Chapter 5

"Ani I'm- What the hell did you do!?" Aeriin yelled as she opened the door finding the broken lamp.

Ani sat up from the couch like a zombie. Her eye lids heavy like she'd been sleeping.

"Anikke!?" Aeriin growled as she put her backpack on the floor and made her way over to Ani. "What happened? Why did you break my lamp!?"

"To hit my mother." Ani answered. "Wow... it sounds pretty mean when I say it out loud."

"Your mother was here?" Aeriin asked. "What happened to your hands?"

"One of them was because I pretty much broke Rose's pen in my hand, and the other is from the broken glass."

"Why aren't you healing?"

"Because I haven't fed in a couple days, and Rose saved me."

"Rose!? Rose was here!?"

Ani looked up at her. "Rose saved me from my mother. She said she put a barrier up to keep my mom from sending minions."

Aeriin took Ani's hands getting her to whince. "I can see why you're shocked. If I knew Rose was coming I would have cleaned up."

"I'll admit to breaking the lamp, but Rose threw my mom into the kitchen and broke the stools. That wasn't me." Ani told her.

"Did you clean the wounds?"

"No."

"Well if they're not healing then you need to clean them otherwise they can get infected." Aeriin told her as she took her into the kitchen. "I'll clean everything up afterwards but you're cuts come first."

"I'm not a child you don't need to baby me."

"Can you lick your own cuts healed?"

"I'm not a cat you idiot."

"Then stop complaining."

Aeriin grabbed one of the smaller first aid kits from the cabinet, and opened it up on the counter. She undid the bandages, revealing the wound to have bled a lot before finally stopping. She turned on warm water and filled a bowl, knowing Ani would have a problem with water. She then dropped some herbs into the bowl and put Ani's hands into it palm up. She then took a sponge and gently ran it over the cuts on her left hand and the cut going up her right from where she broke Rose's pen via cracking it in her hand.

Ani whinced but otherwise didn't protest. By the time she was done, the water was tinged a reddish black color which Aeriin poured down the drain. She then used tweezers to take anymore glass out, and a cotton swab to put anti-bacterial cream on her hands. Then she bandaged them back up and smiled at her companion. "All done. Are you alright?"

"I'm... pretty shaken up... I mean Rose was inches away from me." Ani answered.

"Go sit on the couch, I'll be there in a second. I want the glass off my floor, and the blood." Aeriin told her.

Ani did as she was told and sat on the couch, waiting for Aeriin to finish cleaning. She threw the lamp in the trashcan, and broke the stools more so she could fit them in as well. Then she swept up the glass, cleaned up the blood and tossed everything in the trash. "Our neighbors are going to start thinking I'm murdering people."

"If they didn't already." Ani answered with a shrug as she looked down at her own hands. They still stung from Aeriin touching them, so she knew that they weren't healing.

Aeriin sat on the coffee table in front of her. "Tell me what happened."

"Well... after you left I sat on the couch because... I had shit on my mind. Anyway I was about to get up to go downstairs when my mom showed up and was like 'You're coming home with me right now!' So I tried to hit her with the lamp because she wouldn't take no for an answer. The pen felt like it magically appeared in my hand and then when my mom tried to grab me, Rose reached over my shoulder like she was standing there the whole time, and grabbed my mom. They yelled some shit at each other, then Rose threw her into the kitchen. Then they just vanished and that's why there's a bunch of Rose petals." Ani explained. She was grateful she never had to breath because she wouldn't have been able to say that faster if she tried.