Chapter 16

Aeriin's eyes slowly opened, and they welcomed the darkness of the windowless basement room. The bed was soft, but definately not her own. She sat up with a groan, fighting the dizziness in her body. She looked around the room finding herself in Ani's bed.

That's right. She made me immortal. Aeriin thought to herself as she put her hand on the side of her neck to where she was bit. Unlike Ani's normal bites, this one still stung like her fangs were still in her neck.

She moved over to the side of the bed and started to get up, but ended up falling back onto the bed with a groan. Her head was spinning, there was no way she was going to stand.

Ani came into the room, her bandages no longer on her body. "Darcel, can you tie that Succubus up please!?" She called, looking over her shoulder.

"I love it when you talk dirty!" Taraka shouted back.

Ani rolled her eyes and looked forward as she stepped into the room. Her eyes locked on Aeriin's who smiled softly.

"You're awake." Ani said softly.

"Yeah. And you can talk."

"Well of course I can, it's been two years!" Ani shouted.

"What!? But you said-."

"I'm kidding." Ani smiled. "It's only been a week and a half."

"Don't fucking do that to me!" Aeriin growled.

"I couldn't help myself." Ani said as she closed the door and moved over to sit beside the hunter, putting an arm around her. "How are you feeling?"

"My neck is sore, and I'm pretty dizzy." Aeriin answered as she rubbed her temple.

"It'll pass." Ani told her.

"Have you made anyone else immortal besides me?" Aeriin asked.

"No."

"Then how do you know it will get better?"

"Because I know plenty of people who were made immortal by other Pureblood vampires. My sisters do it all the time."

"Do you have brothers?"

"Well yeah, but we don't talk about them."

"What? Really?"

"Of course not." Ani rolled her eyes. "They're my brothers and  we treat them with respect."

"Well you never talk about them."

"I don't talk about a lot of my family." Ani went to stand to storm off, but Aeriin pulled her back down. The vampire landed on top of her, but facing away so Aeriin's arms could wrap around her midsection with no resistance.

"How are you feeling?" Aeriin asked.

Ani went to say something then sighed and rolled off Aeriin so she was laying beside her. The two of them turned to face each other so they could look each other in the eyes.

"I'm healing a lot faster now. I don't really know why though." Ani answered. "So I feel a lot better than I did before."

"That's good. You think it was my kiss?" Aeriin raised an eyebrow, but couldn't hold back her smile when Ani's face turned bright red.

"I was... struggling with my emotions at the time." Ani admitted. "I think you kissing me set most of them aside."

"You were having an internal battle and didn't tell me?" Aeriin asked.

"My emotions and instincts were all wound up together." Ani explained. "The Mirror Me wanted to make you immortal just so I could have sex with you without killing you. But I want to spend the rest of my life with you. But I was afraid that if I made you immortal, I'd end up doing what the other me wanted anyway. At the same time, I didn't know if it was really love I was feeling. But after talking to Darcel about how much I really badly wanted to have sex with Taraka, but couldn't force myself to because I'd rather do anything but hurt you in any way, I realized that I had fallen for you hard."