Chapter 40

The bullet exploded on the ground next to Ani's head. She had used her speed to dodge the bullet as she moved Aeriin, pulling her arm from Aeriin's chest where she cradled the huntress in her arms, tears streaming down her face. Ani had moved them across the room, facing the others.

"You're a quick little bastard." Stella smirked. "I always admired you, you know. It was too good to be true though. The perfect vampire would never obey a higher up right?"

Ani raised her head revealing her red eyes as she glared with all the hate of a thousand lifetimes at the woman who made her harm the love of her life. The anger and hate of a Pureblooded Vampire who had just lost everything.

"Such angry eyes." Stella laughed. "It's almost like you hate me."

"You're going to rot for what you did..." Anikke hissed.

"I did? No no no. You did this." Stella said. "If you hadn't disobeyed your mother in the first place by signing that treaty, she would never have sent me here to spy on you. You put the hunter in harms way."

"She's a vampire!" Morgan shouted as she picked herself up. "She's using the same magic Alex was using to hide her presence."

"That fucking idiot Alex." Stella smiled as she pulled the contacts from her eyes with her free hand, revealing one bronze left eye, and one gold right eye. "When he blew his own cover, I thought for sure you would use your fucking soul seeing ability you got from Alice to check everyone out. But no. You didn't even give me a second glance."

"What clan are you from!?" Azazel asked as she, Sera and Herja ran back up the hall behind them.

"You're not the only perfect vampire Anikke. You got your perfection from your power. Mine is from my blood. Agora loves to run experiments, and I suffered through every single fucking one. My blood is just as pure as Rose, and I'll prove it by crushing the abomination." Stella smiled. "Now tell your pets to sit down, or I'll put a bullet in someone's fucking head."

Light began to bend around Anikke's body, like reality itself was warping to her rage. Like her fury caused the world to cower in fear of her wrath as she stood up, her collar burning around her neck like it couldn't handle her soul, before it finally went ablaze and vanished from her neck in a puff of smoke.

"You've taken everything from me." Anikke snarled, her teeth turning into jagged knives in her mouth. "And FOR WHAT!? WHAT DID I EVER FUCKING DO TO YOU!?!" Her voice sounded echoed, like a thousand voices were screaming along with her's.

"You broke your dearest mother's heart Anikke. All she wanted to do was have you in her life again. But you picked that mortal over your own kind, and you paid the ultimate price. This is your fault, and it was inevitable because of the choice you picked."

"You know NOTHING of choices!" Anikke roared. "You follow my mother's voice because it's the only thing you know!"

"I know of victory. That's something you'll never have." Stella smiled devilishly as she tossed her gun to the side.

"Then I'll show you misery! And pain! And suffering! A thousand times worse than mine! I'll make you regret the day you were born! The day you met my mother! And the day you fucking DARED CROSS PATHS WITH ME!"

Anikke's wings exploded from her back and shot her forward in a black cloud of smoke as her vampire paws smashed into a force field that Stella created with her blue magic. However the force of Anikke's blow broke the floor beneath Stella's feet sinking her a foot into the stone.

Stella pushed forward on the force field, causing Anikke to step back before swinging again, this time forward, sending the force field back into the wall forcing Darcel to leap out of the way or be crushed between the force field and the wall. Stella shot lightning forward, but Anikke's hands returned to normal where she collected the lightning which sparked up her arms before swinging her hands forward, cracking whips of lighting towards Stella who raised her own arms willing the stone to block the blow for her.