Chapter 3

Aeriin was ready to smack her head against her desk. She had no love for the lesson her teacher was teaching, and she wished it would just end. She glanced down noticing someone had put a paper on her desk. She looked to the student to her right, the only one who would be able to put anything on her desk since she was at the back, left of the classroom.

The girl beside her smiled. Morgan White her name was. She was a fellow hunter, probably the one who lured the wolf to the school for Aeriin and Ani to kill.

She had bright red hair, and green eyes. She wore jeans and a leather jacket, with sneakers.

Aeriin rolled her eyes with a smile of her own and opened the note, letting it rest against her notebook to make it seem like she was going over her notes.

You really tore up the classroom Saturday. How's your arm? The note read.

Aeriin grabbed her own pencil and wrote the answer under the question.

Of course we did. That wolf was persistent. My arm is fine thanks to Ani, but how'd you know?

Aeriin handed the note back then received the answer again.

There was traces of your blood in the wolf's mouth. We thought for sure you'd have been turned.

No. Thankfully Ani can remove poisons and stuff with her bite.

So you're not a vampire either?

At that Aeriin had to glare at Morgan who only smirked.

I'm still human, and I intend to remain that way.

Good, because I'd be the one to put you down if you turned, and we don't want that.

That'd be a show of a life time. Except for the fact Ani would tear you apart if you threatened me.

What is it between you two? Are you dating or something?

Pretty much, just without the kissing and the sex.

Taking it slow?

I guess that's what you can call it. She doesn't want to get too close to me because she's afraid she'll get really hurt when I die.

Its inevitable though. As long as she refuses to gift you immortality, you're going to die of old age and she's only making herself suffer. I mean, unless you don't want to live forever.

I've thought about it before.

And what do you think?

I wouldn't say I'm hoping for it, but I don't think I'd mind so much if I had someone like Ani to share it with.

You two should get married.

Aeriin crumpled up the paper and threw it at Morgan's head. The Huntress tried to keep herself from laughing at Aeriin's distress and somehow managed to keep from getting in trouble.

Aeriin rolled her eyes and went back to attempting to listen to the teacher's lesson, and actually needed Ani to keep waking her. A couple times she felt the vampire's mental hand wrap about her thoughts and shake them awake, but she figured it was just her imagination.

When class finally ended, she walked out the door, Morgan following behind her before linking her arm through Aeriin's. "So-o-o how are you doing?"

Aeriin laughed. "I'm fine, what about you?"

"I had to deal with goblins in the sewer last night. I get goblins, you get werewolves. I think they believe you're better than me." Morgan answered.