Chapter 23

Ani snuck in Aeriin's room, finding the hunter sound asleep. She smiled and crept into the room, crawling under the covers and hugging the hunter against her, practically purring against her. Aeriin smiled herself and snuggled against her girlfriend.

"Is that my Ani?" Aeriin smiled.

"Who else would it be?" Ani answered, snuggling her nose into Aeriin's neck, inhaling her scent.

"How was your night?" Aeriin asked.

"Darcel and I had a bunch of fun. I got a free meal, and we even proved to Morgan I'm not going feral." Ani smiled, even though she knew Aeriin couldn't see her face.

"A free meal?" Ani questioned.

"Ogre blood tastes better than you think." Ani answered.

"Better than mine?"

"Not a chance hun." Ani purred into Aeriin's ear.

"You're so much more fun now that you've stopped being a total bitch." Aeriin retorted.

Ani laughed. "I feel more fun. More relaxed." Ani hugged the hunter closer to herself. Their bodies fitting together like puzzle pieces. "Now that I know I can't hurt you, I'm not as afraid."

"I'm glad." Aeriin smiled.

Ani planted a couple kisses on Aeriin's neck making her stretch out her head, making it easier for the vampire to do so. Ani then rested her head against the back of Aeriin's shoulder and the two of them closed their eyes, and drifted off to sleep together.

---

"Miss Étoile!"

Ani jumped at the teacher's voice being raised. "Would you care to answer the question?"

Ani looked at the board before rubbing her eyes. A complicated algebraic equation was written on the board.

"Of course you don't. Because I haven't taught it yet. So you need to pay attention, not day dream whilst-"

"I know the answer." Ani admitted, resting her chin on her hand as she looked at the board.

"How can you know?" A student asked.

"She's from Canada, maybe the school system's different." Someone else answered.

Ani sighed at the students fighting over her while the teacher just watched her before holding out the piece of chalk, daring her to answer the question. Ani stood up and took the chalk, writing the answer on the board without doing any of the work. The teacher looked at her in shock. "How can you answer it off the top of your head?" The teacher questioned.

Ani looked at the class and sighed slightly noticing that Aeriin wasn't in her class. This was the only class she didn't share with her girlfriend.

"I have a nurological condition." She admitted. "There is no equasion to me. There is just numbers on both sides of the equal sign. This equals that." Ani pointed to the numbers on each side. "My brain's subconscious and consciousness work together to solve problems almost instantly."

"Is that true? You didn't just use you're phone?" The teacher questioned.

Ani pulled the cell phone Aeriin got her out of her pocket and put it on her teachers desk before handing her the piece of chalk again. The teacher wrote another problem, and before she even finished-

"Twenty-three." Ani answered before taking her phone back and setting it in her pocket.

"But you would have had to have learned how to do the equasion in order to solve it, wouldn't you?" The teacher asked.