because of the standards and limits placed on Angels by 'gods'."

"Actually by Azazel and Seraphim." Darcel shrugged.

"Speaking of which, I had Rose contact them."

Darcel nearly fell out of the chair, if it was even possible.