Chapter 27

Alex pulled his truck into the driveway, then got out and ran around to help Ani out as she stumbled out and practically fell into his arms. He shuffled her into the house and helped her onto the couch before jogging out of the room, then coming back with a shirt and two soda's. He handed Ani the shirt and one of the soda's before turning away, allowing Ani to change out of her blood soaked dress shirt. He himself took his dirtbiking outfit off, leaving him in just shorts and a tank top, revealing his muscled body.

"Can you get me some shorts or something too?" Ani asked. "These pants may look good, but they're not comfortable."

"Yeah sure." He jogged out then came back, handing her a pair of his shorts which she changed into before laying on the couch. "You should drink something."

"Unless you have O+ laying around, there's nothing I can eat or drink." Ani answered.

"I'm AB-." Alex shrugged. "So you really are a vampire?"

"Yes. Now just... be quiet so I can sleep." Ani told him.

"No. We need to talk about this." Alex said. "You and Aeriin have been living together forever, why would she just suddenly hate you?"

"I let her parents die! I could have saved them! But I chose to save myself instead!" Ani answered, covering her eyes. "They're dead because of me!"

"Ani, calm down!"

"They're dead Alex! I can't bring them back! She blames me for it, she'll never forgive me for it! She hates me!"

"She does't hate you Ani! Relax!" Alex said as he stood up. "You have to calm down!"

"Calm down!? Calm down!? I can't calm down! You have no idea how it feels to be rejected by your mate! I love her Alex! I love her so fucking much the thought of her disliking me even a little bit is like a sword to my chest and now! Now she can't even look at me! She wouldn't talk to me! She just hit me!"

Ani's hands went back to her chest as she whimpered.

Alex grabbed the sides of Ani's face, forcing her to look at him. "Ani! You need to calm down!"

"I can't calm down!"

"Ani." He said, more stirn but also quieter. "Everything is going to be alright. Just calm down a bit okay? We'll get through this."

Ani wanted to keep arguing, but she couldn't force herself to argue when he was so close to her. Not after realizing he wanted to kiss her so bad.

Instead she pushed him away. "I can't Alex." She told him. "I get you want to help me... but if you try to take advantage of me-."

"I'd never do that to you!" He said. "The only thing I'm interested in is getting you back together with Aeriin. My wants and needs mean nothing."

"Why help me get back together with her if you want me?" Ani questioned.

"Because you obviously wouldn't be happy with me." He said. "You want Aeriin instead. Probably because she's a girl and I'm not."

Ani smiled. "I'm not a Lesbian. I'm Pansexual."

"Really? So you don't care at all?"

"Most vampires don't. Blood is blood."

"You're dating Aeriin because her blood is good?" Alex questioned.

"No. I was dating her because she's perfect. And her blood is good."

"Well then that means that I have a chance. But fixing your current relationship comes first."